PDA

View Full Version : Cheney directed Libby to out Valarie

Gayle in MD
02-09-2006, 05:34 PM
As some of us expected, Dick Cheney, according to Scooter Libby, is one of the "Superiors" who directed Libby to release Valarie Plame's name to the press, in an effort to discredit Joe Wilson's article which claimed that the administration knew that there had been no purchase of Yellow Cake, by Saddam, in Niger.

Libby's attorney's are trying to use the White House's refusal to release documents to them (his attorney's) as cause for the Judge to dismiss the case against Libby, stating that he cannot get a fair trial without the documents.

Since Libby is being prosecuted for lying to the Federal Grand Jury, it is unlikely that his charges will be thrown out. Libby is not requesting a speedy trial, and the speculation is that he is hoping to prolong his actual conviction so that Bush will be able to pardon him before, or soon after he is jailed, in the event he is found guilty of lying to the Federal Grand Jury, when the case goes to trial, 11 months from now.

The tactic being used by Libby attorney's is similar to
Oliver North's tactic, that he had been directed by higher officcials, used during the Reagan Administration, during the Iran Contra investigation, but legal experts say that in Libby's case, such tactics will not work, other than the Presidential Pardon, which could come on the last day of Bush's second term.

Since Libby is using the term, "Superiors" plural, I am wondering who would be considered higher than the Vice President, to Libby.

Gayle in Md.

Drop1
02-09-2006, 07:41 PM
President Bush,would be my choice. But again,anyone named Scooter,is apt to consider any number of people to be his Superior. This is an example of the twisted ethics,this administration exhibits;no truth,no transparency,only contept for the American People.

Qtec
02-09-2006, 09:59 PM
Bush got to see the evidence that was prepared, edited and 'fixed' by the neo-cons. I believe that what he saw and was told led him to believe that attacking Saddam was the right thing to do. C Powell believed that when he went to the UN to make the case for war, he was speaking about facts and not conclusions based on selective information.
Lets face it, if ever there was a Pres who could be manipulated it would be George! After 9/11, it was all the more easier.
The Palme affair stinks of Rove and Cheney.
Q

Gayle in MD
02-10-2006, 04:36 AM
Q, Lets not forget that George Bush had a hankering to go after Saddam before he ever took office. There are a number of books written about the months prior to 9/11 when people at the CIA claim that their efforts toward bin L., and al Q. were being diverted by this administration to focus on Saddam, instead. Richard Clarke's book, for one, has a great deal of information about Rice, and Cheney, and their actions after Bush was installed by the Supreme Court, and how they didn't want to hear about b.L., only Saddam.

I recall an interview when Bush was being questioned, during the warning period aimed at Saddam, when Bush said, with the look of a madman, BTW, "Well, for one thing, he tried to kill my father." He went to office with a score to settle.

Wolfowitz, Bush, Cheney were in agreement before the 2000 election ever got off the ground, that Iraq was number one on their list of things to do.

Halliburton, according to information I have read, was gearing up for the war during the Bush campaign.

There is no question in my mind that Powell was the outsider in the group, and was duped along with the rest of the world. Clarke, was frustrated as hell because Rice wouldn't even discuss b.L. or focus on any of the intelligence regarding b.L.'s intentions to attack us. He wrote that she acted as though she had never even heard of alQaeda, and responded to his desperate warnings with a blank stare. Her statement during the 9/11 hearings, which the Bush administration did every thing they could do to prevent, including cutting the funding, that, "Before 9/11, no one had ever imagined people flying planes into buildings" when such expectations were already circulating in the intelligence field, and Clarke, himself, had tried to get that very probability through her head.

There was also an FBI agent, O'Neil, who was shouldered out and falsely protrayed as unbalanced, who had intelligence that the WTC was going to be attacked, with planes, by al Qaeda. He was sent to NY from Washington, in an effort to put distance between him and agents in the main Washington D.C. Headquarters, and eventually, pushed out of the FBI, when he wouldn't stop begging his superiors to let him go to the Middle East and work from there on securing more intelligence from al Qaeda. He then took a job at the WTC as Chief Security, so convinced was he that b.L., al Qaeda would do just as they eventually did. He was killed there on 9/11, trying to get people out.

There is in my mind, no question that George Bush and his war happy neocon bunch knew full well that they were heading into Iraq, long before he ever stole the White House, hence, the man who led the group of terrorists who attacked us on 9/11, and his ever growing numbers of terrorists, is still alive, is still leading, is still planning to attack us again. And, the man who was in a box, who had no means to attack us, and no chance of aquiring the means, is jailed. Bush knew exactly what was happening when he pulled our troops out the mountaneous border and sent them into Iraq, when bin Laden was on the brink of capture, the job was left to untrustworthy drug runners.

The neocons, Bush, Cheney, Wolfowitz, Card, and the others, they all knew there would be war in Iraq if they could get in office. They were gearing up for that long before 9/11.

George Bush's history in politics is to sit back and portray the image of a religious man who could do no harm, while the people he hires to promote him do all the dirty work for him. Then when they get caught, like Libby, he and Cheney can't get enough distance fast enough. Believe me, he knows exactly what the score is, and exactly what the dirty tricks and lies are all about, he just makes sure that just in case the dirty operations are exposed, he can distance himself, and claim that he had nothing to do with it. Hence, he is being threatened right now by "Brownie" regarding the truth about New Orleans. I believe that in years to come, Powell, eventually will write a book which will curl our collective hair about George Bush, the born again christian with the itchy trigger finger, and the inhumane value system, built around his own greed and ego.

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
02-10-2006, 04:41 AM
I couldn't agree more. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Gayle in Md.

eg8r
02-10-2006, 05:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Bush got to see the evidence that was prepared, edited and 'fixed' by the neo-cons. I believe that what he saw and was told led him to believe that attacking Saddam was the right thing to do. C Powell believed that when he went to the UN to make the case for war, he was speaking about facts and not conclusions based on selective information.
Lets face it, if ever there was a Pres who could be manipulated it would be George! After 9/11, it was all the more easier.
The Palme affair stinks of Rove and Cheney. <hr /></blockquote> LOL, I like your post. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif It seems the left does everything they can to prove Bush is the mastermind behind everything they find wrong in the world, while at the same time they take every opportunity to state how dumb he is. Whether or not any of this is true, I feel the Dems give Bush WAY WAY too much credit. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

DickLeonard
02-10-2006, 06:20 AM
Eg8r, Only I know how dumb George is. I have the picture of George on Dick Cheney's lap and his hand up his back ala Charlie McCarthy.####

eg8r
02-10-2006, 06:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Eg8r, Only I know how dumb George is. I have the picture of George on Dick Cheney's lap and his hand up his back ala Charlie McCarthy.#### <hr /></blockquote> I hope you cherish your picture for the rest of your life.

eg8r

Sid_Vicious
02-10-2006, 07:13 AM
"George Bush's history in politics is to sit back and portray the image of a religious man....the born again christian."

Bush may not be the anti Christ but i will say this...he's taken educated people here in the US, many who are Christians with the very morals against the very actions Bush defends, torchure, dishonesty, greed and the lack of caring for the meek here in the USA, and totally duped these people into morons out of fear. Is that not what the anti Christ is supposed to do?

I give GW absolutely no benefit of the doubt concerning what he's done and what the resultant conditions have become. Bush is evil, plain and simple..sid

Qtec
02-10-2006, 07:15 AM
As President, Bush is responsible. Stupidity is no excuse for incompetence.

GW..."Man and the fish can coexist peacefully". LOL Need I say more.

Q.....thought the bottom of the barrel was reached with Dan Quayle! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r
02-10-2006, 08:57 AM
I think you might be missing the point, I am not sure. However, now you are mentioning he is incompetent. Where do all the negatives end, while at the same time giving him all the credit for orchestrating everything? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Way too much credit is given to Bush.

eg8r

eg8r
02-10-2006, 09:06 AM
Just noticed a little humour in your post sid... [ QUOTE ]
he's taken educated people here in the US, many who are Christians with the very morals against the very actions Bush defends, torchure, dishonesty, greed and the lack of caring for the meek here in the USA, and totally duped these people into morons out of fear. <hr /></blockquote> Well judging from your post, he sure has duped your educated mind into anything has he. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif You just see through all the "torchure" for what it really is. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I am just poking fun, spelling errors happen to everyone.

eg8r

wolfdancer
02-10-2006, 01:48 PM
Spelling errors do happen to everyone....not everyone though composes sentences like this:
"Well judging from your post, he sure has duped your educated mind into anything has he."
And you wonder........why no one understands what you wrote????? LOL...

wolfdancer
02-10-2006, 01:55 PM
"I feel the Dems give Bush WAY WAY too much credit."

Finally, something that we can agree on, but I'd also like to add.....I feel the Republicans give Bush WAY,WAY, too much credit!!!!!

eg8r
02-13-2006, 06:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
but I'd also like to add.....I feel the Republicans give Bush WAY,WAY, too much credit!!!!! <hr /></blockquote> This part does not matter, he is already in office and anything that goes well will always be attributed to the guy running the show. This happens every time my boss gets a promotion and we the grunts get the piddly increase. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r