PDA

View Full Version : What cue does Corey shoot with?

07-02-2002, 12:56 PM
What cue does Corey Deuel shoot with?

It looks like a carom cue.

07-02-2002, 01:30 PM
he plays with a viking cue, they sponsor him on tour

MikeM
07-02-2002, 01:33 PM
When I get home tonite I'll post pictures of my Viking "Corey cue". It is one of the four made for Corey that he did not choose.

MM

Scott Lee
07-02-2002, 01:37 PM
I'd have to wager that Corey is no longer with Viking. According to the ads in the magazines, Corey has signed with Cuestix to promote a new cue they are manufacturing in Asia, called the 5850 (just like Archer did with the Scorpion cues)! The real story will come out in 3 weeks at the trade show.

Scott Lee

MikeM
07-02-2002, 01:42 PM
There goes the value of my cue!

Anyone want to buy a Corey Deuel Viking cue?

MM

Michelle
07-02-2002, 01:43 PM
Actually, Corey left Viking pretty recently. Apparantly, he did not have a very air-tight contract with Viking, and now he is working with Cuestix and is coming out with his own cue line called "Cues 5280."
There is a full page ad just inside the front page of the June issue of Pool & Billiard Magazine (our copy of BD got stolen from our showroom floor the other day, so I haven't seen it yet!)
No word yet as to exactly when the new cue line is coming out, but I assume it will probably be at the billiard show at the end of this month.

Michelle
07-02-2002, 01:49 PM
I'm sure you could sell it for a decent price on ebay!
Heck, i'd take a look at it--my boss forgot to mention to her employees that Viking had the cues when they still had them available! /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Scott Lee
07-02-2002, 02:12 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Michelle:</font><hr> now he is working with Cuestix and is coming out with his own cue line called "Cues 5280."
There is a full page ad just inside the front page of the June issue of Pool &amp; Billiard Magazine (our copy of BD got stolen from our showroom floor the other day, so I haven't seen it yet!)
<hr></blockquote>

Michelle...Thanks for the 'right' number! LOL I am looking at that ad right now! Hope to see you in New Orleans, if you come.

Scott Lee

Cueless Joey
07-02-2002, 03:21 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Scott Lee:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: Michelle:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; now he is working with Cuestix and is coming out with his own cue line called "Cues 5280."
There is a full page ad just inside the front page of the June issue of Pool &amp; Billiard Magazine (our copy of BD got stolen from our showroom floor the other day, so I haven't seen it yet!)
&lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;

Michelle...Thanks for the 'right' number! LOL I am looking at that ad right now! Hope to see you in New Orleans, if you come.

Scott Lee <hr></blockquote>............
Get your chemicals right, Scott. 5280 is the plastic composition they coat the wood with on Corey's "new" cues. LOL
Kinda sad though. More and more local shooters are endorsing Chinese-slave labor sticks.
Joey~ Only buys American-made cues~

07-02-2002, 03:37 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Cueless Joey:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: Scott Lee:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: Michelle:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; now he is working with Cuestix and is coming out with his own cue line called "Cues 5280."

Scott Lee &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;............
Get your chemicals right, Scott. 5280 is the plastic composition they coat the wood with on Corey's "new" cues. LOL
Kinda sad though. More and more local shooters are endorsing Chinese-slave labor sticks.
Joey~ Only buys American-made cues~ <hr></blockquote>

But he's still Filipino.

Cueless Joey
07-02-2002, 03:57 PM

But he's still Filipino. &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;.........
Very much so. Works and lives in the US.

Scott Lee
07-02-2002, 04:22 PM
Joey...Just curious, as I know you are an avid collector...
but why only American cues? Certainly there are tons of good cuemakers (of all ethnicities) right here in the U.S., but there are quality cues made elsewhere too. Longoni (Italy), Helmstetter and Mezz (both made in Japan) come to mind, as well-made cues.

Scott

Cueless Joey
07-02-2002, 04:38 PM
&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: Scott Lee:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; Joey...Just curious, as I know you are an avid collector...
but why only American cues? Certainly there are tons of good cuemakers (of all ethnicities) right here in the U.S., but there are quality cues made elsewhere too. Longoni (Italy), Helmstetter and Mezz (both made in Japan) come to mind, as well-made cues.

Scott &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;..........
None of them meet my standards Scott. The first time I saw Longoni was back in '96-'97, I was in a very famous store here. The owner started touting it and OVERPRICED it. One other collector rolled them on the table. We just about died in laughter. They were crooked to say the least. Robots make Mezz cues, I'm not touching them. Helms/Adams maybe but resale value is bad. The old ones maybe. I can't really think of an imported cue I'd want to have.
I have a collection of custom made cowboy boots. All made here too. I collect boxing gear too. Those are mostly imports. Most of the good ones are custom-made in Mexico.
So far I have these cues in my collecion, Judd, Samsara, Lambros, AC, Zylr, Omen, CK, Romero and Gallegos. I have nothing against imports but I am not buying cues factory- made in China. If there's a good custom cuemaker out there, I'd be interested. Yes, cuemakers in the US are of different ethnicities. Tad is a Japanese-American, Russ Espiritu is a Filipino-Hawiian ( I believe)and Ernie G. is a Latino, among the few well-known makers.
Thanks for the q Scott.

07-02-2002, 09:05 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Scott Lee:</font><hr> Joey...Just curious, as I know you are an avid collector...

Scott <hr></blockquote>

that's cuz of colonial mentallity, everything imported especially w/ the word "made in the usa" is good.

PoolFool
07-02-2002, 10:09 PM
Thank you Joey. I'm glad to learn that I am not alone. I don't have a lot of money but what I do have is not going to end up in China.

PoolFool

Cueless Joey
07-03-2002, 03:13 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Anonymous:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: Scott Lee:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; Joey...Just curious, as I know you are an avid collector...

Scott &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;

that's cuz of colonial mentallity, everything imported especially w/ the word "made in the usa" is good. <hr></blockquote>.....
If I had colonial mentality, I'd be English-made cues. Unfortunately, I don't know of one. I only buy Panasonic or Hitachi tv's. Neither one is made here.

07-03-2002, 01:38 PM
i'll buy a cue from anywhere if in it's creation those that build it care to make something special. thought and care in craftsmanship produce that unmeasurable, unscientific "good hit" we're all looking for. i'm about as unreflexive a patriot there is. luckily, in cue craftmanship, America still creates the best..the second in my opinion being England, Third Italy(not Longoni but i had high hopes for those cues..similar reaction as other poster after hitting with one), fourth Japan..yes Japan, nearly any "custom" product from that country is a quality item where mass production items vary a great deal. for some reason American craftsman are still more in-tune with the fuzzy creativity needed for musical instruments, cues, anything that becomes more than a tool.
in best regards i hope to remain,
your:
at times angry unpatriotic ultra patriot,
upset Native American that gets angry that those as Ted Nugent ascribe to Native American beliefs and principles while contradicting tham with hatefull ignorance, chess whiz, overeducated underfed peircing disliking defender of the peirced, non trend jumping billiards obcessed, poor spelling legal genius that challenges PAtrick to chess with onlookers from this board, finally decent health and at the moment cancer free, reasonably content but still angry, journal entry poster, fellow CCB'er and logical too analytical but working on it quack, legendary renagade social worker, robin hood in more than my own mind,
^v^

p.s. i already have lot's of unwritten journals. i can't type in them.

SPetty
07-03-2002, 01:44 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Cueless Joey:</font><hr> Get your chemicals right, Scott. 5280 is the plastic composition they coat the wood with on Corey's "new" cues. <hr></blockquote>Hi Joey,

When I asked Corey about the 5280 in Vegas, he told me that it was that there are 5280 feet in a mile, and something about Denver being the "mile high city", so that it has something to do with Denver. I didn't acknowledge my ignorance, but assumed that Corey or this new cue line has something to do with Denver.

Cueless Joey
07-03-2002, 02:06 PM
SP, sorry to mislead ya. It was a joke. I didn't know 5280 was named after Denver. Yeah, there are 1.6 km in a mile. 5280 feet? LOL

Michelle
07-03-2002, 02:49 PM
wish I could, but the bosses (Walter and Sharon Hawley) will be there while I stay in Dallas and work!! /ccboard/images/icons/frown.gif

Scott Lee
07-03-2002, 06:34 PM
Joey and SPetty...CueStix is located in Boulder, just outside of Denver. That's probably the connection, as they are the ones manufacturing the cue.

Scott