PDA

View Full Version : Logic in the twilight world.

Qtec
02-09-2006, 11:56 PM
Attack foiled.

Mr. Bush and White House officials gave no reason for releasing details of a plot that they first disclosed last October. But Mr. Bush's speech came at a time when Republicans are intent on establishing their record on national security as the pre-eminent issue in the 2006 midterm elections, and when the president is facing questions from members of both parties about a secret eavesdropping program that he describes as pivotal to the war on terrorism.

In his speech, Mr. Bush said the plot had been "derailed in early 2002, when a Southeast Asian nation arrested a key Al Qaeda operative." He added that "subsequent debriefings and other intelligence operations made clear the intended target and how Al Qaeda hoped to execute it."

Mr. Bush and his counterterrorism adviser, Frances Fragos Townsend, made no claim on Thursday that the eavesdropping program, conducted by the National Security Agency, had helped to foil the 2002 plot. But in a conference call with reporters, Ms. Townsend did not rule out the program as a factor in discovering the plan.

"We use all available sources and methods in the intelligence community, but we have to protect them," Ms. Townsend said. "So I'm not going to talk about what ones we did or didn't use in this particular case."

She added that the Los Angeles plot had grown out of the Sept. 11 attacks. As described in the staff report by the independent commission that investigated the Sept. 11 attacks, Khalid Shaikh Mohammed, who is said to be the mastermind behind them, had originally envisioned an elaborate plan with 10 planes that would attack the East and West Coasts simultaneously on Sept. 11, 2001. But Mr. bin Laden rejected the plan, the report said, because of its difficulty.

"It was bin Laden who decided that it should just focus on the East Coast, and the West Coast should be held in abeyance until there was a follow-on attack," Ms. Townsend told reporters. "It's our understanding now that it was too difficult to get enough operatives for both the East and West Coast plots at the same time."

Just hold that thought for the moment. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Bring on Rush L.

[ QUOTE ]
RUSH: The Washington Post reports Sunday that two credible sources say that over 5,000 Americans' phone conversations were monitored as a result of the president's foreign surveillance NSA program. Now, my reaction to that is, you know, the media, I guess, the Washington Post story -- I haven't seen the story yet -- my guess is that the take of this story is, "Wow, what an invasion of privacy. Why, this program is over the top, why, this program is dangerous. Why, over 5,000 Americans' phone conversations have been monitored." But there's another way to look at that based on what this program is. And that is this. Suspected terrorists may have called over 5,000 people in the country! Suspected terrorists! That's the point of it, instead of focusing on, "Oh, my God, look at the violation of privacy!" Well, look at the point of the program. The program only monitors phone calls in or out of the country with a suspected terrorist on one end of the conversation. <font color="blue"> Of coure he has ABSOLUTELY no proof of this! </font color> So 5,000 Americans have had phone conversations, phone calls from terrorists since the program started? That seems to me -- it's either that or there's some giant Al-Qaeda telemarketing plan going on to sell Danish flags in this country.

<hr /></blockquote>
So there are 1000,s of 'terrorists'in the US! [ You would think it would be easy to catch them when they are getting collect calls from Bin Laden! /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif]
Didnt they also say that they had averted a plot to detonate a 'dirty bomb'in the US?
I,m sure Ashcroft made an announcement to the fact that a 'terrorist' was caught trying to enter the US who was involved in a 'dirty bomb'plot.
What he didnt say at the time was that the guy- Padilla?- was a US citizen. After 3 years incommunicado, even tho he makes claims like "I am Al Qaeda" <font color="blue"> LOL . Sounds like a loony!</font color> he hasnt been charged with ANYTHING to do with a 'dirty bomb'???? How come? Is it ANOTHER intelligence failure <font color="blue"> 'group think'my a$$! </font color> or a product of Rove's fantasy- designed to make it look like the Govt is doing something when really they are fumbling around in the dark?
It seems to me that claims are frequently made by this Govt that they cant back up with facts.

Q

BTW, The alleged plot was that they would blow out the cabin door with explosives and then fly the plane into a building!

eg8r
02-10-2006, 05:45 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote rush:</font><hr> The program only monitors phone calls in or out of the country with a suspected terrorist on one end of the conversation. <blockquote><font class="small">Quote q:</font><hr> Of coure he has ABSOLUTELY no proof of this! <hr /></blockquote> <hr /></blockquote> Oh give me a break Q. You spend 90% of your time on this board spewing accusations with "ABSOLUTELY" no proof, and you are going to turn around and blame Rush for doing it? You have ABSOLUTELY no proof whether your accusation about Rush is true or not.

eg8r

DickLeonard
02-10-2006, 06:10 AM
Eg8r Leave Rush out of this he is a Drug Addict/soon to be a Felon/ I heard his show will come directly from Jail.####

eg8r
02-10-2006, 06:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Eg8r Leave Rush out of this he is a Drug Addict/soon to be a Felon/ I heard his show will come directly from Jail.#### <hr /></blockquote> ####, maybe it is early and your comedy cylinders are not all running full steam, however the original post is the one in which Rush was brought into the dicussion. On the other hand, even if your wild mind can forsee the actual future, at least the world will still get to hear Rush. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif I would say the same for anyone at Air America (you are already know they are drug addicts, but if they were sent to jail...), we all need a healthy dose of what is wrong with the left sharing air time with the Hannity. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Qtec
02-10-2006, 07:04 AM
Geez........the twilght zone again.

Using your logic.
What if I made the statement: "Gw and Dick Cheney are having an affair!"
Do I have to back this up with proof or do you have to prove what I,m saying is not true?
If you cant prove that I,m lying, is it ok for me to continue to say this? Does it make it true?

Of course NOT.

If I remember correctly, I took a lot of stick when I said that there was no proof to the claims that GW and Co were making in the lead-up to the Iraq invasion. When you and your like /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif were shouting 'freedom fries', I was saying, "wait a minute guys, there's something wrong here.....".
Guess what........I was RIGHT. GW was 100% wrong and so were you.If you could just once admit this, you might be on the road to recovery. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
The fact is, GW, Condi, Rumy etc have NEVER been able to prove ANY of their claims and today its still going on.

Q....eg8r once thought that Wilson had outed his own wife!!!!!!!! It could never have come from the Whitehouse. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

supergreenman
02-10-2006, 09:03 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote rush:</font><hr> The program only monitors phone calls in or out of the country with a suspected terrorist on one end of the conversation. <blockquote><font class="small">Quote q:</font><hr> Of coure he has ABSOLUTELY no proof of this! <hr /></blockquote> <hr /></blockquote> Oh give me a break Q. You spend 90% of your time on this board spewing accusations with "ABSOLUTELY" no proof, and you are going to turn around and blame Rush for doing it? You have ABSOLUTELY no proof whether your accusation about Rush is true or not.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

eg8r you spend %90 of your time telling people they have no proof without investigating things yourself.

James

ps %90 of stats are made up on the spot.

eg8r
02-10-2006, 09:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
eg8r you spend %90 of your time telling people they have no proof without investigating things yourself. <hr /></blockquote> I have no desire to investigate if you have proof of something when I believe you don't.

However, you bring up a good point, just because you feel someone else does not adequately back up their point it should be fine for you? Do you have so little faith in what you say? No matter your perception of my actions, it still does not remove the truth of what I said about Q. I see from your reply you did not offer any defense of Q, so I guess what I said still rings true. Surely someone could help the poor guy out. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I just wish you guys put forth a little thought when making some of these replies. You sound like a 1st grader getting caught doing something wrong. You start trying to drag everyone down with you. Stand up and be responsible for your own actions. If you are posting something hypocritical I don't mind stating it, the only problem is that I get these sort of 1st grade responses. I can see why people choose a profession other than teaching, if they had to deal with this childish mentality all day at work and then come to this board and read it from you it might drive them to hitch a ride with Uncle Teddy. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

eg8r
02-10-2006, 09:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Geez........the twilght zone again.

Using your logic.
What if I made the statement: "Gw and Dick Cheney are having an affair!"
Do I have to back this up with proof or do you have to prove what I,m saying is not true?
<hr /></blockquote> Surprise surprise, you have once again dumbfounded me with your ability to not comprehend simple sentences. Did you always have a problem picking out the main idea in a story?

I was not giving you any logic. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif I was merely pointing out the hypocrisy in your post. You mention in a negative manner about something you believe he was doing, when that very action is identical to the way you handle yourself in post you make on this board.

eg8r

eg8r
02-10-2006, 09:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If I remember correctly, I took a lot of stick when I said that there was no proof to the claims that GW and Co were making in the lead-up to the Iraq invasion. When you and your like were shouting 'freedom fries', I was saying, "wait a minute guys, there's something wrong here.....".
Guess what........I was RIGHT. GW was 100% wrong and so were you. <hr /></blockquote> Well, I had almost successfully talked myself out of reading on. LOL, did not work. Why do you purposefully walk around deaf and blind? W was absolutely not 100% wrong. The battle is not over there is plenty more to unearth. The problem with you and the left is that you are desirous of us to lose. You want the US to lose so that you can say, "I told you so". You don't want to give us time to look and search (while we are still looking it will be much easier when not having to continue fighting in tandem with searching), you just want to declare immeadiately everything was a failure. Well, you are 100% wrong.

eg8r

Qtec
02-10-2006, 10:03 AM
Rush made a ridiculous claim that he has no way of backing up with facts. The only ones who have the info, ie the Govt, are not releasing that information so to ANY normal person, Rush is talking out his a$$.Its PURE fantasy.
Is that so difficult to understand?
Q /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

DickLeonard
02-10-2006, 11:27 AM
Eg8r I am sorry I never read mingled posts, I just thought that the Corrector needing Correcting. Instead of Bush you typed Rush. Your record is still safe.####

Gayle in MD
02-10-2006, 05:50 PM
AH HA HA HA...good post Q, I have got to meet you someday!

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
02-10-2006, 05:53 PM
Tap Tap Tap...he only get's his news from the Faux News Channel! I'll bet he hasn't read one single book written about this war, or this administration! Anyone who disagrees with him, is a liar!

Ignorance is bliss!

Gayle in Md.

eg8r
02-13-2006, 05:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Rush made a ridiculous claim that he has no way of backing up with facts. The only ones who have the info, ie the Govt, are not releasing that information so to ANY normal person, Rush is talking out his a$$.Its PURE fantasy.
Is that so difficult to understand? <hr /></blockquote> No, that is not difficult to understand and if you would shut up and read what I posted you would see that. I was not disagreeing with you at all. Hello, have you allowed your brain to click on once? My post was to point out the hypocrisy in your post. You were chastising him of the mere action you have made legendary.

All I ask is that you actually utilize some 3rd grade comprehension skills and look for the main point.

eg8r

Qtec
02-13-2006, 07:31 AM
I should have called the thread- eg8r's twighlight zone! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
Is that so difficult to understand? <hr /></blockquote> No, that is not difficult to understand and if you would shut up and read what I posted you would see that. I was not disagreeing with you at all. <font color="blue"> Exactly. You ignored commenting on the SUBJECT of the thread COMPLETLY and went straight into your usual attack/shoot the messenger mode. You dont have a reply to what I said so you try to discredit me! </font color> Hello, have you allowed your brain to click on once? My post was to point out the hypocrisy in your post. <font color="blue"> Keep to the subject- if you can. </font color> You were chastising him of the mere action you have made legendary. <font color="blue">Any proof of that statement?
I didnt say he was being hypocritical. What I said was' he is talking out his a$$ and making wild claims that he cannot back-up with facts. </font color>

All I ask is that you actually utilize some 3rd grade comprehension skills and look for the main point.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

Imagine.

The telephone rings.

"Hello.

Collect call from Afghanistan, will you accept the charge?

Sure.

Achmed?

Osama!

Hows tricks?

Didnt I ask you not to call me at home. This phone could be tapped.

No.No. Dont worry. Bush respects the Constitution too much to ever tap US citizen's phones without a warrant. He He. The fool. We are completly safe.

Phew! Thats ok then.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Smoke signals would be safer than calling. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Q

eg8r
02-13-2006, 10:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Exactly. You ignored commenting on the SUBJECT of the thread COMPLETLY and went straight into your usual attack/shoot the messenger mode. <hr /></blockquote> I never attacked a messenger, if you think so, then you think of yourself a bit too high. Come off your high horse.

[ QUOTE ]
You dont have a reply to what I said so you try to discredit me! <hr /></blockquote> Wow, it is like twilight zone as you have mentioned, here you are chastising of doing something which you have also made legendary. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Keep to the subject- if you can. <hr /></blockquote> Fair enough. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Maybe you should take notes, because once again, this is something 9 times out of 10 you refuse to do.

eg8r

wolfdancer
02-13-2006, 01:29 PM
"No, that is not difficult to understand and if you would shut up and read what I posted you would see that. I was not disagreeing with you at all. Hello, have you allowed your brain to click on once? My post was to point out the hypocrisy in your post. You were chastising him of the mere action you have made legendary.

eg8r"

Just a slight rewording of this boiler-plate reply, and you could copy and paste it into your many posts on the subject.