PDA

View Full Version : Al Gore is at it again...

eg8r
02-13-2006, 12:03 PM
I have to say, I sure am glad this guy lost the elections.

From the OpinionJournal... <blockquote><font class="small">Quote WSJ Opinion Journal quoting Glenn Reynolds:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Associated Press:</font><hr> Former Vice President Al Gore told a mainly Saudi audience on Sunday that the U.S. government committed "terrible abuses" against Arabs after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, and that most Americans did not support such treatment.

Gore said Arabs had been "indiscriminately rounded up" and held in "unforgivable" conditions. The former vice president said the Bush administration was playing into al-Qaida's hands by routinely blocking Saudi visa applications.

"The thoughtless way in which visas are now handled, that is a mistake," Gore said during the Jiddah Economic Forum. "The worst thing we can possibly do is to cut off the channels of friendship and mutual understanding between Saudi Arabia and the United States."
<hr /></blockquote>There is a comical element to this, as Glenn Reynolds notes: "Only Al Gore could come up with the idea of criticizing Bush for not sucking up to the Saudis enough. Sigh." ... The only consolation is that Gore likely would have done a lot more damage had he spent four years in the White House. And given the precedent set by Jimmy Carter, it isn't hard to imagine Gore as an embittered one-term ex-president giving the same speech in Jeddah. <hr /></blockquote> I am happy to see that voting citizens of the US certainly picked the better of the two. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Anyone know if Gore is flying to NYC to give a Global Warming speech? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r

Cueless Joey
02-13-2006, 01:37 PM
He might as well wear a turbin. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

pooltchr
02-13-2006, 05:49 PM
I think my Golden Retreiver has more sense than this guy. Can only imagine what shape we would have been in had he gotten a term as Pres. What a loser!!!!
Steve

FastJoey
02-13-2006, 06:12 PM
it is a terrible thing that he did...now he is no better than John Kerry........i can just imagine what our TROOPS are thinking when they heard Gore..i know how i felt in the early 70's when i was in Nam and seen Kerry on tv throwing away his medals and leading protests...but Gore went over the top today...u Patriots have a Great day....

Drop1
02-13-2006, 07:36 PM
Gore's comments only demonstrate, the voters had a choice between two morons. Both political parties have worked hard to destroy the Country. Bush with his unending accumulation of dept,and the Democrats with no new ideas,and their silence,in the face of the worst Administration in the history of America. Are you living better?

eg8r
02-14-2006, 08:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Gore's comments only demonstrate, the voters had a choice between two morons. <hr /></blockquote> We can all rejoice the voters took the better of the two morons. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Are you living better? <hr /></blockquote> Actually yes, since he has been in office life is better. Is it because of W's actions, nope, but since you asked, life is better (I now have a wonderful daughter and a new baby on the way). /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

heater451
02-14-2006, 09:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
There is a comical element to this, as Glenn Reynolds notes: "Only Al Gore could come up with the idea of criticizing Bush for not sucking up to the Saudis enough. Sigh." ... The only consolation is that Gore likely would have done a lot more damage had he spent four years in the White House. And given the precedent set by Jimmy Carter, it isn't hard to imagine Gore as an embittered one-term ex-president giving the same speech in Jeddah. <hr /></blockquote>Interesting. . . .

This Reynolds person is attacking Gore, yet using critism of Bush to do it ("sucking up to the Saudis"). The rest is opinionated conjecture.

And, as it is, I guess that it's alright to baby the Saudis that have a lot of money, but the "average", Saudi citizen who applies for a visa is denied? I guess. . . .Of course, I don't know who actually is applying for the visa(s), but given the quote that I'm critisizing, I don't need proof of anything, to express my opinion and make accusations. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

As for Gore, he's just a convienient target, for being in President, non-elect, whether he has a valid point or not.

================================

eg8r
02-15-2006, 05:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Interesting. . . .

This Reynolds person is attacking Gore, yet using critism of Bush to do it ("sucking up to the Saudis"). The rest is opinionated conjecture.
<hr /></blockquote> That is the point of the joke. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Everyone criticizes Bush of sucking up to the Saudis, which is why it was so funny to see Gore doing exactly that.

eg8r

DickLeonard
02-15-2006, 07:06 AM
EG8r You are gight we sure got a WINNER.####

Gayle in MD
02-16-2006, 10:30 PM
I seriously doubt we'd be fighting the wrong war, at the wrong time, in the wrong place with any other man in office than Bush. Probably wouldn't be known as a country that practices torture, and probably would still have a nice fat surplus, instead of a raging Trade, and National Debt. Probably would have gotten bin Laden by now, instead of trying to get the sunnis and the Shiites to play nice together, and definately wouldn't have nearly three thousand dead American troops, and over 17,000 wounded young people. Probably would have the Arabs about to take over our ports. Definately wouldn't have tripled the number of people who hate Americans. Gore would have made a much better president than the chimp, no doubt in my mind. You couldn't have a more destructive bunch in there than what we have now.

Gayle in Md.

pooltchr
02-17-2006, 05:05 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> I seriously doubt we'd be fighting the wrong war, at the wrong time, in the wrong place with any other man in office than Bush. Probably wouldn't be known as a country that practices torture, and probably would still have a nice fat surplus, instead of a raging Trade, and National Debt. Probably would have gotten bin Laden by now, instead of trying to get the sunnis and the Shiites to play nice together, and definately wouldn't have nearly three thousand dead American troops, and over 17,000 wounded young people. Probably would have the Arabs about to take over our ports. Definately wouldn't have tripled the number of people who hate Americans. Gore would have made a much better president than the chimp, no doubt in my mind. You couldn't have a more destructive bunch in there than what we have now.

Gayle in Md. <hr /></blockquote>

Using that logic, we probably would have been attacked again by terrorists as well. None of us has a crystal ball, Gayle...not even you.
Steve

Gayle in MD
02-17-2006, 05:54 AM
This administration has yet to break President Clinton's record for holding off a follow up terrorist attack in this country. We'll see. Clinton would never have been dumb enough to open up this Pandora's box.

As for my Crystal Ball, I don't need one, unlike republican voters, I have some common sense, and would never have considered another Bush, an Oil man insider with ties to the Saudi Arabians, a Man who used his daddy's influence to keep him from ever seeing a battlefield, an ex cocaine druggie, a man who had f'd up every business attempt, with ties to the right wing millionaire elitist control freaks. Someone who murdered the english language, and couldn't say N-U-C-L-E-A-R.

pooltchr
02-17-2006, 06:07 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> This administration has yet to break President Clinton's record for holding off a follow up terrorist attack in this country. We'll see. Clinton would never have been dumb enough to open up this Pandora's box.=
<hr /></blockquote>

Sorry, you are right again. US Citizens or military were never attacked by terrorists during Clinton's time in office. If we had been, I just KNOW he would have done something about it. (Don't count navy ships or any foreign embassy's)
The planning for the attacks on 9/11 certainly took longer than the 8 months when GW was in office. I guess Clinton wasn't too worried, since nothing was done to head off the attacks while he was in office. But then, that might have required some investigation, and maybe even some wiretapping, which might have ruffled some feathers of his supporters. Better to just do nothing and hope nothing bad happens on his watch. Leave it for his replacement to deal with.
Now we have someone who is willing to stand up to the terrorists, and they are hiding in caves.
Yeah, we should have voted for Gore! NOT!!!!!!
Steve

Gayle in MD
02-17-2006, 06:50 AM
More re-arranging of the facts. Clinton had put in place the most effective intelligence machine wh have ever had, but, unfortunately, as has been documented on film, and in many many books, the Bush administration refused to heed any of the warnings that came from any of the Terrorist experts, hence, the all out stone walling of Republicans in order to squash the investigations into 9/11. If you would do a little reading, you would know this.

"Now they are hiding in caves."

This is the most ill informed statement one can make. If you knew anything at all about bin Laden, you would know that he has to have dialysis in order to stay alive. I'd like to see them set that up in a cave. If Bush really wanted to capture him, which he doesn't, all he had to do was track dialysis machines, he's too busy spying on Americans, and figuring out ways to cheat us out of our social security money, and circling to wagons to cover up for all his lies and lawbreaking.

Again, Do you righties ever read any books????

Gayle in Md.

eg8r
02-17-2006, 07:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I seriously doubt we'd be fighting the wrong war, at the wrong time, in the wrong place with any other man in office than Bush. Probably wouldn't be known as a country that practices torture, and probably would still have a nice fat surplus, instead of a raging Trade, and National Debt. Probably would have gotten bin Laden by now, <hr /></blockquote> I can agree with all of this (though worded without your tiresome twist) except for the bin Laden statement. LOL, Gore would not have gone after bin Laden, just like he did nothing to go after bin Laden 8 year prior. History repeats itself and Gore has a history of doing nothing with respect to Gore. On that same note, say Gore did find his b**** and decided to go after bin Laden and then Saddam, this would not be any different than when his daddy Bill illegally went after Milosevic without UN approval. There really is no difference in these admins except that W gave back some tax money. Both admins went to war without UN approval, both spent money like crazy (Clinton paid debt with SS money), both tried to fix healthcare, etc. Turns out Bill was a rapist and cheated on his wife, and Cheney (per your best guess) is cheating on his wife and nearly killed a hunting buddy.

You are right though, we would not be in this war, nope Gore would have sat back and waited for the dust to settle, survey the public to make sure they felt better and let them know time heals all wounds, and he would go sign the Kyoto Treaty. I am happy the voters saw through his shallowness and willingness to destroy America (kyoto treaty) and voted for Bush. As for the torture, the only difference is that the Dems would not be whoring the pics all over the media if their own guy was in office. They continue to this day whoring the pics because of their hatred of Bush.

eg8r

eg8r
02-17-2006, 07:18 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> Sorry, you are right again. US Citizens or military were never attacked by terrorists during Clinton's time in office. If we had been, I just KNOW he would have done something about it. (Don't count navy ships or any foreign embassy's) <hr /></blockquote> In her defense, she did cover her butt by adding in... <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle:</font><hr> ...terrorist attack in this country. <hr /></blockquote> I had refrained from mentioning all the other terrorist attacks that happened during Clinton's Presidency in which he also did nothing about. However, just to mention, Clinton did go after Milosevic, who oh by the way never attacked us or posed a threat to attack us, and he did it without UN approval. The Dems have done the same things they accuse W of doing, they just hope everyone takes Gayle desperate advice and ignores the past.

eg8r

eg8r
02-17-2006, 07:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
More re-arranging of the facts. Clinton had put in place the most effective intelligence machine wh have ever had, but, <hr /></blockquote> So there you have it. While W is in office, US intelligence is horrible and a sham, however while Clinton is in office they are the most effective. Well, this might be a little bit of news to Gayle, but the intelligence team during Clinton's reign and that under W were largely the exact same people. Just another example of the biased blindness of a liberal mind.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
02-17-2006, 09:32 AM
Ed, I hope you don't assume that I intend to make it a habbit to respond to your nonsensicle, illogical, meandering arguments just beacause I cannot let this one go by, for this idiotic one, I am making an exception.

"It has become clear that official intelligence was not relied on in making even the most significant National Security decisions, that intelligence was misused, publicly to justify decisions already made, that damaging ill will developed between Bush policymakers and intelligence officers, and that the intelligence community's own work was politicized."

Paul Pillar, C.I.A. leading Counter Terrorist Analyst, responsible for coordinating 15 agencies within the National Intelligence operations.

Intelligence is of no value if it is ignored by the decision makers. Most of Clinton's experts were forced out by Bush, who had an overall policy of rejecting anything that came from anyone connected to Clinton. Hence, the successful attack of bin Laden on 9/11. There are over twenty books which have been written, which attest to this fact. Every day more and more public servants come forward to attest to the illegal activities of this administration, their misleading lies to Americans, and to the congress and the Senate, and the world at large. Republicans both in Congress and the Senate, have blocked every single investigation into the illegal activities of the Bush Administration. If you choose, in spite of overwhelming evidence to the contrary, to put your trust in the truthfulness of George Bush, and his professed legality of the actions of the Bush administration, go right ahead, but don't get on here and pretend that you have a clue about what is going on in this country, or that you and your opinions are unbiased, and those of others are not.

You prove in every post that you are not informed, offer nothing of value or credibility to the debate, and post only for the sole pleasure you derive in attacking the views of others.

Also, BTW, Scholarships, are often partially funded and supplemented by State and even Federal tax money, just another example of how often you (And a few others here) don't know what the hell you are talking about.

Gayle in Md.

Nothing wrong with using scholarships, just hypocritical to attack others who utilize free hand-out programs, and claim total personal financial autonomy, while planing to do the same exact thing yourself, to not take total responsibility for your own needs.

eg8r
02-17-2006, 10:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ed, I hope you don't assume <hr /></blockquote> To be honest Gayle, a reply from you is certainly not something I would spend my time "hoping" to receive.

eg8r

pooltchr
02-17-2006, 02:12 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
Ed, I hope you don't assume <hr /></blockquote> To be honest Gayle, a reply from you is certainly not something I would spend my time "hoping" to receive.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

Awww, come on, Ed. You know your day wouldn't be complete with one of those long, tired, rants from our favorite representative of the extreme liberal left!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Steve

Gayle in MD
02-17-2006, 04:09 PM
To be honest Gayle, a reply from you is certainly not something I would spend my time "hoping" to receive.

eg8r
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Awww, come on, Ed. You know your day wouldn't be complete with one of those long, tired, rants from our favorite representative of the extreme liberal left!!!
Steve

Yeah, right, that's why every single time I post anything on this board, I can count on seeing both your names right beneath it. Instead of complaining, as I have suggested many times, stop reading my posts.

Gayle in Md.

pooltchr
02-17-2006, 08:20 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> To be honest Gayle, a reply from you is certainly not something I would spend my time "hoping" to receive.

eg8r
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Awww, come on, Ed. You know your day wouldn't be complete with one of those long, tired, rants from our favorite representative of the extreme liberal left!!!
Steve

Yeah, right, that's why every single time I post anything on this board, I can count on seeing both your names right beneath it. Instead of complaining, as I have suggested many times, stop reading my posts.

Gayle in Md. <hr /></blockquote>

Reading your posts is like watching a train wreck. It's usually a mess, but you still gotta look! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Steve

Drop1
02-17-2006, 10:47 PM
Well that is great news. A new baby on the way. I hope that new baby grows up and makes a lot of money,because that baby is going to be in debt,by $27,611 dollars and thirty four cents,before getting out of the womb. Now you and I know the system is broken,and its not going to get fixed unless Republicans,and Democrats stop polarizing the country,with this stupid talk of right wing,and left wing,and voting like sheep. We have to be a little brighter,because the idea that we have the power to move mountains is past. I'm not a Democrat,and I'm not a Republican,I'M AN AMERICAN. You give that little baby every chance,to be AN AMERICAN TOO.

eg8r
02-20-2006, 06:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote> Understand this, I don't read your posts because I can't wait to hear another diatribe, I read your posts and then reply only when I see you have stretched the truth or fabricated your own version. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r

eg8r
02-20-2006, 06:21 AM
As I have said before, my children will make up their own minds on what they believe. I can only raise them the way I feel is right and show them what is right, beyond that it is up to them. My house is not a very political house since my wife just does not care one way or another what the government does. When voting time comes around, she just asks me who to pick. I find that alarming, but believe me, I have tried to get her to pay attention to politics and she just does not care. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Needless to say, we don't talk politics ever. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The only thing I am sure of about my children (besides the fact that they will be loved and taken care of) is that while they might not learn much about politics around the house (unless they ask me) they certainly will not be indoctrinated in a public school.

eg8r

Drop1
02-20-2006, 12:29 PM
You must be a very rich fellow,with such lofty ambitions for your family. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gifThe going rate for a private school in California,is twenty five thousand a year. I don't know what it is in your area. Of the top twelve universities in the world,ten are in the U.S. We once had a fine public school system,and led the world,and in some areas we still do.

eg8r
02-20-2006, 12:51 PM
Definitely not considered rich, but willing to do without some extras and niceties to make sure my children get a good quality education. I don't believe public school is doing a good job.

eg8r

DickLeonard
02-20-2006, 01:28 PM
Eg8r my granddaughter goes to a public school and her American History teacher was filling the class with GWB nonsense. I gave her a copy of Al Franken's Lies and the Liars tha tell them.

The next day after searching NexuLexus she would bring the rebuttal to his propaganda. Now he doesn't say a word because he knows the next day a 16 year old will make him look silly. I might have to get her to let me borrow her research.####

pooltchr
02-20-2006, 06:10 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DickLeonard:</font><hr>

The next day after searching NexuLexus she would bring the rebuttal to his propaganda. <hr /></blockquote>

Not knowing her, I am by no means passing judgement...but if she needs to research the internet to develop a rebuttle, perhaps she is not so much forming her own opinions as she is finding someone who disagrees and using their opinions. Research is a great thing, but so is forming ones own opinions rather that echoing someone else's.
Steve

Drop1
02-20-2006, 06:30 PM
If we continue to cut the fat out of education,we should end up with a great public school system. Those kids don't need to know History,Civics,Art,Music,Home Economics,or Music Appreciation, or gym and the really good news is sixty five percent of Math and Science teachers are up for retirement within five years,so we don't need them either.I think we could cut teachers pay,and increase class size to fifty students per class,and still get the same results we are getting today. Private schools-the wave of the future. At least we wouldn't be spending the Government's hard earned missle money,on another non essential need. Yes Sir, /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gifWe can spend our own already taxed money,on Private schools. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Qtec
02-20-2006, 08:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Former Vice President Al Gore told a mainly Saudi audience on Sunday that the U.S. government committed "terrible abuses" against Arabs after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, and that most Americans did not support such treatment. <font color="blue"> After seeing the recent torture pics, I tend to agree. </font color>

Gore said Arabs had been "indiscriminately rounded up" <font color="blue">This is true. Only 5% of Gitmo detainees were 'captrured'by US forces. </font color> and held in "unforgivable" conditions. The former vice president said the Bush administration was playing into al-Qaida's hands by routinely blocking Saudi visa applications.
<hr /></blockquote>

The US army agrees that 90% of the prisoners in Gitmo are probably innocent.

Q

Drop1
02-20-2006, 08:30 PM
Torturing prisoners has been done through out all wars,on all sides. Gore's mistake,is talking about it,as though it was an American thing. [Not a good career move] In the Politcaly correct world of today,right,or wrong is not important. It's the appearance that counts.

Gayle in MD
02-21-2006, 12:40 AM
Man, this statement takes the cake. I don't think that Dick said that his Grand Daughter echoed anyone else's opinions.

Scientists use research to form their opinions. Researching a subject does not mean that your own opinion does not develop from your research, quite the contrary, the more one researches a subject, the more information one accumulates from which to form an opinion, the more likely that ones opinion can be supported, by research.

Gayle in Md.

wolfdancer
02-21-2006, 02:33 AM
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????????????????
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????/
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???//////
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????/

eg8r
02-21-2006, 05:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Private schools-the wave of the future. At least we wouldn't be spending the Government's hard earned missle money,on another non essential need. Yes Sir, We can spend our own already taxed money,on Private schools. <hr /></blockquote> I am more interested in the quality of education (without limiting things like gym and music) than I am in deciding where the tax dollars were spent. The Government has already proven it does not know how to run an acceptable school system.

eg8r

pooltchr
02-21-2006, 06:15 AM
OK, Gayle,
Next time you post one of your lengthy left wing posts, I will wait until I find out what Rush says before I respond.
Steve

Drop1
02-21-2006, 12:19 PM
It has been said,"the best way to judge a society,is by how it treats it's elderly". IMHO,a better way is how well the potential of it's children are met. The bad news is Private does not mean better. You get what you settle for,don't settle till you get what you want. Why should you pay twice to have your children attend school. Now it could be your kids are not receiving the values from the school,you think they should receive. If thats the case,thats not the Public School's function. I'am reassued to know you don't care how your tax dollars are spent. I will read your post again,for the beauty of the syntax. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r
02-21-2006, 01:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The bad news is Private does not mean better. <hr /></blockquote> 9 times out of 10 it does. Also, to say I will send my child to private school is not saying, I will stop at the first private school closest to my house.
[ QUOTE ]
I'am reassued to know you don't care how your tax dollars are spent. I will read your post again,for the beauty of the syntax. <hr /></blockquote> If it reassures you to twist what I say, then have at it.

eg8r

DickLeonard
02-21-2006, 02:34 PM
Pooltchr One Question how come Republican Drug Users don't go to Jail?

DickLeonard
02-21-2006, 02:40 PM
Eg8r I think it remains to be verified if Al really did lose the election. I have never seen anything that resembled the voting results.If you have the offical results please post where we can check the results. Never mind I'll have my grand daughter the Internet Snoop get right on it.####

DickLeonard
02-21-2006, 02:47 PM
Pooltchr, She has formed her own opinions, she was a youth in government delegate to the 2004 Democrat National Convention. For the life of me I don't know where she got the Democratic Blood running thru her veins.####

pooltchr
02-21-2006, 07:31 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DickLeonard:</font><hr> Pooltchr One Question how come Republican Drug Users don't go to Jail? <hr /></blockquote>

I don't know. Maybe they are smarter then Democrat Drug Users???? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Steve

Drop1
02-21-2006, 08:21 PM
I'm not trying to twist what you say. I'm trying to make a point,that if you want better Public schools,be involved,visit the school,talk to the teachers. These could be things you are already doing,and if in your mind,I'm trying to twist your words,then I can only say,you are mistaken.

eg8r
02-22-2006, 06:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I have never seen anything that resembled the voting results. <hr /></blockquote> I don't think you want to see it. Just because you can't see it, does not mean it did not happen, it just means you refuse to accept reality.

eg8r