PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know anything about this product?

tjlmbklr
02-18-2006, 08:00 PM
Just want to know if anyone thinks this is a good investment. With me it's a motvation thing to get better, and these look like something I'd use.

Practice drills (http://www.proskilldrills.com/index2.htm)

Drop1
02-18-2006, 09:13 PM
Why would you by a product that guarantees you will lose thirty percent of the time? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Beat 7 out of every 10,means you lose 30%of your games. Hell I can do that without buying anything.

pooltchr
02-19-2006, 06:29 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote tjlmbklr:</font><hr> Just want to know if anyone thinks this is a good investment. With me it's a motvation thing to get better, and these look like something I'd use.

Practice drills (http://www.proskilldrills.com/index2.htm) <hr /></blockquote>

If it is something you will use, it is a good thing. Practice will help you improve, as long as your are practicing the right way. Drills are a good way to fine tune your game and build your confidence. As long as your fundamentals are solid, I would think these drills are going to help you improve.
Steve

cf8ball
02-19-2006, 07:24 AM
The best instructional material you will find on the subject of pool/billiards are the books and videos by Robert Byrne: Robert Byrne's Books (http://www.byrne.org/pool/books.html) or, Robert Byrne's Videos (http://www.byrne.org/pool/video/) The one you might like the most is his "Power Pool Workout" which is ALL training and drills.

ceebee
02-19-2006, 08:55 AM
First I will say that I am a believer in practice (who didn't know that?) Structured practice is the basis for learning new skills &amp; fine tuning your stroke.

Second, we do have several "top level" players around my local area &amp; you never see them practicing, but they have reached their peaks. For one reason or another, they have no desire to reach a higher level.

Having been a Professional Golfer &amp; Musician, I realize that practice is an imperative. When I plan for a Tournament, I practice very methodically. It has paid off dozens &amp; dozens of times.

About the DRILLS you are concerned with, spending $25 for something you can learn from is NOT a waste of money. If you digest the information in this book of drills, you will no doubt rise to a higher level of play. I make this assumption from viewing the website &amp; the materials contained within. One other point... $25 won't buy you lunch 3 times. Learning something will stay with you for a lifeteime, if you really learn it.

tjlmbklr
02-19-2006, 09:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
"Power Pool Workout" which is ALL training and drills.
<hr /></blockquote>

I actually have the whole set.

wolfdancer
02-19-2006, 10:36 AM
I have the DVD...it's worth the $$

Billy_Bob
02-19-2006, 11:54 AM
I'll say that that I have bought many books, videos, etc., and I have learned something from each one. The *best* seem to be on a specific area of the game. Like breaking, safeties, drills, etc. These concentrate on one specific area and will go into details.

The books on "everything" try to cover everything and don't go into much detail.

So I would say if you have the money, buy as many books, etc., which cover specific areas, as you can. If you learn one thing, it is worth it.

tjlmbklr
02-19-2006, 01:56 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> I have the DVD...it's worth the $$ <hr /></blockquote>

Does it come w/ DVD and drill book?

wolfdancer
02-19-2006, 02:14 PM
Comes with the book...which is spiral wound, designed to lay flat.
Nice big diagram on the top page...directions on the bottom.
I've had this for awhile...haven't done one of the drills yet
too lazy...don't buy it if you procrastinate like I do.

tjlmbklr
02-20-2006, 05:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> Comes with the book...which is spiral wound, designed to lay flat.
Nice big diagram on the top page...directions on the bottom.
I've had this for awhile...haven't done one of the drills yet
too lazy...don't buy it if you procrastinate like I do. <hr /></blockquote>

I'll take it off your hands, name your price.

cf8ball
02-20-2006, 11:18 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote tjlmbklr:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
<hr /></blockquote>
I actually have the whole set. <hr /></blockquote>

Could I borrow them?

Cueless Joey
02-20-2006, 02:54 PM
Looks great.
I'm gonna order the book.

tjlmbklr
02-20-2006, 04:29 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cf8ball:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote tjlmbklr:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
<hr /></blockquote>
I actually have the whole set. <hr /></blockquote>

Could I borrow them? <hr /></blockquote>

Sure if you lived near me, but you live in FL....LOL