PDA

View Full Version : about turn

Qtec
02-21-2006, 10:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bush Admits to 'Mixed Signals' Regarding Laboratory on Renewable Energy
By ELISABETH BUMILLER
GOLDEN, Colo., Feb. 21 President Bush acknowledged on Tuesday that his administration had sent "mixed signals" to the Department of Energy's primary renewable energy laboratory here, where government budget cuts forced the layoff of 32 employees who were then hastily reinstated just before Mr. Bush's visit.

"I recognize that there has been some interesting, let me say, mixed signals when it comes to funding," Mr. Bush said at the start of a panel discussion at the National Renewable Energy Laboratory, which researches solar and wind power as well as energy from plants, like ethanol.

Mr. Bush added: "The issue of course is whether or not good intentions are met with actual dollars spent. Part of the issue we face, unfortunately, is that there are sometimes decisions made as a result of the appropriations process, where money may not end up where it is supposed to have gone."

The president was referring to an embarrassing sidelight of his State of the Union address on Jan. 31, when he called for new research into alternative energy to help wean the nation from its century-old oil habit. But the next day the laboratory announced that a $28 million budget cut was forcing it to lay off researchers in ethanol and wind technology, two of the areas that Mr. Bush cited in his address as full of promise.

This past weekend, with Mr. Bush's visit to the laboratory looming, the Energy Department announced that it had transferred $5 million back into the laboratory's budget and that the 32 employees would be reinstated.

"My message to those who work here is, we want you to know how important your work is," Mr. Bush said. "We appreciate what you're doing. And we expect you to keep doing it. And we want to help you keep doing it."

Managers at the laboratory began calling the employees back on Monday, a holiday, and phone calls were continuing on Tuesday. None of the employees were back at work in time for the president's visit, said a laboratory spokesman, George Douglas.

"Human Resources had to figure out how to do this," Mr. Douglas said in an interview as Mr. Bush shook the hands of employees. "There was some paperwork. We've never done this before let people go and then hire them back in two weeks." <font color="blue">LMAO /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif </font color>

<hr /></blockquote>

Way to go GW.

Q /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

wolfdancer
02-22-2006, 12:04 AM
Q, nothing anyone could say would add to the duplicity of this latest Bush .....I don't even know what to call it???
imagine cutting the funds from a program, then giving a speech after endorsing it.....Just another case of mendacity by GWB
Tell the American public one thing....but do something else.

pooltchr
02-22-2006, 05:55 AM
I don't think the White House can cut funds for any program...I believe it is Congress that is in charge of all appropriations bills. But I guess it doesn't matter...because we all know that everything that goes wrong in the world is the fault of GW.
Last night, some idiot driver wasn't paying attention and ran into the back of my wife's car in traffic. I think it's GW's fault for not funding better roads for North Carolina!
Steve

wolfdancer
02-22-2006, 06:25 AM
Steve, It's a Republican led Congress, and I think the cuts would be in line with the President's overall program....this cut, especially looks bad,as it goes against what he has been saying recently.......and the sudden rehires??????
A Democrat as Secretary of Transportation, would have had them roads fixed for you...Let's get this bum out of office
http://www.whitehouse.gov/government/images/mineta-100.jpg

pooltchr
02-22-2006, 08:15 AM
We have a democrat governer...maybe I should blame him for the accident! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Steve

Gayle in MD
02-23-2006, 02:34 AM
I don't suppose you would want to address our raging deficit, open borders, unchecked shipping containers, surge in illegal aliens, kaotic Iraq civil war, gouging by oil concerns, gouging by the pharmeteutical industry, failed educational system called no child left behind, dangerously high trade deficits, pork barrel spending, port operation owned by an Arab Government with known links to alQaeda, an uncaptured, free, bin Laden, no Emergency Prepardness, illegal Wire taps, a budget that cuts health care and education, lies to the Senate and congress, war profiteering, a president who doesn't bother to turn on the television when our country is in the middle of its worst National Disaster, unprotected Nuclear Power Plants, growing international hatred of Americans, Just who do you think is responsible for these things, Hilliary Clinton?

Gayle in Md.

Drop1
02-23-2006, 01:58 PM
Well,who else is President? We never had this kind of crap until the Moron got into office. Face it the man has done nothing. One stupid mistake after the next,that is the Bush Legacy. Don't blame anyone. Blame Bush,thats where the Buck Stops. Not every thing that goes wrong in the World is the fault of Bush,but tell me what has gone right in America.

wolfdancer
02-23-2006, 02:21 PM
Seems like every new topic that we comment on here,
re: GWB...somebody has to bring up Clinton to compare it with, as if that somehow justifies it. "Clinton was wanking Monica, so GWB can screw congress"
So forgetting for a moment, all that's wrong....does anybody have a comment on one good thing that he has accomplished?
And here's a site for comparision....I'm not sure about all it's claims....(this takes you to page 2)
web page (http://www.bushlies.net/pages/2/index.htm)

Gayle in MD
02-23-2006, 02:33 PM
Congress has been nothing more than a rubber stamp for every stupid idea we get from this idiot, that's why we are in the mess we're in right now.

National Security my a$$, I go a good look at how important it is to him to protect the American People when I watched them standing on rooftops, hungry, children dying from dehydration, old people dying from dehydration, people floating around like refugees, in tubs, and wyhere the yhell was Bush? AWL as usual. He admitted he didn't even know the levees broke. He had over a week notice that N.O. would probably be flooded, and the levees would break. and where was he????out findraising, didn't even bother to turn the damn TV on, then when he did show up, he rides around in a truck frowning all day. Big help! New Orleans is still devastated, and all he can talk about is re-building a mosque in Iraq, for the Iraqis, what a total joke!

He makes me ill.

Gayle in Md. Fed up with the Chimp!

wolfdancer
02-23-2006, 02:47 PM
Gayle, while we have pretty much said everything there is to say about Katrina....isn't it amazing that we can take satellite phots in close detail,all over the world....but no one could get a photo of the breeched levy....no planes flew over, to relay the problem? Nobody dropped a dime, and called the White House? (probably afraid someone was listening in)
I hope Steve isn't really serious that this is a just a "Dem" thing, and that no one beside the Republicans care about security.
It might fit into his his that big business should have free reins, without Gov't control of any sort.....but this ain't WalMart, appropriating your land under the new eminent domain rules, and moving into your residential neighborhood

Drop1
02-23-2006, 05:44 PM
Wolfdancer,how does my post mention Clinton? The main thrust of my post,is a question,a simple one;what has GWB done that is positive for America.

eg8r
02-24-2006, 04:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Seems like every new topic that we comment on here,
re: GWB...somebody has to bring up Clinton to compare it with, as if that somehow justifies it. <hr /></blockquote> Nope it does not justify a thing. The reason for it is to prove how quiet you were when your man was doing the same thing. I hope that is clear and you don't try to twist it.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
02-24-2006, 06:47 PM
Hi Jack,
Well, the reason why Bush has fought so hard to keep White House documents from the Senate investigations into Katrina is because he had films of New Orleans, they were sent to him by Brown, as Brown testified, and Brown had the proof. He also had copies of the e-mails he had sent to Bush, and his aids. The Bush administration used Brown as a scape goat, when, IMO, after hearing the all but the parts behind closed doors, which is another way that the republicans protect Bush, my feeling is that while nobody operated without making mistakes in judgement, the worst offenders were Chertoff and Bush, they were totally AWL, didn't give a good #### what was happeneing in New Orleans.

If some of these republicans looked into what the medical results in sickness, and polution have become due to Government backing off from pressing environmental issues by Government, against big business, they might have a different point of view, especially those with small children, but what the F., screw the next generation, right, that's the Bush policy, isn't it, just bury them in debt, and polution, and illness, F em, nice folks these republicans, HUH?????

BTW, latest polls show a turn toward the Democrats on National Security, ... Looks like BOZO just cut his own throat with this Arab/ports/ deal.
Gayle in Md.

Gayle in Md.

Drop1
02-24-2006, 07:50 PM
Just for clarification,what [thing] are you talking about?

Drop1
02-24-2006, 08:01 PM
Wolfdancer: I could care less about Clinton,and Monica. The problem is Bush,and the voiceless Democrats. The Republicans are deaf,and the Democrats are dumb,when it comes to Bush. Yours has always been a voice of civility.

Drop1
02-24-2006, 08:23 PM
I like Bonzo over Bozo. I don't think he has cut his own throat. Look at all the f&amp;&amp;k ups and tell me where are the voices tearing the ah*le apart for what he has done. America tell China,we are going to get tough Ha Ha Ha We tell Iran they will be brought up before the U.N.,and the response is we are told that doing so,might not be in our intrest. Bonzo has no idea of the power shift taking place in the world. Iraq,will fall,and we will pull out. The Pacific rim countries,would like to develope a currency like the Euro,for that part of the world. When that happens,the sucking sound around the world will be the dollar falling. And someone else will be trying to clean up after Bonzo