PDA

View Full Version : The New Orleans Trailors....

Gayle in MD
02-12-2006, 08:38 AM
When I read about the billions spent on trailors, which of course is the worst shelter to live in when living in a hurricane prone area, I wonder if the government wouldn't have been much wiser to build high rise low income housing outside the below sea level flood range. When you think of the costs of moving trailors around, land rent, etc., one would think that if the government had purchased or leased land, and built condos where these people could live, atleast there would have been an option for the homeless to purchase their temporary condos once things are settled down there.

My personal opinion is that it is absolutely crazy to rebuild New Orleans in the same lay out as before, and I do think as time goes by, this issue of re-building in coastal flood zones, especially below sea level zones, will become a much greater issue as global warming continues to make undeniable statements.

New Orleans, should be reconfigured so that only businesses and government buildings are built in the below sea level zones, and the wetlands restored. Since I don't know how far inland the below sea level designation extends, I don't know how feasable this thought really is, but, one would think that there would be less waste of taxpayers money in the long run, if the approach had been condo building, (Low income housing) from the start. Atleast there would be something to sell to someone at a later date, at their own option of course, something much more safe and less wasteful than shipping trailors around and engineeering for temporary housing, which if they are hit again, will be a death sentence for anyone who refuses to leave.

Also, probably, many of those who really shouldn't move back into those sections which are most at risk, would probably choose to buy their condos and live outside the city, and since it would be their choice, they couldn't use the race card issue, which I think will become more and more of an issue as time goes by.

Gayle in Md.

SpiderMan
02-13-2006, 03:06 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> When I read about the billions spent on trailors, which of course is the worst shelter to live in when living in a hurricane prone area, I wonder if the government wouldn't have been much wiser to build high rise low income housing outside the below sea level flood range. Gayle in Md. <hr /></blockquote>

Gayle,

How many billions did you read were spent on trailers? They're not very expensive.

SpiderMan

wolfdancer
02-13-2006, 03:19 PM
Gayle, maybe billions is too high, but 10,000 * $35,000 =
$350 mil....give or take a few mil.....add in the cost of delivering them,parking them $25k per month, guarding them, and it's a tidy sum. I hope that the people that were displaced , that lost their homes in the hurricane, will someday get to make use of them. I have some doubts.....

wolfdancer
02-13-2006, 03:35 PM
Gayle, in about 6 mos to a year from now....there'll be an ad on EBay
New Trailors "Katrina" models....winning bidders responsible for moving them.....Call Penn 65000, ask for George or Dick.
Only bids from registered Republicans will be considered.

Deeman3
02-13-2006, 03:41 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> Gayle, in about 6 mos to a year from now....there'll be an ad on EBay
New Trailors "Katrina" models....winning bidders responsible for moving them.....Call Penn 65000, ask for George or Dick.
Only bids from registered Republicans will be considered. <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Wolfdancer,

Now be fair, you know republicans don't live in house trailers, we all live in mansions. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif </font color>

Deeman

wolfdancer
02-13-2006, 04:24 PM
They would be for the migrant workers,that you all employ to do the menial chores around the mansions.

nAz
02-13-2006, 05:25 PM
Hey Dee will you let your servants keep the trailers after after you pass on?

/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

pooltchr
02-13-2006, 05:57 PM
I just heard the latest bailout plan. We (you, me and the rest of the taxpayers) are going to spend $30 BILLION to buy property that was destroyed in New Orleans. Are we buying it at a fair price? No, we are buying it at PRE-KATRINA values!!!!!!!!!!
I guess those victims haven't ripped us off enough yet!!!
Steve

Gayle in MD
02-13-2006, 11:49 PM
Gee Steve, you're all heart. I don't think it is the victims that are ripping us off, it's our inefficient government that is doing that.

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
02-14-2006, 12:02 AM
The entire trailor fiasco is a bust. My guess, is that when all is said and done, we may well be into the billions category. FEMA bought 11,000 trailors, at a cost of over 300 mullion, not including the transport, to a location miles away in another state, Arkansaw, IIRC, and we have spent 25 thousand a month for land storage, put them on wetlands, which they are presently sinking into, and breaking apart. Likely, they will be destroyed, then we will have to pay to have them removed, and of course, hauled away somewhere to be destroyed.

How many condo buildings, or even track homes, could have been built with this money? What if government had said, okay, we are not relocating people into below sea level living. It just isn't feasible, but we will locat you just outside of town, into new facilities, where you will be safe. New Orleans, in the future, and when property is over fifty percent destroyed, will not receive funding for re-building homes, or any residential structures, in below sea level areas. One would think, a plan like that would be a good deal more realistic, and less wasteful.

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
02-14-2006, 12:08 AM
Hi Jack,
We could only be so lucky. I don't think they will be fit to sell to anyone....
I'll pm you some info, but those babies are gone. They have sunk into the ground, and are breaking apart. It seems, everything this brilliant bunch of millionaires that are running this country tries to do, is done without any plan for success, or efficiency.

Gayle in Md.

wolfdancer
02-14-2006, 01:04 AM
Gayle, while eg8r tries to focus the blame on one party for the many Katrina foulups.....Yahoo carried this new article, a Republican committee assessing the problems.
web page (http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060213/pl_nm/hurricanes_katrina_investigation_dc;_ylt=AtZxQ_YyU Y69ypI8VN7dQ7wGw_IE;_ylu=X3oDMTA4NG)
And in the article it mentioned this:
Richard Skinner, the inspector general of the Department of Homeland Security, told the committee that FEMA purchased 24,967 manufactured homes at a cost of $857.8 million to temporarily house Katrina victims. But most of those homes are unused and the government is paying to store them, he said.

Nearly 11,000 are sitting are sitting at a government site in Hope, Arkansas, and are deteriorating because they were improperly stored, he said. (additional reporting by Vicki Allen, Deborah Charles)
Rather then blame it on one party or the other, I think the blame belongs to the system which appoints non-qualified, under-qualified people to these positions, as a reward for donations,favoriitism, etc

BUT .....Maybe it does all go back to the Dems, to Chappaquedic.....no accident, Ted gets elected President, the country take a different path, and George the second, remains the flawed CEO of an obscure oil-drilling co, HEC that has caused huge losses to it's initial investors, the friends of the Bush family, Saddam is not funded, nor armed by the U.S.....neither war ever happens..................

Gayle in MD
02-14-2006, 01:21 AM
HA HA HA...have you ever seen such a bunch of poor winners? Their hatred of democrats overshadows their thinking. They don't care if their president appoints idiots to protect us. They don't care if their president sends our youth off to war in under false pretenses. They don't care if his decision to do so has worsened the original problem. Bush gets an automatic pass on all his Fups. Then they want to protray thinking people who search for the truth as unbalanced, uninformed partisan liberals, when they and he don't even read books....

They thrive on the Democratic past, because they can't face up to the destructive results of their own illinformed votes. Chertoff should be fired, but they'd rather be at risk in emergencies than to aknowledge that Bush made every decision which led to a DHS and a FEMA which are impotent due to his decision to merging the two, (which wasted loads of money) and appointing cornies who are incompeteant. It (The Katrina failure) truly IS all Bush's fault.

gayle in Md.

wolfdancer
02-14-2006, 06:21 AM
I just saw the first ad:
"Trailors for sale or rent
some have sunk, and you might get wet
no phone, no pool, we don't like pets
and we don't have a road"

Deeman3
02-14-2006, 06:44 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> Hey Dee will you let your servants keep the trailers after after you pass on?

/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Certainly not. Lie all good right wingers, I'm taking it all with me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif </font color>

Deeman

wolfdancer
02-14-2006, 06:51 AM
nAz, finally the right wing will be able to say
ready?................................
"All your trailors are belong to us"

eg8r
02-14-2006, 07:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
When I read about the billions spent on trailors, which of course is the worst shelter to live in when living in a hurricane prone area, I wonder if the government wouldn't have been much wiser to build high rise low income housing outside the below sea level flood range. When you think of the costs of moving trailors around, land rent, etc., one would think that if the government had purchased or leased land, and built condos where these people could live, atleast there would have been an option for the homeless to purchase their temporary condos once things are settled down there.
<hr /></blockquote> First of all government is not in the real estate business. They don't build homes for people nor should they start.

Secondly, if one was to honestly think about and ponder what you say in the above quote, it would behoove them to take a look at the current situation. Currently the government is paying for these displaced people to live in hotels. How are they treating the hotels? Are the hotels in at least as good of shape as before the displaced moved in? NOPE. They are ruining these hotel rooms. Also, things have calmed down for most, so, have these people gone out and found jobs and began to stand on their own two feet. NOPE. You don't hear about them getting off of the Government's money and footing the bill themselves, you cannot even get them to work at BK flipping burgers for $13/hr. They will mooch for as long as possible and ruin everything in their path. If the Government was to offer temporary condos to these people, it would be free room and board for the rest of their lives.

I am speaking in generalities for a reason. Generally speaking the majority of these people are wreaking havoc on the hotels where the rent is free. Sure the are many people/families who are taking this chance to start over. They are getting back up on their own two feet and making a new life for themselves. I have some very close friends new to Orlando who are doing this right now. They have found jobs in Orlando (one is now a manger of a clothing store) and they have moved out of the free-rent hotel they were staying in and paying for their own apartment. I know there are always those out there that will succeed, but these wonderful people are not the majority and especially not the people destroying everything given to them and demanding more.

eg8r

eg8r
02-14-2006, 07:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Gayle, while eg8r tries to focus the blame on one party for the many Katrina foulups.....Yahoo carried this new article, a Republican committee assessing the problems.
web page
And in the article it mentioned this:
Richard Skinner, the inspector general of the Department of Homeland Security, told the committee that FEMA purchased 24,967 manufactured homes at a cost of $857.8 million to temporarily house Katrina victims. But most of those homes are unused and the government is paying to store them, he said.

Nearly 11,000 are sitting are sitting at a government site in Hope, Arkansas, and are deteriorating because they were improperly stored, he said. (additional reporting by Vicki Allen, Deborah Charles)
Rather then blame it on one party or the other, I think the blame belongs to the system which appoints non-qualified, under-qualified people to these positions, as a reward for donations,favoriitism, etc

BUT .....Maybe it does all go back to the Dems, to Chappaquedic.....no accident, Ted gets elected President, the country take a different path, and George the second, remains the flawed CEO of an obscure oil-drilling co, HEC that has caused huge losses to it's initial investors, the friends of the Bush family, Saddam is not funded, nor armed by the U.S.....neither war ever happens..................
<hr /></blockquote> Once again, you cannot actually be using any thought when you post. I am not trying to focus the attention only on one group, I am merely asking that YOU actually give credit where credit is due. THE LOCAL AND STATE GOVERNMENT SCREWED UP FIRST, QUIT GIVING THEM A FREE PASS AND BLAMING EVERYTHING ON W (I have capitalized and bolded this section to bring your attention to them, it is the most important part of this reply to you. Now I can go back to eating some breakfast. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif ). My gosh, it is time for you to grow up and post responsibly instead of fabricating all this crap. Act like an adult, please.

If all this is true, then you are right, FEMA has screwed up again. We all have known this since the storm. No one has removed their responsiblity in this mess and they still receive all the blame they are due.

eg8r

eg8r
02-14-2006, 07:40 AM
LOL, you cannot see the trees for the forrest. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

eg8r
02-14-2006, 07:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
"All your trailors are belong to us" <hr /></blockquote> Hmm, that sounds good but just not as catchy as the lefts little slogan, "Progressive Tax, all your money is really the poor's money".

eg8r

eg8r
02-14-2006, 07:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The entire trailor fiasco is a bust. My guess, is that when all is said and done, we may well be into the billions category. FEMA bought 11,000 trailors, at a cost of over 300 mullion, not including the transport, to a location miles away in another state, Arkansaw, IIRC, and we have spent 25 thousand a month for land storage, put them on wetlands, which they are presently sinking into, and breaking apart. Likely, they will be destroyed, then we will have to pay to have them removed, and of course, hauled away somewhere to be destroyed.

How many condo buildings, or even track homes, could have been built with this money? <hr /></blockquote> Well considering you and the rest of the left would want to make sure the track homes/condos were at least better than what they had before I am willing to bet the number would not be any where near the 11,000. Also, consider the fact that your constiuents feel they are underpaid and need a big pay raise (including benefits and vacation pay). So not only will the cost of supplies (which you need to make sure and pay top dollar for because those companies have employees that want a pay raise, you know just to stay above the poverty line) be high, you will also be paying a "fair" wage to these employees. You must also consider the cost of benefits to these employees and all the sick time and vacation time they will need. All these costs will go into that "suposed billions category" you quickly mentioned in your post. Needless to say, if homes were to be built instead of the trailers and the Government bowed to every ridiculous whim of the left, we would have even more homeless people living in free hotels.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
02-14-2006, 10:27 AM
BWA ha ha ha, this administration is a Chinese Fire Drill. This whole response to Katrina has turned into a fiasco, just like Iraq. Funny thing is they are always given plenty notice what is coming, and the likely results, which they immediately ignore, and plow ahead with their incompetent plans, paint themselves into a corner, and then hone in on slogans to further muddy up the non thinking capacity of their followers.

In order to be a leader, you have to have SOME common sense, which is greatly absent in this administration. It is the most comical excuse for governing I've seen.

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
02-14-2006, 11:03 AM
Now you're cookin' best line you've ever written..."Lie, all right wingers" Now that's good thinkin" pal..
ps...I added the comma you left out, but that's OK, I make typing errors too. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
02-14-2006, 11:15 AM
Hey Jack,
WARNING....
There's a poster in this thread who can't read. I wrote a post about building and selling low income Condo housing for Katrina poverty strickened people with no homes, instead of throwing money down the drink with this whole trailor fiasco, and the villiage idiot can't even read what is written.

Posting with the uneducable is not worth the effort! Avoid it whenever you can!!!!

Gayle in Md. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

pooltchr
02-14-2006, 12:37 PM
Gayle,
You can't be serious. I hope you really don't think that the government should get into the home building and real estate business. You really are a piece of work. Read the constitution and see how the government is supposed to work, rather than how you think they should operate.
Steve

Gayle in MD
02-14-2006, 12:47 PM
No YOU go look into Low income housing, Government subsidised. I suppose you think it makes more sense to buy and haul trailors around and let them become destroyed before they are ever used, a total waste of the tax payers money. Way over three hundred million already wasted by your idiotic republican administration.

Gayle in Md.

pooltchr
02-14-2006, 02:49 PM
I've seen plenty about low income, Tax subsidised housing...that's why I'm not in favor of it. I'm not in favor of the government buying property down there at pre-hurricane values either. We don't need Uncle Sam playing the real-estate market. They can do nothing but spend more money. Do they think they are going to make a profit on the investment? No they will lose money, which you and I will end up paying for. If you want to pay for it, fine! I sure as Hell don't!
Steve

eg8r
02-15-2006, 05:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Gayle,
You can't be serious. I hope you really don't think that the government should get into the home building and real estate business. You really are a piece of work. Read the constitution <font color="red">(No time for this to get in her way, she is patiently awaiting the "fact-filled" Cindy Sheehan book. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif) </font color> and see how the government is supposed to work, rather than how you think they should operate.
<hr /></blockquote> Gayle is living in some fantasy land and she is not interested in the Constitution and what it has to say. She is on her own planet and believes the Government is here for handouts. She does not believe these people should have to do anything for themselves. Lets just give them everything. Hmmm, why didn't she pine up with free homes (just for wolfdancer /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif, this does not only mean single family dwellings) for those left homeless for all the past hurricanes? What about everyone that has lost their homes (trailers) due to tornados, or a flood? This might be the ultimate climax for the left. How about the government just give the entire country a free home, free utilities, free food, and we will just left the "evil rich" pay for it.

With all this free rent the people are getting surely they have saved up money from their new jobs to have a nice down payment on the new homes that will be going up in NO. Sorry, I was being facetious, we all know 90% have refused work and have lived the highlife on our tax dollars and we all know Gayle would never make those people buy their free homes back from the Government after letting them live there for free.

eg8r

eg8r
02-15-2006, 05:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
No YOU go look into Low income housing, Government subsidised. <hr /></blockquote> Ooops, I should have just read this post of Gayles before responding to pooltchr. There we have it in black and white, Gayle is not interested in what the Constitution has to say, she would rather us go to low-income housing and see what is going on. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif I wish she would take a walk through some of the hotels these people have destroyed and see if they deserve any more free handouts.

eg8r

pooltchr
02-15-2006, 06:07 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
No YOU go look into Low income housing, Government subsidised. <hr /></blockquote> Ooops, I should have just read this post of Gayles before responding to pooltchr. There we have it in black and white, Gayle is not interested in what the Constitution has to say, she would rather us go to low-income housing and see what is going on. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif I wish she would take a walk through some of the hotels these people have destroyed and see if they deserve any more free handouts.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

Ed,
Those hotels are owned by the evil rich. They can afford to fix them back up again. We don't want to burden these poor victims any more by expecting them to act in a respectable manner!
Steve

DickLeonard
02-15-2006, 07:04 AM
Eg8r Don't bring up the Constitution because it is a piece of paper that doesn't mean anything. It starts We the People but now it reads We the Corporations, the people have been thrown out to bribers. If 90% of the people are below the poverty level and have no means to right themselves. They have the Right and Duty to overthrow the Government according to the Constitution. When the Government only serves the Wealthy, that Bribes fund the Operation of Government, it is no different than having King George in Charge.

Your not responsable for anyone but yourself but why aren't you in Iraq, you must be eligible for duty, having a young baby would mean your under forty. Stand Up for your Country and go fight instead of waging the War of Words with us peace loving Liberals. ####

pooltchr
02-15-2006, 08:37 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DickLeonard:</font><hr> If 90% of the people are below the poverty level and have no means to right themselves. <hr /></blockquote>

Where in the world did you come up with that figure????

Gayle in MD
02-15-2006, 08:59 AM
Good post Dick, but don't expect these non readers to understand a complex word like "If" .....LMAO! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

When you suggest that money that WILL be spent by this government, atleast be spent without wasting it, throwing it down the drain, these nuts are so afraid that poor people might get a hand up after they have lost everything, instead of their beloved Corporations, which are robbing all of us daily, they totally freak! They'd much prefer to see George Bush's incompetent political appointee cronies, waste it all with their stupid decisions than to see any realistic efficient plan for spending the money considered. They use the same kind of slogans and twisting about what we write here, as Bush and Republicans use overall, they take what you say, and twist it beyond recognition. So far, I can't figure out if it is just that they can't read, or if they are so republicanized, that by osmosis, their ability to see the difference between what could work, and what will never work is permanently damaged.
FEMA, installed trailors on a mud field, they are shipping Jacks, plus gravel, as we write, to prop them up, when they have already for the most part, broken apart. DUMB DUMB DUMB!!!!

The fact that George Bush appointed the head of DHS, who has been the biggest offender in the Katrina fiasco, and is still calling the shots, and still has his job, will never penetrate their thick, empty skulls.

Gayle in Md.

pooltchr
02-15-2006, 10:02 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Good post Dick, but don't expect these non readers to understand a complex word like "If" .....LMAO! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gayle in Md. <hr /></blockquote>

I'm still trying to figure out what "is" is!!!
Steve

wolfdancer
02-15-2006, 10:20 AM
Gayle, getting back to the trailors....I just watched the short CNN video on the Yahoo site
web page (http://news.yahoo.com/fc/US/Hurricane_Katrina)

Not only are the trailors sinking, and the frames bent, but they have ordered 44,000 jacks to shore them up????
AAANNNDDDD the real story is....that they do not meet FEMA specs to begin with.
They denied access to the CNN reporter......like it was some top secret military installation. However there are pix from inside, and they are nice, roomy.....would make good housing for the victims....but now may have to be disposed of???
Whaat kind of thinking/planning went into buying these, and placing them without support??
It shows me that the wrong people have been placed in charge..forget their political affiliation....they are incompetent.

eg8r
02-15-2006, 10:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Eg8r Don't bring up the Constitution because it is a piece of paper that doesn't mean anything. <hr /></blockquote> No need to say anymore. You have proven what I have been saying all along and it is a sad day.

eg8r

eg8r
02-15-2006, 11:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Good post Dick<hr /></blockquote> And there is confirmation of what I posted. Dick said the Constitution is useless and Gayle agreed. Need anyone say anymore. What a disgrace.

These people are a detriment to our country with this type of thinking. They don't care what our country was founded on, they just want the money from the rich so they can give it away in handouts to all who ask. Disgraceful, but then again they are probably equally sad they were not brought up under a Facist regime.

eg8r

eg8r
02-15-2006, 11:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Whaat kind of thinking/planning went into buying these, and placing them without support??
<hr /></blockquote> There hasn't been any thinking going on, that is why they are wasting away in the first place. I agree on the incompetence statement. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Gayle in MD
02-15-2006, 11:28 AM
It is incredible. Bush and friends can't do anything right. By the time voting time comes around, people will be chomping at the bit to get to the polls to vote these corrupt, incompetent republicans out of office. Can you think of any administration that has wasted so much money, just thrown it down the dirnk?

No wonder Bush refused to give over his e-mails from Brown. Brown testified that he was notifying them before the hurrican hit that N.O. would be under water, and the levees would break. Hell, was there anyone in this country who didn't know that? Even the National Hurricane Center was saying that, days before landfall. Then Bush gets up there and says, "WE didn't know the levees had failed." WHAT, You are the GD President, and you didn't know????? He was the only person in the country who didn't know the levees had failed. HE LIED AGAIN. Brown testified that he had sent videos to the Whitehouse that showed New Orleans under water. This BOZO scares me to death. He is the worst EVER! Hilliary is right about that. This is the most incompetent administration in history. Nothing compares to their stupidity, from Iraq, to Louisanna, they can't do anything right. After they F up, they add insult to injury, and do even more damage doing damage control, lol.

Bush didn't even fire the worst offender, Chertoff. I watched the whole Brown investigation. They used him for a scape goat, that's why Bush won't turn over the e-mails.

Even the Reupblicans on the hill are critisizing Bush. But not this crowd on here. Ofcourse, half of them don't know what the hell is going on anyway. Pooltchr obviously didn't even know there was government subsidies on low income housing. It's been going on for generations, LOL. Bush and Condi could get caught in bed and they'd say "They were just protecting Americans" LOL.

Gayle in Md...."He who knows not, and know not that he knows not, is a fool."

pooltchr
02-15-2006, 12:48 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
Good post Dick<hr /></blockquote> And there is confirmation of what I posted. Dick said the Constitution is useless and Gayle agreed. Need anyone say anymore. What a disgrace.

These people are a detriment to our country with this type of thinking. They don't care what our country was founded on, they just want the money from the rich so they can give it away in handouts to all who ask. Disgraceful, but then again they are probably equally sad they were not brought up under a Facist regime.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

Ed,
I think we are finally seeing them for who they are. Anyone who calls the constitution a useless piece of paper, or agrees with them....well, I won't say it. Unbelievable!!!!!!
Steve

Gayle in MD
02-15-2006, 01:03 PM
I can't believe you have been reading Leonard's post for this long, and you still don't understand his humor, but then, there isn't much you do understand. Since he isn't around, I will explain what he meant, not that I think it will sink in.

Dick's is referring to the fact that because Bush and the conservatives in this country have bastardized the Constitution, it has no meaning anymore, due to their continued on-going destruction of its principles.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

eg8r
02-15-2006, 01:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It is incredible. Bush and friends can't do anything right. By the time voting time comes around, people will be chomping at the bit to get to the polls to vote these corrupt, incompetent republicans out of office. <hr /></blockquote> I am just hoping the Dems actually put up a fight this time. I hope you guys find someone that is actually electable so you have a chance. My guess is that the American voters will follow the rest of the world and vote Conservative again, only time will tell.

eg8r

Deeman3
02-15-2006, 03:45 PM
It is incredible. Bush and friends can't do anything right. By the time voting time comes around, people will be chomping at the bit to get to the polls to vote these corrupt, incompetent republicans out of office. <hr /></blockquote> I am just hoping the Dems actually put up a fight this time. I hope you guys find someone that is actually electable so you have a chance. My guess is that the American voters will follow the rest of the world and vote Conservative again, only time will tell.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Ed,

Why should they pick anything other than another loser this time? I swear, most of these people must be really working for the Republicans. Otherwsie they could come up with a better candidate than they ahve the last two elections. More of the same predictionsas in 2000 and 2004.</font color>

wolfdancer
02-15-2006, 04:30 PM
Dee, you might be right.....but who will be the Republican candidate for the CCCP? (Corrupt Conservative Christian Party)
Can't be Georgy boy again, unless he changes that "piece of paper" as he calls it. Your #2 man might shoot to the top of the list (sorry about the pun) but this guy has more "baggage" then any fromer VP running for the top spot.
I don't think Enron would hire him as a copy boy.....and that leaves.......well, we won't know who's left for the right, until all the indictments are in.

Deeman3
02-15-2006, 04:38 PM
John McCain!

SnakebyteXX
02-15-2006, 06:21 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr> John McCain! <hr /></blockquote>

Good choice. I truly wish that there were more pols in both partys with his forthright character and personal integrity. I consider him to be an exceptional individual and worthy of admiration regardless of his party affiliation.

American politics could use a few more straight shooters like John McCain.

Snake

DickLeonard
02-16-2006, 05:55 AM
Pooltchr I always hear that 10% of the people pay 90% of the taxes I just assumed that 90% of the people were living in poverty. I am sorry I forgot that Assuming is the Mother of all Fups.####

DickLeonard
02-16-2006, 06:01 AM
Eg8r you failed to answer the last Question why arn't you in Iraq if you love this Country so. That right let the other one Go.####
That has the makings of a Republican War Song

Gayle in MD
02-16-2006, 06:29 AM
And there is confirmation of what I posted. Dick said the Constitution is useless and Gayle agreed. Need anyone say anymore. What a disgrace.

eg8r
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ed,
I think we are finally seeing them for who they are. Anyone who calls the constitution a useless piece of paper, or agrees with them....well, I won't say it. Unbelievable!!!!!!
Steve

AH HA HA HA...Dick and I have been laughing about you two for 2 days, since it was actually George Bush who said those words, just goes to show how much you righties miss by only watching Fox....AH HA HA HA

Gayle in MD
02-16-2006, 10:31 AM
Oh yeah, vote for McCain, he's the guy that Bush and Company told us was mentally unbalanced, and a hot head, when they were up against him for the candidacy.

I have four friends who worked in the Senate Office Building for thirty years, and they all say the same thing about McCain, a screaming, hot headed S.O.B., the worst of any. Three more are Capitol Police, they don't even like him.

He did stand up against terror, and served our country, but it didn't do much good, since it was just lip service results, we're still torturing, and Gitmo is still open, a National Disgrace, only one among many created by God's chosen messenger in the White House, and his lying, thieving cohart Christians in the congress and Senate.

Gayle in Md.

eg8r
02-16-2006, 10:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Eg8r you failed to answer the last Question why arn't you in Iraq if you love this Country so. <hr /></blockquote> I did not even bother to read anything else you had to say. You stated the Constitution is nothing but a useless piece of paper, so I had no interest in anything else you had to say (this is still the case but I felt I did not need you biting my heels about not answering your question). Your question is moot, I am able to have an opinion without having served first. You offer your opinion on how the President acts yet what do you do every day? Surely nothing as important as running the country I presume.

eg8r

eg8r
02-16-2006, 11:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He did stand up against terror, and served our country, <hr /></blockquote> LOLOL, well then you are screwed. Who cares what your friends in the Senate Office say, your party will have nothing to fight with. I could just see sKerry trying to go up against McCain when talking about their military past. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

This actually would be bad news for me, I was hoping one of the libs would actually win an election and move into the White House. It is time to see what they would do.

eg8r

wolfdancer
02-16-2006, 11:10 AM
Dick, not sure why eg8r objects to your calling the Constitution a "piece of paper" when our despotic leader is quoted as saying:
I don’t give a goddamn,” Bush retorted. “I’m the President and the Commander-in-Chief. Do it my way.”

“Mr. President,” one aide in the meeting said. “There is a valid case that the provisions in this law undermine the Constitution.”

“Stop throwing the Constitution in my face,” Bush screamed back. “It’s just a goddamned piece of paper!”

eg8r
02-16-2006, 11:21 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolf:</font><hr> Dick, not sure why eg8r objects to your calling the Constitution a "piece of paper" <blockquote><font class="small">Quote ####:</font><hr> it is a piece of paper that doesn't mean anything. <hr /></blockquote> <hr /></blockquote> Hello Wolf, once again, I have to ask if you actually read anything here or if you pick out parts and let your mind roam. I do not object to him calling it a piece of paper, as that is not what he was saying. He said it is a piece of paper "that does not mean anything". The bold part is to what I take objection to. Hopefully that clears it up for you. Gayle said that is something W said, which further proves the point that I do not blindly follow W, as I object to anyone stating the Constitution is a useless piece of paper. Her and #### are laughing about this yet they don't see the stupidity in propogating such a dumb statement. I am afraid, there are probably more sheep out there that think like Gayle and #### and I would bet the are being indoctrinated in the same Government schools everyone wants to throw money at.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
02-16-2006, 11:40 AM
Actually, if your Republican Congress were't taking bribes to throw our money away on thier crook friends, and George Bush wasn't trying to get Sunnis to love Shiites, now that's a real realistic plan, AH HA HA HA, and re-built the dam levees, like the Governor and Mayor have been begging them to do for years, all of this could have been avoided, in the first place. These dopes are so dumb, they're plan is to re-build again for a category three, LMAO, this is better than an Our Gang Comedy!

If Republicans had brains, they'd be dangerous. If you had watched the hearings, which you obviously didn't, you'd know that the lion's share of fault lies right on the desk of George Bush. No one ever said that the Mayor or the Governor were free of any responsibility for what happened, it is, as in all appriasals of events, a matter of degree. Something Republicans don't understand, hence, the launching of the War in Iraq, which Democrats would have never supported, had they known what a Liar George Bush is, and had they actually been able to see all the information that he saw, which they never did, in spite of his profuse lies to the contrary.

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in Md.

eg8r
02-16-2006, 12:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
AH HA HA HA, and re-built the dam levees, like the Governor and Mayor have been begging them to do for years, all of this could have been avoided, in the first place. <hr /></blockquote> You have really lost it. You don't really don't know what you are talking about.

Anyways, if you can put your liberal books down take a few minutes to read this page, Louisiana Officials Could Lose the Katrina Blame Game (http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewNation.asp?Page=%5CNation%5Carchive%5C200509%5 CNAT20050907a.html) (this is just one of many examples of poor handling of the levee by local and state government). [ QUOTE ]
No new state money had been allocated to the area's hurricane protection projects as of October of 2002, leaving the available 65 percent federal matching funds for such construction untouched. <hr /></blockquote> The state did not even give their own money to the commission. The commission was completely corrupt and I am sorry, no matter how you plan on twisting the facts, this has nothing to do with W. Contrary to your fantasy land desires, W was not ruining the world back in the 1990s when a lot of these problems were beginning.

eg8r

Deeman3
02-16-2006, 02:05 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Oh yeah, vote for McCain, he's the guy that Bush and Company told us was mentally unbalanced, and a hot head, when they were up against him for the candidacy. <font color="blue">So, this, combined with your next paragraph means you and GWB are on the same page with this, same words. </font color>

I have four friends who worked in the Senate Office Building for thirty years, and they all say the same thing about McCain, a screaming, hot headed S.O.B., the worst of any. Three more are Capitol Police, they don't even like him. <font color="blue"> So, either your believe as you have stated, that Bush is a complete liar or this is not true. Are you both telling the truth? You seem to be getting mightly chummy with GWB now that he can't be elected again. </font color>

He did stand up against terror, and served our country, but it didn't do much good, since it was just lip service results, we're still torturing, <font color="blue"> Where did you get that? The New York Times? </font color> and Gitmo is still open, a National Disgrace, only one among many created by God's chosen messenger in the White House, and his lying, thieving cohart Christians in the congress and Senate. <font color="blue">Gee, Gayle you say some pretty personal things about Christians. Maybe you could convert to Islam. You'd be savagely abused by even close family members, forced into sex with whomever your family selected and shot or decapitated if you complained about it. How long would you be able to maintain your liberal status under that faith? Yet, you flame out against a president that has just stated he uses God's guidance, Like Jimbo Carter, in decision making. You seem to even somehow blame McCain for the torture that went on. Were you not lauding him for his standing up to Bush a few weeks ago? Maybe I've forgotten. Have you abandoned him for Gore? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif</font color>

Deeman

]

DickLeonard
02-16-2006, 03:15 PM
Pooltchr we've spent lost billions in Iraq that was supposed to rebuild the damage that we did. Wouldn't it be better to have spent it here to give our Hurricaned out Victums a fresh start. Being in a hotel months after Katrina would cause most people to go crazy and destroy the hotels.

We have Government by Photo Op. Show up give a concerned speech, Help is on its way. Land on an Aircraft Carrier the War is Over. We will give NY 14 Billion to Rebuild and then use 911 over and over. We are still waiting for the 14 Billion.####

wolfdancer
02-16-2006, 04:17 PM
Ed, I didn't read the whole thread....trying to remove myself from the name-calling, etc.......
BUT I think the implied meaning of Mr. Bush's (frustrated utterance, probably) is about the same....it ...the Constitution, has the value of a piece of paper.
I'd interpret Dick's remarks as similiar frustration over some of the "liberties" taken by the admin,like wiretapping, and the recent Supreme Court decision re: eminant domain.
Not saying I'm right....but we still have the right to dissenting opinions......that is, until they insert the chips......

pooltchr
02-16-2006, 05:33 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DickLeonard:</font><hr> Being in a hotel months after Katrina would cause most people to go crazy and destroy the hotels.

<hr /></blockquote>

Maybe if they got out of the hotel rooms, found jobs, and started rebuilding their lives rather than sit around living off tax dollars, they wouldn't have time to destroy someone else's property. There is NO EXCUSE for the vandalism that has taken place over the past few months.
PERIOD!!!!
Steve

pooltchr
02-16-2006, 05:38 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Oh yeah, vote for McCain, he's the guy that Bush and Company told us was mentally unbalanced, and a hot head, when they were up against him for the candidacy. <font color="red"> OK, we know from your posts that Bush isn't capable of telling the truth so this must be a lie! </font color>

I have four friends who worked in the Senate Office Building for thirty years, and they all say the same thing about McCain, <font color="red"> Your friends say the same thing as Bush, who we all know can do nothing but lie, so are your friends lying as well??? </font color> a screaming, hot headed S.O.B., the worst of any. Three more are Capitol Police, they don't even like him. <font color="red"> 7 of your friends that agree with Bush???????????? </font color>

Gayle in Md. <hr /></blockquote>

Gayle in MD
02-16-2006, 09:43 PM
Oh yeah, vote for McCain, he's the guy that Bush and Company told us was mentally unbalanced, and a hot head, when they were up against him for the candidacy. So, this, combined with your next paragraph means you and GWB are on the same page with this, same words.
No, I happen to like McCain, just pointing out how the Bush bunch can spin their evil slander machine, and how you admire Bush, but don't stand against any of his wrongdoing. I think McCain is a good person, basically, just not presidential material.

I have four friends who worked in the Senate Office Building for thirty years, and they all say the same thing about McCain, a screaming, hot headed S.O.B., the worst of any. Three more are Capitol Police, they don't even like him. So, either your believe as you have stated, that Bush is a complete liar or this is not true. I believe that Bush slanders people, but, again, he has others do his dirty work for him, that doesn't excuse him from the offense. The Republican way is to take an issue and twist it into unrecognizable extremes, kind of like your posts. Are you both telling the truth? You seem to be getting mightly chummy with GWB now that he can't be elected again.
HAL-LAY-LOO-YA on that one, and probably we won't have to worry about ANY Bushes ever getting in the White House again, after all the mess, lies, torture and destruction he hath wrought.

He did stand up against terror, and served our country, but it didn't do much good, since it was just lip service results, we're still torturing, Where did you get that? The New York Times? and Gitmo is still open, a National Disgrace, only one among many created by God's chosen messenger in the White House, and his lying, thieving cohart Christians in the congress and Senate. Gee, Gayle you say some pretty personal things about Christians. Maybe you could convert to Islam. You'd be savagely abused by even close family members, forced into sex with whomever your family selected Up to this point, you are describing the Mormon religion, going on right here in this country, but the God Fearing in Utah, look the other way. and shot or decapitated if you complained about it. You seem very attached to your fantasies of someone cutting my head off, this is the third or forth time you have put me in that scenario. Are you always so graphic in your tirades against women who dare to think other than you do? How long would you be able to maintain your liberal status under that faith? Yet, you flame out against a president that has just stated he uses God's guidance, Like Jimbo Carter, in decision making. No, just for claiming to be so religiously directed, and at the same time working to maintain the right to torture people, rather hypocritical, but then that's nothing new when it comes to the religious types. Jimmy Carter is not for torture, now is he for the destruction of our American Values, hence his beautiful new book, an accomplishment you'll never see from Bush, but of course, if he had a book, like everything else, he would have someone else do his dirty work. You seem to even somehow blame McCain for the torture that went on. As I have often questioned, what is the connection between the right, and selective reading. Most informed people know, this administration sends Condi Rice around the world telling people that the United States does not torture prisoners, yet we all know that isn't true, we just have others do our dirty work for us in other parts of the world. Bush has worked to cover up the torture, but it has been exposed, just the same. I don't blame McCain for our torturing of people, I blame Bush, he is the Commander and Chief and I find it a disgrace that McCain, or anyone, would have to put forth a resolution to prevent this country from torturing people. It is just one of many National Disgraces created by Bush policies. Were you not lauding him for his standing up to Bush a few weeks ago? Maybe I've forgotten. Have you abandoned him for Gore? McCain is a good Senator, not presidential material, but anyone would have been better than Bush.

Deeman

Gayle in MD
02-16-2006, 10:00 PM
Quote Gayle in MD:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh yeah, vote for McCain, he's the guy that Bush and Company told us was mentally unbalanced, and a hot head, when they were up against him for the candidacy. OK, we know from your posts that Bush isn't capable of telling the truth so this must be a lie!

I have four friends who worked in the Senate Office Building for thirty years, and they all say the same thing about McCain, Your friends say the same thing as Bush, who we all know can do nothing but lie, so are your friends lying as well??? a screaming, hot headed S.O.B., the worst of any. Three more are Capitol Police, they don't even like him. 7 of your friends that agree with Bush????????????

I have friends of both parties, and all religions, and faiths, and sexual orientations,. Your other questions are answered in my post back to Deeman, dreamer of beheadings.

DickLeonard
02-17-2006, 06:20 AM
Eg8r I wasn't refering to anything GWB said. The mute button keeps my mind from being infiltrated with his Garbage.

They are taking away my Barnes @ Noble book card. I was observed on camera picking up Books with and about GWB and then turning the book face down and putting back in the pile.

I always refer to All men are created Equal and it took us 200+ years to free the Blacks totally and then we have people who Bitch about them having preferential treatment getting into Colleges. Can you imagine the Bitch they Have.####

DickLeonard
02-17-2006, 06:25 AM
DEeman the Dems have learned a lesson from Karl Rove we will turn John's 6 years in prison to being Absent without Leave.####

eg8r
02-17-2006, 07:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Being in a hotel months after Katrina would cause most people to go crazy and destroy the hotels.
<hr /></blockquote> What a crock and it is detestable that you would defend their actions. The people are living for free and doing nothing to better themselves. They are buying liquor, beer, porn, prostitutes, going to strip clubs, destroying hotel rooms, etc. Any chance you think they had any time after all that to actually go find jobs and be productive in society? HELLO. You may disagree with the way everything has been handled and think it was a total screw up by all parties involved, but that still does not give these people free reign to act like animals.

Why not find a decent sized prison and put them there (not suggesting to run the place like a prison or even have gaurds roaming through the hall, just allow the people to use the facility). They can't destroy anything, they still get free food and shelter, and they will not be wasting tax-payer money on luxuries such as porn and booze. For the most part they are not looking for jobs, so why not give them just the bare necessities?

eg8r

eg8r
02-17-2006, 07:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
They are taking away my Barnes @ Noble book card. I was observed on camera picking up Books with and about GWB and then turning the book face down and putting back in the pile.
<hr /></blockquote> That would have been funny to see.

eg8r

eg8r
02-17-2006, 07:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd interpret Dick's remarks as similiar frustration over some of the "liberties" taken by the admin,like wiretapping, and the recent Supreme Court decision re: eminant domain.
<hr /></blockquote> I interpret Dicks remarks exactly as he posted them. As for the wiretapping, W has done nothing different than even Gayle's favorite President, Carter. Supreme Court decision on emminent domain was horrible and I really hope they overturn that decision some day.

eg8r