PDA

View Full Version : Pillar's Book ACCOUNTS OF BUSH'S LIES

Gayle in MD
02-15-2006, 09:39 AM
Another extremely revealing account of the failure of the Bush administration to heed accurate, reliable expert warnings, or to tell the truth to the American People. In spite of the fact that this book is another commentary to the truth regarding the the lies Bush told us, and to the fact that the administration failed to take into consideration how the occupation they insisted upon, pointless as it was in response to 9/11, should be handled, since Republicans have managed to prevent any thorough investigations into those lies, failures, incompetence, even at the risk of making us safer, appropriate impeachment proceedings will continue to be squelched.

"It has become clear that official intelligence was not relied on in making even the most significant National Security decision, that intelligence was misused publicly to justify decisions already made, that damaging ill will developed between Bush policymakers and intelligence officers, and that the intelligence community's own work was politisized."

"Pre-War intelligence asserted Saddams weapons capacity, but the broad view within the U.S. and overseas was that Saddam was being kept in a box by United Nations sanctions, and that the best way to deal with him was through an aggressive inspections program to supplement sanctions already in place.

If the entire body of offficial intelligence annalysis on Iraq, had a policy implication, it was to avoid war, or if war was to be launched, to prepare for a messy aftermath.

Intelligence assessments, before the invasion, indicated a post war Iraq would not provide fertile ground for democracy, and would need a Marshall Plan type effort to restore its economy, despite its oil revenue, and a fight for power between Shiites and Sunni."

Mr. Pillar was the C.I.A.'s leading Counterterrorism Analyst, responsible for coordinating 15 Agencies within the Intelligence Community.

This book, ofcourse, is one in a long list of books which show how untruthful the administration was, how incredible their lies were, and how unprepared our forces were for the aftermath of the invasion, due to their incompetent decisions, costing the lives of many who could had been saved, had the administration heeded the warnings of experts in the intelligence arena, and especially regarding the numbers needed for a successful occupation, with the least number of fatalities. It is a very interesting read, for anyone interested in the truth.

Gayle in Md.

moblsv
02-16-2006, 08:51 AM
Thanks for the info.

There are so many detailed insider accounts of the incompetence and lies of this administration it's impossible to keep up on them all. I'm trying to take a break from the political discussions for a while, since things have long since gone past any definition of sane on the crap I am hearing from the right, and reading more physics and history at the moment but this sounds like it belongs on my reading list.

Gayle in MD
02-16-2006, 10:17 AM
Hi,
It's really an excellent book, well written, and by a man of the utmost integrity. Also, if you haven't read Richard Clark's (Former U.S./C.I.A. Terrorist Zar) book, it is very enlightening. Both books give a truthful, solid accounting of the beginning of our National Bush Nightmare, and the intentional lies we were fed.

I might add, since many people in our country are unaware of this, that Bush has added to his budget another opportunity to push through his Plan to destroy Social Security, with his idiotic, BS, Private Accounts, and unless we anti-Bush...anti-Republican people get out and vote these crooks out of office, Republicans, will get another chance to push it through if they are re-elected. It is very important to spread this information among your friends, of both parties, since many people don't seem to keep up with his dirty tricks, there are so many to keep up with in this administration.

Let me know how you like the book.

Gayle in Md.

moblsv
02-16-2006, 11:07 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Hi,
Also, if you haven't read Richard Clark's (Former U.S./C.I.A. Terrorist Zar) book, it is very enlightening. <hr /></blockquote>

Yes, I've read "Against all Enemies" and have Scorpions Gate on my bookshelf, waiting in line to be read.

A few other relevent political books to review:

Mary Mapes book about the 60 Minutes incident is a good read and does a good job of indirectly exposing the right wing blog-o-sphere's influence through large scale reporting without merit.

The Truth (with jokes) is OK. Franken gets it but I didn't think the book was all that great.

We already discussed The World is Flat. Good book.

The George Lakoff books are must reads. Don't think of an elephant is a short but useful book. Great choice for a nights reading.

Noam Chomsky is always a must read. I have a hard time following him sometimes with his jumping about through history and stringing together quotes but the amount of historical foreign policy info contained in his books makes them invaluable. I recently read Hegemony or Survival and can certainly see why he is so hated by the right. I guess sometimes the truth hurts.

Right now I'm reading Team of Rivals (among other things). What a long book, so far so good... :-)

Keep up the educational reading and the excellent posts. The more educated a person becomes the harder it is for them to pass off their absurdities to them as truth.

Gayle in MD
02-16-2006, 11:17 AM
Wow, Kudos, I love a voter who reads! I haven't gotten to Scorpion's Gate, yet, everytime I try to buy it, they are sold out, but that makes me happy. I might also suggest "State Of War, A Secret History of the C.I.A. And The Bush Administration" by James Risen....You might want to keep some Camomile Tea by your nightstand just to calm your nerves when you read it!

Thanks friend, have a good day.

Gayle in Md.