PDA

View Full Version : Ah, forget about it already!!!

07-02-2002, 01:30 AM
You know, if there's one thing I've seen that's most common among participants of this site is that we're always looking for inherant reasons as to why one person is better over another. Are lesbians better (omfg)? Arre lefties better? Are short people better? (I can go on!)

The fact is, there's really little you can do about your make-up. If you're a righty with right-eye dominance, white, straight, male, and about 5'8" and 160lbs., I hate to break it to you but there's a 5'2" lesbian woman who's lefty, 300 lbs and hispanic who can kick your butt and there's nothing Darwin can do about it!

Do you really think about these things when you're at the table? Do you really wonder if this person was just born better? I've never heard of a more defeatist attitude in my life! Honestly, what I hate to hear more then anything else is when people talk about my "talent". For heavan's sake, I've been playing this game for years. It's about time the damn balls started dropping!! Most of the people who have taken notice in me, didn't even know me when I first picked up a cue so how could they tell what was inherent and what was taught?

There are a lot of things that factor into a competitive poolplayer's make-up. Intelligence, desire, decipline and access to knowledge are probably the greatest factors I can think of, off the top of my head. A well-balanced diet doesn't hurt and staying in shape will only make things easier. And hey, even if doesn't, at least you're in shape!

So before you have to take another beating from your genetic opposite who's backed by Chucky Darwin, perhaps you might want to consider having an ounce of belief in yourself and hitting the practice table from time to time to work out those chinks in the armor. You're much better off thinking about the things YOU CAN control rather then wasting your time over things you can't.

Jude M. Rosenstock

Rich R.
07-02-2002, 04:12 AM
Great post Jude. Rich R.

cheesemouse
07-02-2002, 05:23 AM
Jude,
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>You're much better off thinking about the things YOU CAN control rather then wasting your time over things you can't.<hr></blockquote>
Of course, your correct in your in your accessement of us all but if we followed your advice to the letter none of us would be here posting on this board and having all this fun. If we all just worry about what we can control we'd all be grubbing for roots and berrys the whole day. Just a thought. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Ralph S.
07-02-2002, 07:12 AM
I agree with several but not all of your points of view. One in particular that I disagree with is the Darwin thing that you mention. If Darwin's theory was accurate the missing link would've been found and proven years ago, but then again, everyone is entitled to their beliefs and opinions. That is what makes America so great.
Ralph S.

Kato
07-02-2002, 08:07 AM
Ah, but is she ambidextrious?

Kato~~~If you think you are beaten, you are; if you think you dare not, you don't; if you'd like to win but think you can't, it's almost a cinch you won't.

07-02-2002, 09:45 AM
Way to be Jude! I f you want to get into facts, here they are:
We are the only animals on earth who can and do make conscious choices about what we want to do with our lives. If we choose to shoot pool, we can all attain that 'higher level'. Some of us will be able to do this with a 'normal' amount of effort, some will have to go to extraordinary measures, but if we do what's necessary, we will all get there.
On the other hand, Cheese has a point, without these BS topics to endlessly beat to death, what would we do with our time? LOL

Cueless Joey
07-02-2002, 09:53 AM
I hate to say it but I conducted a scientific study last year. I found out that people with straight stroke, great concentration and great composure win more often. lol

07-02-2002, 10:57 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Lorri:</font><hr> Cheese has a point, without these BS topics to endlessly beat to death, what would we do with our time? LOL <hr></blockquote>

Play pool?

Jude!

07-02-2002, 12:56 PM
I'm 5'8", 160lbs, right-eye dominant, and I'll play *ANY* 300lb lesbian you can find! I may not have many claims to fame, but I can honestly say that I believe there is no 300lb lesbian who can kick my butt! :-)

07-02-2002, 03:40 PM
Great! You're gonna call me on it???? So now I gotta go out and find myself a 300 lb. lesiban that can shoot some stick, eh? Okay, I might need some time here. Either some women I know need to change sexual preferences or some women need to put on some weight but I'll get you a game!

Jude!

07-02-2002, 05:26 PM
Alright, sounds good! :-) When you find her, get her to me "lickety split" (pun intended)! :-D