PDA

View Full Version : Makes you wonder

wolfdancer
02-16-2006, 08:04 PM
now that global Warming has ben exposed here, as a fraud...wonder what the cause is for this alarming occurrence?

web page (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11385475/)

Large numbers of icebergs are calved each year from the fast-flowing terminus of the Kangerdlussuaq Glacier in East Greenland. Iceberg production is a major form of mass loss from ice sheets. The bergs add fresh water to surrounding seas when they melt.http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/060214/060214_greenland_vlg_10a.widec.jpg

eg8r
02-17-2006, 07:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
now that global Warming has ben exposed here, as a fraud...wonder what the cause is for this alarming occurrence?
<hr /></blockquote> Just another example of wolf not paying attention. Keep up the good work, you are making someone proud. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

eg8r

Gayle in MD
02-17-2006, 08:05 AM
Hey Jack,
Did you happen to see the man from NASA interviewed on the news this week. Now we learn that the Bush administration has intimidated other Scientists in the environmental field. EPA, was one, have you read anything about this?

Gayle in Md.

wolfdancer
02-17-2006, 10:50 AM
you don't recognise a little gibe?
Instead of being proud, my Mom might have wondered why I was
wasting my time dealing with narrow minded people that while proclaiming to be Christians, seemingly have few Christian values.
People,who have lost their concern for others less fortunate, who see assisting the poor, the elderly, the ill, as a waste of taxpayer's money, but are willing to write GWB a blank check, with no accountability for whatever God instructs him to do. And all this for the tax cut that Bush gave them.
They do recognise the value of the poor, to keep on breeding cannon fodder for their wars.
It's been mentioned here that the cold weather in the East....negates the global warming theory. Steve said he's not buying into it.
There might have been a slight admission of climatic changes, throughout the ages......and that this change is just a natural occurrance, the sages here proclaim.
Anyway, you believe what your God tells you, and I'll believe in mine.
The difference is that I don't follow you around the board here, stalking you, to try to twist everything that you write.....and mock you.
Your style does remind me of some kind of big brother/Nazi...news control.
There can only be one party line....yours, and failure to believe in ALL of it, any question, or deviation, must be dealt with.......
I'm sure the founding fathers would have been proud of you.
By the way, you are the worst offender here, for reading into someone's posts, something entirely different from what was meant.
You're the only person here that both needs and demands others to reread your posts, so that they can get the "hidden" meaning.
Is it some kind of compulsive/obsessive disorder?...or did the admin appoint you as board Czar?
Now see, reading your trash talking post has ruined another day for me......I woke up liking people.....but now if I see a car on the road with a right wing bumper sticker, I'll run him off the road, to work my anger out
Y'all have a good weekend.....if the weather's not nice...you can relax and read your copy of "Mein Kemp"

Gayle in MD
02-17-2006, 03:55 PM
Bravo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
They both just professed in another thread, no interest in reading my posts, but every single time I post my thoughts, you can bet you'll see both their names right under them. It's a riot. Then they blame me, because they don't like what I write. Talk about not taking responsibility for what you do!

Don't you think it's interesting that both the Republicans, AND the regligious right, resemble the Nazi's?

Ed has a secret desire to be a law enforcment officer, LOl. but so far , he's just the post police. I'm sure, if they both lost everything in a hurricane, like the poor people along the gulf, they'd be the only ones in their towns to turn down any and all government checks!

Gayle in Md. What could be worse, barring death or sickness, the loss of loved ones, than loosing everything you own, EVERYTHING!

Deeman3
02-17-2006, 04:16 PM
Wolfdancer,

One thing I think both of us will agree on is that if the government including GWB and the democrats as well would stop wasting money on garbage programs we could feed every hungry person. No rational feeling person wants to see people who have no options go hungry. I believe that if giving the power, most of us could straighten out the budget and feed the poor. There are hundreds of programs that waste tons of money and I admit, GWB has only made this worse. I don't think any politician on the immediate scene has the gonads to do what is required as they are all slaves to one lobby or another. We have, indeed, lost control of our government but it started decades ago. Now we just try to decide the lesser of the evils and, I'm telling you, there not an onion skin of difference between them. If any of us really think a person of true virtue and ideas can ever get elected in this country, we are candidates for the nut house.

Deeman

wolfdancer
02-17-2006, 04:47 PM
Dee, I agree with everything that you wrote.Welfare/aid programs have been abused badly.....people used to claim welfare from both Michigan and Ohio some years ago. Others just didn't get married, lived together and she would get single parents assistance.....and the list goes on
That is a failure of the programs administration....and who knows ...political patronage appointments, over more qualified personnel.
Not sure how we got from global warming to welfare....but from what I've read.....it's not the air temp....it's the temp of the seas, and the real beiginnings can be seen at the poles. I could be wrong,there are differing opinions even among the scientific community.....but no one on this board is qualified to prove that.
I guess if eg8r writes something here, we are supposed to accept it as gospel. Since he's such a big fan/big supporter of GWB.......maybe he'll be rewarded, for his unwavering loyalty...and invited on a hunting trip with Dead eye Dick Cheney.................

pooltchr
02-17-2006, 08:44 PM
Dee,
You are correct. Here's the way I see it. Government is in a strange sort of way, like business. It is in the business of taking tax dollars and spending them. Each politician tries to get as much of the available money to spend on his particular projects. The more projects they have, the better chance they have of getting more money. Cut out all the pork projects, let the federal government handle the only things the constitution details, and there aren't enough projects to spend all the tax money coming in.
Cutting out the pork means a politician has to go on the campaing trail without anything to take to the voters back home to show how well they are doing their job. It means fewer people working in government, smaller staffs, less work to justify their big paychecks, and less power. Power is measured in Washington by how much money you control. The chairman of the finance committee is one of the most powerful jobs in Washington.
Now since no one wants to give up any power, they aren't going to cut government spending. So they keep raising taxes to get more money (power). How many congresspeople have campaigned saying we need to cut government spending, only to get to Washington and forget all about it?
It's been going on for years, and getting worse every year. Unless we do something about it, 20 years from now, people are going to look at their administration (whichever party it happens to be) and be wishing that spending could be as low as it was back in 2006. Cutting Federal spending is the only way we are going to fix it, but too many people only want to cut where it doesn't hurt them personally. We the people need to be willing to take cuts in our own back yard.
If a business needs to get control of finances, they go after the biggest drain first...Payroll! Government is never going to become fiscally responsible until they are able to cut federal programs, and the massive number of people it takes to run them. And that will require someone who can get in office and do the right things, rather than the things they think will help them get re-elected. I'm afraid I don't see it happening anytime soon.
Steve

Gayle in MD
02-18-2006, 03:18 AM
BTW Jim Hanson, of NASA, will be interviewed on Lou Dobbs, CNN, next Tuesday night.

Gayle in Md.