PDA

View Full Version : Illegals Came Into My House!

Sid_Vicious
02-12-2006, 08:05 AM
I am having a personal issue with some repairs, covered by insurance, concerning the people they use for the labor. I have chosen NOT to have trees trimmed in the past because I did not want the illegals, commonly used by fly by night trimming services, to gather information on my layout. But now I have had some insurance paid repairs done yesterday, and none of the people who came into my house were english speaking, and that REALLY bothers me not knowing their intent afterwards after seeing all I had inside, how the house was layed out, and seeing the general single lifestyle. Before anyone thinks I am paranoid let me tell you I was once robbed and that event most likely came due IMO to my neighbor using illegals to build up a foundation, giving them lots of time to analyze my comings and goings.

Anyway I need to know if I have any consumer rights in pressing the issue that I do not want un-bonded, untrustworthy laborers inside my house, and besides, I don't feel it is all-American to use them at all. Mainly though, I don't trust any of them and it pisses me off that I had that bunch in yesterday.

Can I force this issue next Saturday when the rest of the house is done? Thanks...sid

Gayle in MD
02-12-2006, 08:08 AM
Martin, you just gave me a great idea! I'll pm you....

Gayle

Sid_Vicious
02-12-2006, 08:11 AM
Thanks...sid~~~sitting with abated breath

Drop1
02-12-2006, 12:10 PM
Your concern is valid,but in MHO it dosen't matter that the workers are legal,or illegal. I would talk to the Insurance Company,and ask them for information on each person working in the house,I would also ask each person to prove they are not illegal,also,I would demand anyone working on my house,speaks English. We had our home in Calif, broken into five times,in less than two weeks. It turned out to be a kid my son knew. There is a building boom going on in Mexico,and the second largest builder is a U.S. firm.
When I built this home in Mexico, it got to a point material suppliers would not deliver material,and workers refused to work on the job because they wanted me to use second class material,and poor workman ship. It took nine contractors to build the kitchen. Anyway put some motion alarms around the house,and maintain as much visibility of the house,by not blocking views with trees and bushes. You will be a tough break in,with that formula.

Vagabond
02-12-2006, 06:35 PM
If the warning sign boards are not written in spanish those sign boards do not meet the legal requirements and legally he and his relatives and the whole Mexico can enter your house.I ain`t joking. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Drop1
02-12-2006, 09:04 PM
Can you give me the source for that law? Is it a Federal law,and if so there should be a number connected to it. I sure would appreciate your help.

Cueless Joey
02-13-2006, 12:21 AM
Make a decal that read
Immigration And Naturalization Services and stick it your car.

Fasteddy7
02-13-2006, 03:54 PM
watch the movie "CRASH" w/ sandra bullock. I think she has a illegal in her house as well. jk

Vagabond
02-13-2006, 04:47 PM
I had not seen law directly related to it.Las week I heard on TV that in state of North Carolina the judge dropped the DUI/DWI charges because the police officer did not read the Miranda warnings in Spanish language.I have every reason to believe that some one is going to argue in a trespassing case with the same logic that was used in North Carolina.HABLA ESPAN`OL.VIVA PEURTO RICO /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Sid_Vicious
02-13-2006, 06:34 PM
I saw that movie. That gentleman was a private business owner and had children imbedded into our schools. He only had tatoos like a celly, but the man talked perfect english compared to my group. Thanks though for the suggestion. I'm not incompassionate about those with desires to be here LEGALLY, but the other classification has no place inside my home...sid