PDA

View Full Version : WPBA in Carolina

pooltchr
02-23-2006, 06:05 PM
I'm not down there yet...hope to make it for the weekend. Just got an update from my on the scene reporter that both of the "Team Fury" ladies scored first round wins...Kelly Fisher 9-1 over Susan Williams, and Val Finnie 9-5 over Ewa.
Two of my other favorites, Kim Shaw and Tiffany also scored first round wins.
Will try to keep up with what's going on as best I can.
Steve

pooltchr
02-25-2006, 08:13 PM
Since the WPBA is not keeping it's web site updated very well, thought I would share.
Saturday night 10PM matches are underway...

Kelly Fisher 4-2 Jeanette Lee
Karen Corr 5-1 Val Finnie
Kim Shaw 5-4 Monica Webb
Allison Fisher 5-0 Tiffany Nelson

Steve

PoolSharkAllen
02-26-2006, 06:51 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> Since the WPBA is not keeping it's web site updated very well, thought I would share.
Steve <hr /></blockquote>

Check out this link to see the latest tournament chart updates:
http://www.wpba.com/cms/?pid=1005856

pooltchr
02-26-2006, 07:31 AM
Pretty sloppy! They haven't even put in all the names from the 5:30 matches yesterday, and the one-loss side isn't completed. They are actually down to just 4 players.
They are in the pool business...you would think they could fill out a tournament chart!
Steve

curt
02-26-2006, 09:14 AM
I agree 100%.The lack of respect for the fans is incredible. They really need to take a lesson from the IPT

Scott Lee
02-26-2006, 01:57 PM
So Steve, give us the skinny...who is still in?

Scott

pooltchr
02-26-2006, 02:05 PM
Kelly Fisher beat Allison in a double hill match in the first semi. Monica was playing Karen in the other semi, but no updates on that one yet. Kelly gets the winner in the final!
Steve

Scott Lee
02-26-2006, 02:12 PM
Thanks Steve...GO Team Fury!

Scott

HarryDC
02-26-2006, 06:59 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> Kelly Fisher beat Allison in a double hill match in the first semi. Monica was playing Karen in the other semi, but no updates on that one yet. Kelly gets the winner in the final!

Hello,

Karen Mary Diane Corr "The Irish Invader" defeated Kelly "Kwik Fire" Fisher 7 to 5 to take the Carolina Classic
and $13,000.00. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Did you really think because it wasn't Allison and Karen it wouldn't be Karen and someone else? /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Guinness to ya! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

HarryDC
02-26-2006, 07:36 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote HarryDC:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> Kelly Fisher beat Allison in a double hill match in the first semi. Monica was playing Karen in the other semi, but no updates on that one yet. Kelly gets the winner in the final!

Hello,

Karen Mary Diane Corr "The Irish Invader" defeated Kelly "Kwik Fire" Fisher 7 to 5 to take the Carolina Classic
and $13,000.00. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Did you really think because it wasn't Allison and Karen it wouldn't be Karen and someone else? /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Guinness to ya! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Hello All,

Kelly Fisher's scores:

Kelly Fisher 9 - 1 Susan Williams
Kelly Fisher 9 - 6 Gail Grecar
Kelly Fisher 9 - 6 Jennifer Chen
Kelly Fisher 9 - 4 Jennifer Barretta
Kelly Fisher 9 - 3 Jeanette Lee
Kelly Fisher 7 - 6 Allison Fisher (1st semi)
Kelly Fisher 5 - 7 Karen Corr (Final Karen Wins Title)

(Karen Corr 7 - 2 Monica Webb) (2nd Semi)

"Kwik Fire" and "Braveheart" along with "Spinny", "Wonderful Wendy", "The Rock" may next be viewed in Amway Women's World 9-Ball Championship in Taiwan March 1-5 2006. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Mr. Tu will welcome you as he will me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

KWILSON
02-27-2006, 12:29 PM
What happened to Sarah Rousey? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

pooltchr
02-27-2006, 01:20 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote KWILSON:</font><hr> What happened to Sarah Rousey? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

finished 33-48...she got put out by Jennifer Baretta
steve

CarolNYC
02-28-2006, 03:39 AM
Hi Steve,
I was in NC-first and foremost, I'd like to congratulate Val for a great finish-she really played her a$$ off-and I dont care what anyone says about "decent draw" cause there is NO easy draw in a pro event-and thats a damn fact!

John Barton was there at a booth-and YOU know me-I forgive and forget,so , on that note, there was a grentleman name Gerry who was taking photographs-many,many photographs (he got some real silly ones of me,LMAO) and he was able to make 8x10 on the spot,so, I brought him to John,hooked him up BECAUSE NOW is the time to get those photos of Val and just go crazy with them,ya know?

Also, some people were complaining about the wbsite being updated, well, there was NO connection or whatever you call it, to put it on line, so Kelly had to come to arena,watch the matches, then drive back to the hotel and try to put them in as fast as she can, so thats why there was a delay-

And thats story,baby-
Stay well!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CarolNYC
02-28-2006, 03:43 AM
Hi Harry,
How are you?
I was on the flight home with Jen (Baretta),Wendy (Jans) and Melissa (Herndon)-they were leaving Sunday evening 12 am-will arrive in Taipai Tuesday morning 8am-jeesh-alot of travelling-but at least they rack up those frequent flyer miles /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Take care!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Rich R.
02-28-2006, 04:13 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> Also, some people were complaining about the wbsite being updated, well, there was NO connection or whatever you call it, to put it on line, <hr /></blockquote>
Hmmmm, this event was at a college and there was NO connection??????

Someone was hiding the connection someplace.
Probably the students had it all tied up, studying. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

pooltchr
02-28-2006, 05:19 AM
Carol,
Good to hear from you again. I hope you enjoyed your latest visit to NC. I had planned on being there, but a family situation prevented me from driving up.
I'm glad things are cool with you and John. He really is alright...you just gotta get to know him. And I already KNOW you are alright too!
I was happy to see Val do well. I think she put a lot of pressure on herself last year and it hurt her. I talked with her yesterday and this finish was good for her. She has proven to herself that she really does belong there, and that is a major hurdle. I suspect she will have a much better year this year.
I'm also looking to see your name popping up more and more. You've got the talent. Keep your focus, and "Lock and Load"!
Steve

HarryDC
02-28-2006, 06:34 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote KWILSON:</font><hr> What happened to Sarah Rousey? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Hello,

Sarah Rousey’s Scores

Sarah Rousey 3 – 9 Gail Grecar
Sarah Rousey 9 – 4 Susan Williams
Sarah Rousey 5 – 9 Jennifer Barretta

Hope that is a help. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

HarryDC
02-28-2006, 06:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> Hi Harry,
How are you?
I was on the flight home with Jen (Baretta),Wendy (Jans) and Melissa (Herndon)-they were leaving Sunday evening 12 am-will arrive in Taipai Tuesday morning 8am-jeesh-alot of travelling-but at least they rack up those frequent flyer miles /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Take care!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Hello Carol,

Very pleased to see you are keeping at it. I hope Jenn, Wendy and Melissa had a safe trip. I am great shape thank you. Just going to the Amway Women's World 9-Ball Championship website for news. Here is the link to it for you and that tournament director of yours. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

AMWAY WOMEN'S WORLD 9-BALL CHAMPIONSHIPS 2006 (http://www.cues.com.tw/event/world/06wwpc/en/)

Looking forward to seeing your name in the brackets all year long.

Best Wishes! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif