PDA

View Full Version : So What Do You Name Your Shot?

9 Ball Girl
07-02-2002, 12:28 AM
Every now and then, I leave myself hard shots 'cause the cue ball either slowed down or went too fast. Anyway, I usually have a name or two for these wacky shots that I leave myself with.

One of my worst shots are when the cue ball is on the rail and the object ball is at the far end of the table. I call this the "Send A Postcard Shot" 'cause everything is so far away. What do you call your shots?

Wendy~~Not that damn good at times /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif

07-02-2002, 01:18 AM
What do I call my shots when I've failed to give myself correct position? That'd take all day!!! I call it COMMON! I'll call it, "Ah, I'm glad to see I haven't lost my wonderful sense of position" shot. You'd think I'd have better luck in straight pool? Not so. With 13 open shots, I can still manage to hook myself!! If there were a thing called opposite pool, I'd be a champion! Actually, knowing my luck, I'd probably get position then!!!

Jude!

Chris Cass
07-02-2002, 01:25 AM
Hi Wendy,

Regardless, if I leave myself tough or my opponent does. I always call these shots "My Favorite Shot". It makes me believe it doesn't matter. Of course, I lived most of my life shooting off the rail, anything else is gravy. LOL

Regards,

C.C.

Rod
07-02-2002, 02:51 AM
I don't really have a name, I just call them a pain in the, you know, or not my favorite shot. If I left myself in that position, I just say nice stroke rod! Either way we just have to deal with the leave or our blunder.

cheesemouse
07-02-2002, 06:07 AM
9 Ball Girl,
I call these where's the cheese shots...LOL

Tom_In_Cincy
07-02-2002, 06:51 AM
Sometimes when a difficult shot comes up.. I turn to my opponent and say "This is one of my pratice shots" if I make it.. cool.. if I miss it.. I say "that's why I practice that shot.. I miss it a lot"

heater451
07-02-2002, 07:07 AM
I don't really name particular shots, but if I hit too hard, and run past my intended position area, I say that I "overcooked it".

SPetty
07-02-2002, 08:19 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Jude Rosenstock:</font><hr> If there were a thing called opposite pool, I'd be a champion!<hr></blockquote>Hi Jude,

The only time I've ever won in Bingo, it was like Opposite Bingo. Everyone stands, then they start calling bingo numbers. If a number is called that is on your card, you sit. I was the last one left standing because they didn't call a single number on my card!

Won $100 - more than I've ever won playing pool. (Need to keep it pool related!)

Wally_in_Cincy
07-02-2002, 09:16 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Jude Rosenstock:</font><hr> If there were a thing called opposite pool, I'd be a champion!
<hr></blockquote>

Call it "Bizarro Pool". You have to scratch on every shot. Actually I think there is a game like that IIRC.

Kato
07-02-2002, 09:20 AM
Wendy, when I hit a shot too short I usually say something really witty like, "great shot Alice, you musta hit that with your purse". When I overcook I "Musta eaten my Wheaties today". Since I've only hit 3 good shots in my life I don't have a name for those.

Kato

Lester
07-02-2002, 09:28 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> Every now and then, I leave myself hard shots 'cause the cue ball either slowed down or went too fast. Anyway, I usually have a name or two for these wacky shots that I leave myself with.

One of my worst shots are when the cue ball is on the rail and the object ball is at the far end of the table. I call this the "Send A Postcard Shot" 'cause everything is so far away. What do you call your shots?

Wendy~~Not that damn good at times /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif <hr></blockquote>&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;Wendy, I was playing this guy, and he left himself really long and a hard angle on the object ball. He looked at me and said "This is great, I've got this exact shot on a video at home." He missed the shot, and said "Of course, I haven't watched it yet." He broke all the sweators up, and he just stood there, looking at the table and scratching his head. None of us could stop laughing. ***Lester***

Wally_in_Cincy
07-02-2002, 09:28 AM
I have a Peggy Lee shot. After I miss it my opponent says "Is that all there is?"

Last night I got my clock cleaned in a league match. My opponent had a Linda Ronstadt match......"Blew by you"

Sorry I know they're oldies but I couldn't resist.

9 Ball Girl
07-02-2002, 09:34 AM
One of my other shots is when I leave the cue ball kissing the object ball. I call that one the "Wall Eye Vision" shot. Then I have the ones where I leave myself a shot where I have to masse and I know I have a 1 in a zillion chance. I call that one "The Don't Try This At Home" shot. Usually makes my opponent crack a smile.

Of course I have names for others as well, but I think we might have some under the age of 21 folk in this room. /ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif

Wendy~~Trying to Keep It Clean

07-02-2002, 10:07 AM
That's a great game Wally. I don't know the "official rules" or anything but hears how i do it.

Rack the balls like in 8 ball but exchange the cue ball with the headball of the rack, then break with the headball.

To score you can choose ANY ball on the table in order to play a carom scratch off the cue ball. But you must play off the cue ball. I also can score by useing the cueball to make a combination. First person to score 8 points wins. Or you can just use it as a practise drill to practice caroms and combinations. One of the more funner (as my daughter says) ways to work on these shots. St

PQQLK9
07-02-2002, 12:04 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: Jude Rosenstock:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; If there were a thing called opposite pool, I'd be a champion!
&lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;

Call it "Bizarro Pool". You have to scratch on every shot. Actually I think there is a game like that IIRC. <hr></blockquote>
I played it once with a fella..he said it was called "zoot"

07-02-2002, 12:16 PM
Yeah, we call it Scratch Pool here. I suck at it.

Jude!

07-02-2002, 09:03 PM
I knew a guy once who almost never failed to get below the nine ball when shooting it. He could have that 9 four inches off the bottom rail, and he'd still manage to land the cue ball under it! When this happens to me I call it "perfect Craig Fisher position" ! /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif

07-08-2002, 01:08 PM
Since pool is, in all honestly, played by more men than women (at least, traditionally) it will be hard to find a lot of players who name their shots since many men (excluding yours truly) stick to naming things other than their shots (use your imagination) :-).

07-08-2002, 02:44 PM
when gods with you how can you miss,lmao if i miss,my line would be, i knew i should have went to church last sun.

PoolChick02
07-08-2002, 03:41 PM
Well, if someone happens to make a slop shot, we call it a "Scott shot". It is named after this guy who always gets lucky enough to make shots that he hits bad. Everyone is so used to using that phrase, that even the guy himself calls out&gt;"Scott shot", when he slops in a ball.