PDA

View Full Version : New Pool Cue

Sambo
02-11-2006, 06:55 AM
Good morning everyone, I am looking to upgrade from my present cue to something alittle nicer. The 2 cues that have been looking at are Schon and Joss. And I am wondering what everyones thoughts are about them. Thank you in advance.

Sambo

Deeman3
02-11-2006, 07:36 AM
Both are excellent cues. I shoot with a Schon and prefer its firm hit. I have owned a couple of Joss cues and they are excellent as well. You can certainly buy a custom cue that might be better for you but for the money, these are solid and dependable cues. I do prefer the Schon.

Deeman

dg-in-centralpa
02-11-2006, 08:23 AM
Personally, I like Schon better than Joss. JMHO. I have a Schon and a friend has a Joss. Schon seems a little better balanced.

DG

Cornerman
02-11-2006, 08:40 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sambo:</font><hr> Good morning everyone, I am looking to upgrade from my present cue to something alittle nicer. The 2 cues that have been looking at are Schon and Joss. And I am wondering what everyones thoughts are about them. Thank you in advance.

Sambo <hr /></blockquote>Both good choices. What is your current cue? What do and don't you like about it?

Fred

ryushen21
02-12-2006, 02:30 PM
Like Deeman said, for what you would spend on one of these, you could probably find a custom in close to the same price range.And with those you can get any kind of hit you want. Joss is definitely not a bad cue. In fact i shot sixth in a tournament yesterday with my friends Joss.

Schon however, is probably the best quality produciton cue that you can get. I have played with, but never actually owned, several Schons and liked every one that i shot with. They all have a good consistent shot and feel to them.

If you can try them both out, that is what i would suggest. And actually, try out anything that you can get your hands on. You never know what you might find.

ChrisOnline
02-13-2006, 12:49 AM
I have owned many schons.. they are all awesome.. and honestly.. each one is alittle different.. for the strongest hit you want one with an ebony forearm.. but they are alittle higher in price.. also.. i owned a couple joss cues in my day.. this one joss i had, must have been the strongest cue dan janes ever made. because i must have launched it across the pool atleast a dozen times.. although i cant say the same for the shafts.. they break with much less effort /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif but all in all.. they are both top notch on the machine made cue list.. schon is probably the best cnc production cue ever...

chris

Snapshot9
02-13-2006, 08:29 AM
I like Schon's, but I do not care for the new low cost Joss's.

dave
02-13-2006, 10:21 AM
They're both fine cues. As far as playability, it's a matter of taste. Both are production cues, but the Shon will probably retain a better resale value (if you care about that).

Scott Lee
02-13-2006, 12:37 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ChrisOnline:</font><hr> for the strongest hit you want one with an ebony forearm..

chris <hr /></blockquote>

Huh? This is the one of the most bizarre statements I've heard. Wood is wood. IMO, anyone who "launches" cues should not have the privilege of owning nice cues. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Take some anger management classes. Beating up a cue because you missed solves nothing. It's not the cue's fault. Next time, take the cue in both hands, near the joint, and slap yourself with the butt end strongly up side your head. THAT may result in learning something.

Scott Lee ~ yes, I am serious!

Shorty
02-13-2006, 07:39 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote ChrisOnline:</font><hr> for the strongest hit you want one with an ebony forearm..

chris <hr /></blockquote>

Huh? This is the one of the most bizarre statements I've heard. Wood is wood. IMO, anyone who "launches" cues should not have the privilege of owning nice cues. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Take some anger management classes. Beating up a cue because you missed solves nothing. It's not the cue's fault. Next time, take the cue in both hands, near the joint, and slap yourself with the butt end strongly up side your head. THAT may result in learning something.

Scott Lee ~ yes, I am serious! <hr /></blockquote>

HAHAHAHA thanks for the laugh Scott...that's a good one man!

Shorty

cram
02-14-2006, 03:09 AM
On their site I see that there are many series.
In my country, only the 'cx' serie is disponible.
What are the concrete differences between these series (stl, sp, etc.) and, in the 'cx' serie, between the cx 01, 02, etc.
Marc

DickLeonard
02-14-2006, 07:26 AM
Scott that is my favorite golf story. Woody Austin after missing a putt walked to the next tee beating the side of his head with the shaft of the putter, of course his hat was taking most of the beating.####

Cornerman
02-14-2006, 07:51 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cram:</font><hr> On their site I see that there are many series.
In my country, only the 'cx' serie is disponible.
What are the concrete differences between these series (stl, sp, etc.) and, in the 'cx' serie, between the cx 01, 02, etc.
Marc <hr /></blockquote>There's not much difference, other than aesthetics. The LTD series they only make 12 of each cue, and the Elite Series, they only make 7 of each cue.

The CX Series is made exclusively for the Cuestix International billiard supply company.

Fred