PDA

View Full Version : Tourny, along with BCA show.

Q-guy
07-02-2002, 12:31 PM
I heard something about a tournament going on in New Orleans at the same time as the BCA show. Does anyone have any info on it? Also are any of the posters from here attending the show?

Scott Lee
07-02-2002, 01:41 PM
Q-Guy...I haven't heard about any tournament in New Orleans, which means exactly nothing! LOL I am planning on being at the trade show. Hope we get a chance to meet again.

Scott Lee

Michelle
07-02-2002, 02:09 PM
I was just informed that there are usually junior tournaments at the show, but I couldn't find anything on the BCA website confirming it. The thought is that maybe since the show is not in Vegas this year....

Scott Lee
07-02-2002, 02:14 PM
Michelle...FYI, the BCA Jr. National tournament has not been connected with, nor during the same time, as the trade show for at least the past 4-5 years.

Scott Lee

PoolChick02
07-02-2002, 03:40 PM
I might attend the trade show>(if my college schedule allows), and would love to meet any fellow CCB'ers that are going to attend as well.

Tom_In_Cincy
07-02-2002, 04:02 PM
RSB newsgroup members are having a get toghter which includes a tournament..

Scott Lee
07-02-2002, 04:10 PM
Poolchick02...Just so you are prepared, the BCA Trade Show is not open to the public. However, you might be able to get in if you know someone in the billiard industry (poolroom owner, billiard supply store owner, cuemaker, etc), who might give you a badge. Good luck!...and see you there, if you go!

Scott Lee

Q-guy
07-02-2002, 06:16 PM
The problem is they have become pretty tough on getting in. The ticket is $60.00 and you have to be in the trade. They used to send me as many tickets as I asked for with one paid ticket. Supposedly the other tickets were for employees. But now you must pay for every ticket. There was a discount if you paid before May 1st.

07-03-2002, 06:27 AM
My father and I will be at the BCA trade Show.

www.q-masters.com (http://www.q-masters.com)

www.Fantasy9Ball.com (http://www.Fantasy9Ball.com)

Brady

Thierry Layani
07-03-2002, 06:57 AM
I'm attending the tradeshow and will also be playing in the RSB tournament held on wednesday. I'll be in booth 2484. Looking forward to see you.
Thierry Layani
www.layanicues.com (http://www.layanicues.com)

07-03-2002, 08:31 AM
Q-guy,I'll be there along with my partners in Starcade Billiards. I've only missed 1 since the 1st one in Ft Worth about 1984.
See you there,
AndyG.

07-03-2002, 11:00 AM
I heard something about a tournament going on in New Orleans at the same time as the BCA show. Does anyone have any info on it? Also are any of the posters from here attending the show?

... There is indeed a 9-ball tournament being held at Pickles Billiards on Jefferson Hwy. (across the street from The Sports Palace Billiards- New Orleans oldest poolroom) on Wed. July 24th at beginning at 8:00 p.m. for online participants of newsgroups RSB/ASP. Joey Aguzin & John Wilds are to be TD, with Bob Jewett to make any rules calls. I believe that they have about 22 players so far. I believe (but won't swear to) a double illumination, races to 4 winners and 3 losers, with $20 entry fee,to be played on four Diamond tables. If you go to www.google.com (http://www.google.com) and search for (type in) New Orleans Tournament group:rec.sport.billiard you will find all the info, a list of potential participants and contact information in case you would like to see if you qualify to participate...... Smorgass Bored

07-03-2002, 11:07 AM
Smorass Bored updates with : I believe that this link is easier to access than my previous post:
Address:http://groups.google.com/groups?q=New+Orleans+tournament+group:+rec.sport.b illiard&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=3d1258cb%241_1%40nopics.sjc&rnum=1

07-03-2002, 11:09 AM
Of course, you can't trust anyone that spells Smorgass as Smorass Bored.... imo ..... Tampa Tubby-Bob

TalismanTony
07-03-2002, 08:30 PM
I will be there, booth number 146. I would love to meet any CCBers, so come on by. I will also try to make it to the RSB tourney to put "faces to names" as well.

Kind regards,

07-05-2002, 09:38 PM
I'll be there, and I look forward to seeing all of you who can attend. But I haven't heard anything about a tournament.

A few months ago, Gerald Huber told us that a man named Gambino was about to open a New Orleans poolroom in which he (Huber) anticipated that the action would be very good. Does anyone know if that room came to be? Thanks. GF

07-06-2002, 11:54 PM
I'll be there, and I look forward to seeing all of you who can attend. But I haven't heard anything about a tournament.
A few months ago, Gerald Huber told us that a man named Gambino was about to open a New Orleans poolroom in which he (Huber) anticipated that the action would be very good. Does anyone know if that room came to be? Thanks. GF

... Jerome Gambino did indeed RE-open an existing poolroom on Airline Hwy. It is/was in a tough neighborhood with inadequate parking. The room has come and gone, but Jerome is around and in action in all the other rooms. The action now, is at Corner Pockets, Pickles and with Lil John in Hattiesburg, Miss. There is also going to be a 9-ball tournament at 8:00 p.m. on Wed. July 24th at Pickles Billiards on Jefferson Hwy. across from the Sports Palace Billiards for RSB/ASP newsgroup posters. There is 'talk' of opening it up to include players from CCB, AZBilliards, Playpool.com, etc..... Smorgass Bored

07-08-2002, 06:45 AM
Hi George, Good to see you back again.

I was talking to a friend from N'awlins this weekend, and he didn't mention whether Jerome had opened yet. The latest room I'm aware of there is Jamie Farrell's place. I understand the action there is pretty hot.

See you at the show.
Andy G.

07-08-2002, 08:36 AM
OOPs, I should have read Smorg's post before I replied. My information is apparently out of date.
Andy G.