PDA

View Full Version : How does one know when.............

tjlmbklr
02-10-2006, 06:23 PM
How does one know when to consider a longer cue. I am 6'0" and have what I believe to be long arms. When gripping the cue to where the balance feels right I am all the way at the end (butt) and my address is about 8". I see a lot of shorter players like the Philippine players that play very loose and seem to grip very far up with a lot of cue on the address.

I would be willing to pay for an extra inch on the shaft, but is it heard of to go 2 inches or maybe another inch on the butt. I am looking into a Schon for my next cue. What does everyone think, can it be done, and would it be worth it to have Predator shaft insted. I shoot currently with a Predator Sneaky Pete and do like it.

Please help in my quest for that right cue for me.

Cane
02-10-2006, 06:52 PM
Have someone look to see if your forearm is perpendicular to the cue where you're gripping it now. In other words, there should be a 90 degree angle between your cue and your forearm. I'm 6'4" and have VERY long arms (wear 37" shirt sleeves) and I'm just off of the wrap on a standard length cue. Unless you have ape arms, at 6' tall, you probably aren't going to be on the butt of the cue if you're gripping it in the right place.

Bob

Deeman3
02-10-2006, 07:34 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cane:</font><hr> Have someone look to see if your forearm is perpendicular to the cue where you're gripping it now. In other words, there should be a 90 degree angle between your cue and your forearm. I'm 6'4" and have VERY long arms (wear 37" shirt sleeves) and I'm just off of the wrap on a standard length cue. Unless you have ape arms, at 6' tall, you probably aren't going to be on the butt of the cue if you're gripping it in the right place.

Bob <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Take it from me ( a big guy in my own right) Cane is so tall and has such long arms, he was seriously considered for the title role in King Kong. Unfortunately, his shaft was too short.

Go with the Schon, get an extra inch on the shaft. I use that same set-up and like it. If you are grabbing the end of the butt each time and, assuming you are at a 90 degree angle as Cane mentions, you will benefit from the longer shaft and reach as well. The extra inch is not a problem as far as balance but if you go two extra inches, I'd probably have the entire cue custom made.

Deeman
has see Cane drag his knuckles on the floor. O.K. Just Kidding, Maybe!!!!</font color>

tjlmbklr
02-11-2006, 08:32 AM
Thanx everyone!