PDA

View Full Version : Post deleted by ccboard_admin

07-02-2002, 07:48 AM

Lester
07-02-2002, 08:07 AM
Geese was last known in these parts as living in Florida somewhere.
<hr></blockquote>&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;Whitewolf, Geese is a true "character", I've seen him play a couple times, and did notice the "strange bridge" he used. It is said he would walk into a strange pool hall and yell "Okay, who in here thinks they can shoot pool?" This would always generate action. A friend told me once him and Geese were out "generating action", and he got a game of nine ball with this kid. Geese was holding his own until someone told him the kid was Greg Riggie, then he couldn't make a ball. But I didn't see this personally. I heard he went to Florida too. ***Lester***

Q-guy
07-02-2002, 08:31 AM
A good road player, I played him a few times. That story of him being ranked third in the world may not be very accurate. If I remember right, he finished third in the Johnston City tournament one year. I would not call finishing high in one double elimination tournament with about 16 players as a world ranking. Tim Scruggs can tell you stories about him. I remember him as being a real character.

07-02-2002, 01:01 PM
Yes, Geese is in Florida. . hopefully alive and well. . it's odd without him. . as well as Riggie =( Geese is an amazing player, full of TRUE CHARACTER and a nice guy to boot. =)

ted harris
07-02-2002, 11:19 PM
Greg went to Florida with Squirrel(Richard Bassett), several years ago after getting busted by a guy in Ocean City. Richard Bassett is without a doubt, one of the most enternaining pool personalities in a long time.
About 6-10 months ago, I heard Riggy had passed on.

Lester
07-03-2002, 07:17 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: ted harris:</font><hr> Greg went to Florida with Squirrel(Richard Bassett), several years ago after getting busted by a guy in Ocean City. Richard Bassett is without a doubt, one of the most enternaining pool personalities in a long time.
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;Ha Ha Ha, Squirrel truly is a character, he sure "earned" his nickname. BTW Ted, the guy in Ocean City - was that "Three Fingered Ronnie"? ***Lester***

Lester
07-03-2002, 07:20 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Lester:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: ted harris:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; Greg went to Florida with Squirrel(Richard Bassett), several years ago after getting busted by a guy in Ocean City. Richard Bassett is without a doubt, one of the most enternaining pool personalities in a long time.
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;Ha Ha Ha, Squirrel truly is a character, he sure "earned" his nickname. BTW Ted, the guy in Ocean City - was that "Three Fingered Ronnie"? ***Lester***&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;also, if you knew Squirrel, you probably knew his "partner in crime" - - - Lionel, another character. ***Lester***
<hr></blockquote>

ted harris
07-03-2002, 08:35 PM
No, it was not Ronnie Cypher. It was only about 12 or 13 years ago, and Ronnie had long since been in Florida. It was me. Beat him out of his money and his cue. Then had to feed him for a few days until he disappeared with Squirrel.

ted harris
07-03-2002, 08:37 PM
"Geese " is Mike Gerace.