PDA

View Full Version : My Rec. room start to finish...!

tjlmbklr
02-17-2006, 10:28 AM
My Rec. room start to finish...! (http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=26491)

I still can't figure out how some people have had there picture right on the post without a URL so this will have to do for now...Sorry BD for linking to AZ

Rich R.
02-17-2006, 11:38 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote tjlmbklr:</font><hr> My Rec. room start to finish...! (http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=26491)

I still can't figure out how some people have had there picture right on the post without a URL so this will have to do for now...Sorry BD for linking to AZ <hr /></blockquote>
I tried to post one of your pictures directly, but it did not work for me either.
It may have something to do with the fact that they are housed on the AZB site. They may not be allowing access to the images, from other web sites. I don't know how that stuff works. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Teadaemon
02-17-2006, 11:57 AM
The rec room and table look pretty cool, what size table is it (you may have said and I didn't notice, if so sorry)?

I'm in a similar situation to you - we have a duplex that's been knocked together into a house, due to the slightly unusual layout there isn't a room big enough for a decent-sized table (I could fit a six foot table in the living room, but only if I didn't have a wife and family to express an opinion on the desirability of that plan).

We're thinking of going up into our loft and as we're planning on doing that good and proper (the roof's almost due for replacement, so it'll happen when we rip that off), we should end up with a room plenty big enough for a nine foot table.

Anyway, a few more questions:

What's your floor made from, is it sturdy enough to keep the table level, and if you were doing it again would you do it differently?

How did you get the table up there (if you got people in to do it, how did they manage it)?

tjlmbklr
02-17-2006, 02:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The rec room and table look pretty cool, what size table is it (you may have said and I didn't notice, if so sorry)?
<hr /></blockquote>

Answer: 8 foot not a pro 8' Olhausen doesn't make them, and that would have been too big for this room; tight as it is.

[ QUOTE ]
What's your floor made from, is it sturdy enough to keep the table level, and if you were doing it again would you do it differently?
<hr /></blockquote>

Answer:The house is 106 years old and I did my research. It wasn't the table wieght I was conserned about, it was the stacking of the Drywall. We solved this by not putting it in one pile. Anyway 2"x 8" floor joists, with load baring wall down center, plenty enough. As far as keeping level it is explained in this post:
Table leveling quetion (http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=ccb&amp;Number=218413&amp;page=1&amp;v iew=collapsed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=&amp;fpart=1)
[ QUOTE ]
How did you get the table up there (if you got people in to do it, how did they manage it)?
<hr /></blockquote>

Answer: most quality tables are 3-piece slate 2 guys can do it.And the frame even though was delivered together, can be dismantled.

jtlabs
02-19-2006, 10:31 AM
The reason why the image does not pop up the way you want to is due to the type of format AZ uses to attacth image files to post. Trying to make it sound as simple as possible, the computer the AZ server resides on uses a PHP script to retrieve its pictures or files and display images once clicked on. What this means is the file(image) transfer process at AZ is file-&gt;php script-&gt;end user as opposed to the default process on a typical Webb page which is just file-&gt;end user. When adding a image on the billiard digest forum, it is designed only to display images from the latter(thx heater /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif). Hope that made sense.:)

Regards,
Jay

heater451
02-19-2006, 12:13 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote jtlabs:</font><hr> The reason why the image does not pop up the way you want to is due to the type of format AZ uses to attacth image files to post. Trying to make it sound as simple as possible, the computer the AZ server resides on uses a PHP script to retrieve its pictures or files and display images once clicked on. What this means is the file(image) transfer process at AZ is file-&gt;php script-&gt;end user as opposed to the default process on a typical Webb page which is just file-&gt;end user. When adding a image on the billiard digest forum, it is designed only to display images from the ladder . Hope that made sense.:)

Regards,
Jay <hr /></blockquote>"ladder" = "latter"

I'm only playing spelling police, because I didn't grasp the meaning right away, and thought some others might not get it--not that I think **most** others won't on their own, I just thought it pretty confusing.

I agree with you thought--it's definitely the PHP linking that denies pulling the pictured to here. . . .

=========================

jtlabs
02-19-2006, 01:30 PM
Heater, thanks for the correction. I originally had latter but edited to change to ladder for some strange reason /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif . My mind works weird some times.

Regards,
Jay

wolfdancer
02-19-2006, 02:20 PM
Nice job transforming the attic space into a pool room. My lights aren't as fancy as yours, but a similiar design.
I bought the screw in daylight flourescent bulbs....great lighting that's easy on your eyes....and they will equal your lights, while only using 16w each...with a 10,000 hour life
about $8 each, and worth it, for the better illumination.

tjlmbklr
02-19-2006, 05:09 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> Nice job transforming the attic space into a pool room. My lights aren't as fancy as yours, but a similiar design.
I bought the screw in daylight flourescent bulbs....great lighting that's easy on your eyes....and they will equal your lights, while only using 16w each...with a 10,000 hour life
about $8 each, and worth it, for the better illumination. <hr /></blockquote>

I have some of those bulbs, maybe I'll give them a try. Only problem is, is some of the lights are on dimmer switches and will not work with those bulbs.