PDA

View Full Version : Billiard room decor?

accougars
03-02-2006, 11:21 AM
I am building anew home and the wife has allowed me a Billiards room! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif I want to give it the feel of a men's locker room at a high end country club. A pool hall sized rail made of dark oak with matching exposed oak beams on the ceiling. Can anyone point me in the correct direction to get tips and ideas for designing a billiards room? Thank you very much!

SPetty
03-02-2006, 02:07 PM
Congratulations. Enjoy the ride and have fun designing and decorating. Sorry I can't help, I've never been in a men's locker room at a high end country club. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Drop1
03-02-2006, 08:59 PM
How much money do you plan to spend? How come your wife allows you a Billiards room? Maybe to put you in the right direction,a single cue sold for one hundred three thousand dollars in 2004. Of course you can find cheaper ones,but the hit is not the same. Be sure to take pictures /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rich R.
03-03-2006, 08:07 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> I've never been in a men's locker room at a high end country club. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif <hr /></blockquote>
Don't feel bad. I haven't been in one either. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
I'm not sure I want too. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

TennesseeJoe
03-05-2006, 11:09 AM
Look at the movie "The Hustler". The Louisville millionaire who had a game with Fast Eddie had a pretty nice room.

Billy_Bob
03-05-2006, 11:40 AM
I spared no expense with my decor (link below).

And I stock the finest wines in my private wine cellar. I'm not usually a "name dropper", but I have stocked such fine labels as MD 20/20, Night Train, and Thunderbird. (I thought this would attract the "right" type of players.)

I've learned that my visitors prefer Jack and beer though, so my wine collection is going unused.

My billiard room...
http://www.geocities.com/billybobnospam/pr.html

Drop1
03-06-2006, 07:42 PM
Do you have any Silver Satin,or Sterno? If not I can strain some Wildroot hair cream through french bread.

Billy_Bob
03-07-2006, 08:32 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> Do you have any Silver Satin,or Sterno? If not I can strain some Wildroot hair cream through french bread. <hr /></blockquote>

Never heard of this stuff? Is this what is preferred when the MD 20/20 well runs dry?

walt8880
03-07-2006, 06:11 PM
Billy_Bob

Looks like you went all out. With a layout like that you must have had professional decorator help.

My theory is, "why spend money on walnut when the same money can buy beer and cues?"

Do you have any vintage Sly Fox in your wine cellar? If so, I may be over soon.

Drop1
03-07-2006, 07:33 PM
Yep, the choice of dumpster dwellers everywhere.