PDA

View Full Version : Fall Guy

wolfdancer
03-02-2006, 04:46 PM
The new video just released kind of takes a lot of the blame off of Mr. Brown....who was supposed to be the fall guy,in the Katrina fiasco, like Ollie North was in the Iran-contra illegal Republican dealings.
That it also exposes more admin lies....is getting to be old news.

Gayle in MD
03-03-2006, 09:16 AM
So true, I posted about this a few weeks ago after watching all of the HLS committee investigation before it wat taken to closed session. It became abundantly clear that Mr. Brown, though he admits to mistakes made in the overwhelming aftermath of our worst National Disaster, was the only government employee with feet on the ground and eyes on the real dangers and anticipated requirements which his leaders ignored, and failed to provide. The evidence, when one hears the well documented chain of events, throughout his tenure, and specificaly in regard to Katrina, is overwhelming proof that Bush and Chertoff were the worst of the worst. The mis-allocation of funds within the Department of Homeland Security, had laid the groundwork for a weak and incompetent response to any National Disaster, natural or otherwise.

Once again, Bush was asleep at the wheel, and the underlying cause was a lack of concern for the safety of the American People.

Gayle in Md.

Fran Crimi
03-03-2006, 09:19 AM
Actually, it IS old news. The entire transcript of the video has been available to the AP since last fall. Most of the actual video has been available since then as well.

Sure beats me why they're suddenly calling it the 'confidential video.' The press had better be careful how they present this, or they can be guilty of fraud.

Fran

Gayle in MD
03-03-2006, 10:01 AM
I don't think they need to worry, Fran,.... the video, along with the live testimony, and extensive documentation, provided by Brown, and going way back, with proof of documented requests for changes and requirements by Brown, to Chertoff, needed for more efficient response and better funding for FEMA, made the video more revealing.

Eventho it existed previously, before Brown's enlightening testimony before the Committee, the six month anniversary of Katrina, immediately following the committee's revelations, and in the context of the news of the day, from New Orleans, and the continued failure of the administration to respond efficiently, make the videos pertinent to the on-going National debate over our safety, why it remains at risk, and what should be altered within the bureaucracy in order to insure the proper response in future disasters,.... four years after our National Nightmare of 9/11.

Gayle in Md.

Fran Crimi
03-03-2006, 05:45 PM
Yeeeeeikes.

I think I'll go see what's new on the pool related side.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Fran