PDA

View Full Version : Pool Halls in Milwaukee

NeZ
02-15-2006, 08:31 AM
I'm going to be up in Milwaukee over the weekend and would like to play some pool.

Are there any pool halls that are worth checking out up there?

Brad
02-15-2006, 10:52 AM
Romine's High Pockets - South side - probably the nicest and largest. 50 tables, mexican restaurant, great bar, big screen tvs etc.

Wisconsin Billiards is just west of Downtown. It's been 20 years since I've been there though.

dmgwalsh
02-16-2006, 05:17 AM
Note from a friend in Milwaukee:
Romine's South on 27th street
just north of College ave. The other is Lenny's Wisconsin Billiards on
27th and Wisconsin downtown milwaukee. I prefer Lennys, classic bare bones
pool hall mostly black. (Ok, I'm the only white guy that plays there all
the time!) The other is upscale and expensive. (Lots of tables,food,etc..)
Hope that helps, S

tjlmbklr
02-16-2006, 12:20 PM
I am from Milwaukee and I highly recommend Romines. I also recommend "NO TO LENNYS" that is in a rough hood. And just outside of Milwaukee in Waukesha is "Sharky's" on Highway "T" just south out I-94. There is also a newer one in Menomenee Falls area that I yet to go to. Or theres always my house on the table I have in my new Rec. room that I never seem to use.....LOL

NeZ
02-16-2006, 01:19 PM
Thanks! Looks like we might end up at Romines.

I also came across a place called Breaking Point located at 6415 W. Greenfield Ave.

Any experience with that place?

tjlmbklr
02-16-2006, 02:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I also came across a place called Breaking Point located at 6415 W. Greenfield Ave.<hr /></blockquote>

Don't go there, they closed and demolished that place about 2.5 years ago. Ironically it was 4 blks from my current house. They tore it down right before I closed on my house.

NeZ
02-16-2006, 03:45 PM
Thanks for the heads-up. That'll save a trip.

DriverMW
02-20-2006, 05:52 PM
20 years ago I was in Milwaukee. I went to a pool hall that had a bar, food, and tables downstairs. There was also a room upstairs with tables that was more private. I remember a long ally going down the side of the building that was in the city. Can anybody tell me the name? Also Appletown Wisc. has a pool hall in town and i can't remember the name of that.

Scott Lee
02-22-2006, 12:08 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DriverMW:</font><hr> Also Appletown Wisc. has a pool hall in town and i can't remember the name of that. <hr /></blockquote>

It's called The Shark Club, and is right downtown, in the basement of a building, across the street from the Radisson Hotel. Nice room, with good equipment.

Scott Lee

tjlmbklr
02-22-2006, 01:01 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DriverMW:</font><hr> 20 years ago I was in Milwaukee. I went to a pool hall that had a bar, food, and tables downstairs. There was also a room upstairs with tables that was more private. I remember a long ally going down the side of the building that was in the city. Can anybody tell me the name? Also Appletown Wisc. has a pool hall in town and i can't remember the name of that. <hr /></blockquote>

If anyone knows of this hall please let me know. *not the Appletown one*