PDA

View Full Version : See the Flyer for 1st UPA Pro Event in August

07-01-2002, 04:04 PM
The flyer for The Coliseum Mall Peninsula 9-Ball Open is available at the upatour.com site

The flyer has ticket prices and photos of some of the top players in attendance

There are also samples of the promotional posters for the event on the page

Nostroke
07-01-2002, 04:17 PM
That site is pretty crowded and confusing. I'm sure there is a flyer somewhere but i gave up looking for it. Patience isn't my strong smoot.

PoolChick02
07-01-2002, 04:47 PM
The flyer link is within the story "UPA promotes Coliseum Mall Peninsula 9 Ball Open", a mini flyer is also next to the story. http://upatour.com/indexupa8x99.htm
To the UPA Board> Its a nice job on the flyer, if I may add. Lots of information, very inviting. Hope it is a success!

07-01-2002, 06:24 PM
http://upatour.com/flyer2989.htm
Really good job on the flyer! Looks like it' going to be a great event!

07-01-2002, 07:18 PM
I'd like to be positive here, but Charlie, you really do need someone with some sort of graphic arts background to do this stuff. Everything gets lost in the jumble, both on the site and in the flyer. Until I saw the compressed version on your website, I didn't even realize the Mall was being promoted at the top! I know Max has done some pretty neat artwork in the past, and I'd be happy to help you out if you wish. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

07-02-2002, 10:19 AM
Pretty darn good graphics on the website and the flyer. I actually found the flyer on the UPA site relatively easy.
To me, Charlie's flyer looks like a bed of roses compared to the other ratty looking flyers I've seen before by other promoters. The only criticism I have is that the flyer is smothered with TOO MUCH information. The balance appears to be lost because it looks like so much information had to be crammed in there.
Who ever is doing your flyers Charlie, is doing a great job
nonetheless.

Nostroke
07-02-2002, 10:48 AM
If your going to pat yourself on the back, at least use a different computer so that the IP address isn't the same.

Q-guy
07-02-2002, 12:40 PM
Am I wrong, or is this post by the same person that put up the original post about the tournament?

07-02-2002, 01:49 PM
I think the flyer looks pretty awesome! It's exciting to see all those big name spnsors outside of pool.
I hope they have a great event! I might go myself...
Is Mika and Cory really going to be there?
They're HOT!

jjinfla
07-02-2002, 03:59 PM
Sure, they post their flyers all over (for free) and then try and charge the fans for every little thing they have. Did you notice that the prices are per session? But they don't say how long a session is. Or who will be playing when. Or how many tables. The only people worth paying to see play are on the poster and I have seen all but Deuel and Davenport. And after being snubbed by the pros at Orlando it will be a cold day in hell before I will pay to go see a Charlie event. Sorry Charlie, we only take the very best. Jake

07-02-2002, 08:50 PM
Gee, I'm sorry I seem to have offended you, that was certainly not my intention. My point was exactly the same as your complaint, too much info jammed into too small a space with not enough organization. The problem with the flyer is that there is no delineation between the images, everything just kind of melds together. The pertinent info gets lost in the jumble. A good design not only points out the pertinent info immediately, it also gives the eye resting points. It may be better than the crap others have referred to, but when you finish a job, are you satisfied saying "Well, it's better than crap" ?
The website is the same way, although marginally better. There's no delineation between columns, so you end up reading two different topics together. Spacing is critical in graphic productions, as are color themes and resting points. There's just no sense in trying to run a professional organization and then going cheap on that org.'s representations to the public it's trying to reach. Can you imagine Pepsi running an ad for one of their concerts, and releasing a poster that doesn't immediately show you who's performing and where? There are lots of viable and attractive ways to include everything on that poster, and still have the image make sense.
Like I said, I'm not trying to be hurtful here. Some criticisms should not be taken personally, I'm only trying to be helpful. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

9 Ball Girl
07-03-2002, 08:21 AM
I agree Lorri.

The flyer is too "busy". It's hard to find the reason why there is a flyer (although we all know). Same thing with the Patriot Cup flyer. Maybe the logos for the different sponsors can be placed down at the bottom. I don't know. Just brainstorming here. I've been doing flyers for people now for about 8 years and less is definitely more. IMHO /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Wendy~~gladly willing to help /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif

heater451
07-03-2002, 09:13 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Lorri:</font><hr> . . .My point was exactly the same as your complaint, too much info jammed into too small a space with not enough organization. The problem with the flyer is that there is no delineation between the images, everything just kind of melds together. The pertinent info gets lost in the jumble. A good design not only points out the pertinent info immediately, it also gives the eye resting points. . . .The website is the same way, although marginally better. There's no delineation between columns, so you end up reading two different topics together. Spacing is critical in graphic productions, as are color themes and resting points. There's just no sense in trying to run a professional organization and then going cheap on that org.'s representations to the public it's trying to reach. . . .There are lots of viable and attractive ways to include everything on that poster, and still have the image make sense.<hr></blockquote>I was going to stay out of the critism arena, since I understand some design concepts, but I don't consider my "a designer".

However, the one thing I wish to say, is that there is inadequate use of negative space.