PDA

View Full Version : Try to remember...

wolfdancer
03-02-2006, 06:52 AM
Try to remember the kind of September
when life was slow and oh, so mellow.

Try to remember.....
Scooter Libby, Vice President Dick Cheney's former chief of staff, has hired a renowned memory-loss expert to assist him with his legal defense. Harvard psychology professor Daniel L. Schacter tells NBC News he has been retained by Libby as a consultant. An official familiar with the Libby defense team confirms the news.

Schacter, who has been at Harvard since 1991 and who has a 29-page resume, is the author of "The Seven Sins of Memory" and "Searching for Memory: The Brain, the Mind and the Past." His books offer explanations for the "vulnerability of memory." Schacter writes that if we are distracted as an event unfolds, "we may later have great difficulty remembering the details of what happened." Time, of course, often weakens our memory. And, he writes, it is easy to "unwittingly create mistaken -- though strongly held -- beliefs about the past."

Libby's lawyers hinted in court filings last week that memory loss will be "central themes" of Libby's defense. Libby's lawyers write: "...any misstatements he made during his FBI interviews or grand jury testimony were not intentional, but rather the result of confusion, mistake or faulty memory."

Libby's lawyers say that, during Libby's hectic days handling sensitive national-security matters, "it is understandable that he may have forgotten or misremembered relatively less significant events. Such relatively less important events include alleged snippets of conversations about Valerie Plame Wilson's employment status."

Which reminds me: Mark Twain once said,

If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything.

The above from

web page (http://www.bushlies.com/)
This memory loss defense will rank up there with the Twinkie defense

Maybe Scooter could send the guy over to GWB afterwards for a memory check????
Maybe not...some lies you don't want to remember

nAz
03-02-2006, 08:59 AM
LOL

dude it's not a lie if you make yourself believe it's true.

Drop1
03-02-2006, 12:44 PM
Yeah: "its not a lie if people believe it". [Words that could have been spoken by GWB,on what he knew and when he knew it,regarding Katrina /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r
03-02-2006, 12:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Scooter Libby, Vice President Dick Cheney's former chief of staff, has hired a renowned memory-loss expert to assist him with his legal defense. <hr /></blockquote> Sounds like the perfect job for a Clinton. Any will do, take your pick. By the way, has Hillary's memory ever come back about the Rose documents found in her bedroom? It is hilarious that a couple of people with the worst memory ever while in office can profit in the millions afterwards selling their memoirs. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

eg8r
03-02-2006, 12:52 PM
It is not a lie if you can get everyone to focus on the BJ instead of the oath that was taken.

eg8r

wolfdancer
03-02-2006, 03:51 PM
Ed, were on a new page now.....and aren't you the one always critizing people for drifting off of your target?
So why don't you begin your own post about the Rose affair?
"I beg your pardon, she never promised you a rose garden"

Seems like your only reply to anything new is to go back to the Clinton admin.
Let me put it this way.....two wrongs don't make a right, but might make for a right wing idealogy.
in the meantime, try to stay on the same page.....lol

wolfdancer
03-02-2006, 03:57 PM
web page (http://www.americanpolitics.com/20020227Hersh.html)

and:
[ QUOTE ]
There are, of course, differences. Clinton's lie was meant to cover up
a personal scandal; Bush's partisans can charitably interpret his lie
as merely the result of a chain of people in the White House each
adding too much rum to the eggnog. Clinton's lie was completely a
personal failure; Bush's was a failure of the complete administration.

But the similarities are greater and more important. For one, both lies
have stuck because of their backdrops. If the United States weren't
losing a soldier a day and pouring a billion dollars a week into a zone
of increasing chaos, no one would remember to question Bush's
months-old prevarications. If Clinton hadn't been facing persistent
accusations about his womanizing, no one might have known about his
trysts with the intern. <hr /></blockquote>

Fran Crimi
03-02-2006, 05:44 PM
http://oldbluejacket.com/images/Cheney&amp;Bill.jpg

Drop1
03-02-2006, 07:05 PM
Your just upset because you didn't meet Monica first,or you have a Clinton fixation. We are talking about today,about the present President, the President in 2006 is named George Walker Bush a man of low IQ and ethics to match. That is the liar we are talking about. Clinton lied get over it,and move on. But before you do explore which one of the two liars created the most damage to this country and the world. And if you say you never got a BJ,your as big a liar as Clinton and Bush /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r
03-03-2006, 06:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ed, were on a new page now.....and aren't you the one always critizing people for drifting off of your target?
So why don't you begin your own post about the Rose affair?
"I beg your pardon, she never promised you a rose garden"

Seems like your only reply to anything new is to go back to the Clinton admin.
Let me put it this way.....two wrongs don't make a right, but might make for a right wing idealogy.
in the meantime, try to stay on the same page.....lol <hr /></blockquote> I am sorry, the story you posted mentioned a <font color="blue"> renowned memory-loss expert </font color>. I thought by offering up some candidates I could help. Apparently you cannot see the forest for the trees.

eg8r

eg8r
03-03-2006, 06:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Your just upset because you didn't meet Monica first,or you have a Clinton fixation. <hr /></blockquote> Wrong wrong wrong and wrong again. The subject heading is "Try to remember", I am just making sure you never forget. This portion of the thread was of lies so I added another liar. The subject was of lies, by changing characters I did not change the subject.

[ QUOTE ]
But before you do explore which one of the two liars created the most damage to this country <hr /></blockquote> Well, when we are hit with a nuclear weapon, I hope you <font color="blue"> try to remember </font color> , it was Clinton that allowed it to happen.

[ QUOTE ]
And if you say you never got a BJ,your as big a liar as Clinton and Bush <hr /></blockquote> Only an idiot would lie about that. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Gayle in MD
03-03-2006, 07:13 AM
Tap Tap Tap, those of us who can READ, understand that this thread is about the Scooter L. defense.

One good thing, I understand that the judge has stated that he will not allow this proceedure to degrade into a lot of psychob-abble between memory experts, so I don't think this tactic will fly with him.

Gayle in Md.

eg8r
03-03-2006, 07:17 AM
LOL, I love all the jokes about Cheney. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

DickLeonard
03-03-2006, 08:19 AM
Eg8r they rank right up there with GWB and his service record. He thinks he was in the National Guard but there is no records to prove it.####

wolfdancer
03-03-2006, 09:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I am sorry, the story you posted mentioned a renowned memory-loss expert . I thought by offering up some candidates I could help. Apparently you cannot see the forest for the trees.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>
Ed, I hope that makes sense to you...because it doesn't to me. It's still way off topic, and there are still only three thing I can think of right now(haven't had my morning coffee yet)...three things I have trouble comprehending, as to what the author really meant
The Bible
Shakespeare
Your posts
I've placed you in some lofty company there.....
I notice your responses are getting more mean, more of a personal attack style....maybe you should boycott the writings here of the "liberal left"

eg8r
03-06-2006, 07:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ed, I hope that makes sense to you...because it doesn't to me. <hr /></blockquote> Wolf there is no doubt you would not understand it. Your comprehension has been terrible ever since you stumbled onto this site.

eg8r

Qtec
03-06-2006, 09:41 AM
Thats rich, coming from you!
Q

Gayle in MD
03-06-2006, 10:05 AM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

eg8r
03-06-2006, 11:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Thats rich, coming from you! <hr /></blockquote> And this coming from the guy who confused himself in the other thread about missing points. Nice.

eg8r

wolfdancer
03-06-2006, 11:15 AM
Thanks, Ed.....it's always a pleasure to read your incisive posts. have a good day!!!

wolfdancer
03-06-2006, 11:18 AM
Aw, Q....you got to let Ed score a few points every now and
then......