PDA

View Full Version : Which rules - BCA, APA or other??

NeZ
02-08-2006, 03:58 PM
It's really confusing to try and agree upon rules with people you haven't played with before, especially 8-ball rules. There are so many different variations, from local rules to the competing "official" rule books.

Which rules do most of you use for 8-Ball, 9-Ball, and 14.1?

From what I can tell the BCA and APA are the two most common for 8 and 9 ball. Are there others out there?

I like the BCA rules best so far.

Snapshot9
02-08-2006, 04:54 PM
There is the VNEA (Valley) rules, but the BCA rules are, I think, the most widely recognized and referred to for amateurs.

walt8880
02-08-2006, 05:53 PM
I prefer BCA rules also.

There are now IPT rules which differ from BCA and APA.

Scott Lee
02-09-2006, 02:06 AM
Nez..."House" rules can be anything, and are frequently very arbitrary (if it's Thursday, and it's raining, you have to bank the 8 in the side...LOL). VNEA rules are 95% the same as BCA. APA rules are 90% the same as BCA. BCA rules are referred to now, as World Standardized Rules, and are used for nearly all national and international competition. The new IPT is a privately funded tour, with it's own set of rules (some similarities to BCA, and some completely different). The world standardized rules are the most common, and most widely used and accepted.

Scott Lee

SPetty
02-09-2006, 12:24 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Snapshot9:</font><hr> There is the VNEA (Valley) rules...<hr /></blockquote>You would think so, but I dare you to try to find an officially printed copy of them!