PDA

View Full Version : Great Guide Book for Sharks

Cue_Ambition
02-15-2006, 06:00 AM
There's ah book -no, there's a holy grail for shooters called 'Byrne's Advanced Technique In Pool and Billiards' written by Robert Byrne & published in 1990. This book will set you straight on your a$$ if you love pool like I do. No stories; all 'know-how' Check it out.

Kind of odd...that book sort of led me to this site - the author mentions here and there all the writing he used to do for Billiards Digest back in the day. So naturally when I did a search through Google for "ESPN/Billiards" and this site was numero uno on the return list...the rest is history.

Peace. -Aaron /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Billy_Bob
02-15-2006, 07:52 AM
There are also hundreds of out of print books on billiards.

Find them here by searching for keyword billiards...
http://used.addall.com

cushioncrawler
02-15-2006, 07:55 AM
I was like u once -- i bought my first billiards book -- English Billiards, not pool. Then i spent hours and hours going from pre-loved bookshop to pre-loved bookshop -- and i found little gems for $2. Then i rang every bookshop in the state -- and shortly they started ringing me back with lots and lots of old books. Then one of my work-mates said that he had an old billiards book -- it turned out to be the rarest billiards book in the world -- cost me $10. Then, when i had about $30,000 worth of old books, i decided to write my own book -- the best billiards book in the history of the world (711 pages and 859 illustrations) -- with all due respect to Shamos and Byrne and Stein??. And now i have 2 other books under way. So, the second millenium ended with a scandal involving that phony Shakspere-on-Avon (througheth no faulteth of hithe owneth) -- and the third millenium started with a scandal involving that plagiarising phony Albert Einstein (throo his own fault), the way is now clear for new talent -- u.