PDA

View Full Version : Pool Player Etiquette

XPY
02-10-2006, 01:31 AM
Was watching a game the other night, two guys playing for a little money, they got to double hill, and the one player broke and ran the table out. He then proceeded to shoot and sink his opponentís balls . The second player got quite upset about it and personally I thought it was an insult to the guy. Almost as if to say you suck you canít sink your balls so let me do it for you, or let me show you how itís done. In my opinion the very least the guy could have done was asked his opponent if he minded if he just finished shooting out the table. Personally I think it was just really bad etiquette.

Just wondering what you think about this.

HALHOULE
02-10-2006, 02:01 AM
I think it is none of anyone's business. A prudent and wise man would keep his counsel private, lest he lose a few molars.

cheesemouse
02-10-2006, 05:25 AM
Much to do about nothing...you say they both got to the hill so no insult about the guys ability to play after all he shot his way to the hill didn't he? Sounds like the match was played on a barbox(just guessing here), when the player who won, ended the match, and then cleared the remaining balls was just getting his moneys worth. Bartable etiquette, if there is such a thing, seems to be you paid for the balls so don't leave them on the table. At the end of the match they are nobodys balls, the game is over, whoever gets to them first gets the worm.
I suppose if the loser would have interrupted the eventual winner during his runout and said "say, if you get out I would like to shot the remaining balls, please" then it would have been magnanimus of the winner to let him do so but then the loser would have broken some etiquette by asking...much to do about nothing.

XPY
02-15-2006, 01:38 AM
Just my opinion but you seem to be new with the popularity of the game. Respect and skill have always been an issue in pool, old students of the game know how to take someone down and still leave with there teeth intacked.

cheesemouse
02-15-2006, 09:59 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote XPY:</font><hr> Just my opinion but you seem to be new with the popularity of the game. Respect and skill have always been an issue in pool, old students of the game know how to take someone down and still leave with there teeth intacked. <hr /></blockquote>

On the contrary your 2 posts seem at variance, with my 2000 and some, in who is up to speed with the popularity of the game thingee you mentioned. In regards to my teeth and leaving losers dignity intact because of a benevilant nature...I still have my teeth...LOL
The only interesting and the reason for my now rare reply in the first place was your mention of the word etiquette: here is a link for your edification.

http://www.bonkworld.org/index.php?action=show_content&amp;id=35

Consume this material if you wish and tell me if it is any of your business as a third party how other pool players conduct themselves or if it is wiser to take care of your own pool business and leave others to enjoy their game in any fashion they see fit...LOL

monkeychef
03-02-2006, 06:47 PM
cheesemouse, that Inner Pool Shark guide had me laughing during the whole read. Thank you. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

FastJoey
03-02-2006, 10:44 PM
i do not think it was in bad taste.the winner felt good and righfully so.he continued on shooting to see how many more balls he could make.