PDA

View Full Version : Tonight

Drop1
02-19-2006, 08:53 PM
Made my first timing shot. The one where the object ball is frozen to the rail,at the first diamond next to the center pocket,and the cue ball is frozen next to the object ball on the side away from the center pocket. The cue ball must move the object ball in front of the side pocket,while the cue ball crosses the table and returns to knock the object ball into the side pocket. I know this is an old shot,but I'm delighted to be able to do it.

supergreenman
02-19-2006, 11:20 PM
it's a funky shot, I learned it as soon as I saw pool hall junkies.

James

ryushen21
02-20-2006, 01:19 AM
That is a good shot. There is another shot in PHJ that i like better though. The 2 rail shot that starts with the 9 and CB frozen together. It's relatively easy and looks really nice.

dr_dave
02-20-2006, 02:10 PM
FYI to you and others that might not know the shot, I have a demo of it (NV A.13) and other "movie shots" posted in the video demo section of my website (http://www.engr.colostate.edu/~dga/pool/normal_videos/index.html). I also have instructional articles (Aug-Oct '04 (http://www.engr.colostate.edu/~dga/pool/bd_articles/index.html)) with illustrations and descriptions of the shots.

Regards,
Dave
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> Made my first timing shot. The one where the object ball is frozen to the rail,at the first diamond next to the center pocket,and the cue ball is frozen next to the object ball on the side away from the center pocket. The cue ball must move the object ball in front of the side pocket,while the cue ball crosses the table and returns to knock the object ball into the side pocket. I know this is an old shot,but I'm delighted to be able to do it. <hr /></blockquote>

Drop1
02-20-2006, 07:20 PM
You have been a great source of information for me. I think I have watched your power draw video sixty times. Your site is on my Favorites list,where I can quickly get to a question. I'm sorry you lost the table in the storm. One question:do you consider yourself a good competitive player?_No disrespect intended.

dr_dave
02-21-2006, 10:44 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> You have been a great source of information for me. I think I have watched your power draw video sixty times. Your site is on my Favorites list,where I can quickly get to a question.<hr /></blockquote>
I'm glad you find my stuff useful.
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr>I'm sorry you lost the table in the storm.<hr /></blockquote>
Actually, it was my uncle's table, but thank you for the condolences.
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr>One question:do you consider yourself a good competitive player?_No disrespect intended.<hr /></blockquote> No disrespect taken. And to answer your question, no; I don't consider myself a competitive player. I don't practice enough. I usually play only about once a week, with friends. We play 8-ball. I break and run only about 1 in 10 games. One thing I take pride in is creative safety play. I love 8-ball, with all of the offensive and defensive strategy involved.

Regards,
Dave