PDA

View Full Version : BreakRAK

shakeybake
03-03-2006, 06:07 AM
I recently received my BreakRAK from ceebee. For those of you who have not experienced this fantastic pool tool, it's time to take the quantum leap!

Are there any users of this tool that have anything bad to say about it?

Shakey

Icon of Sin
03-03-2006, 06:26 AM
Im actually going to be borrowing one from a member of AZ. Meeting up with him tomorrow and picking it up. If I like it, which I am sure I will, I am going to pick one up at Valley Forge I think.

bluey2king
03-03-2006, 09:47 AM
I would like to know how bad it wears on the table? Please do give us your review.

ceebee
03-03-2006, 10:06 AM
well bluey2king, this is a question most players will ask, especially Pool Rooms.

ANSWER >> I have had the BreakRAK on my table, 24/7, for almost 4 years (I do occasionally take the BreakRAK off the table, to play, when I'm fortunate enough to have someone over).

The trick to overcoming any undue wear is using tape over the spot & use a Break Pad (layer of cloth for the Cue Ball to rest on during the Break Shot)

Most players may not realize the white spots are mostly wax, not necessarily damaged cloth. There are a few spots made from compression of the cloth, but they are really a lighter green, not white wax.

The cloth on my table, after 4 years, was still very much OK. The wax spots were cleaned a few times with Woolite. I just sold my big beautiful 9 foot Pool Table, because we are scaling down & moving to a smaller home. I will have a Bar Box in the Shop (with Championship cloth).

Thanks Bluey2king for asking the question...

See you folks at Valley Forge.

Barbara
03-03-2006, 10:08 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ceebee:</font><hr>See you folks at Valley Forge. <hr /></blockquote>

Charly,

Are you selling the Break Rak at any booth at Valley Forge? ARJ says my break sucks (and it does) so I think I need to pick one up.

Barbara

ceebee
03-03-2006, 01:14 PM
Hi Barbara, we are in Booth number 112. We are only bringing a few BreakRAKs, because of shipping costs. We will take orders for the remainder of our customers.

Bassn7
03-03-2006, 02:16 PM
My only concern would be how can the "BreakRak" provide the exact expansion of movement as a real rack of balls? The friction tests required would need extreme detail. Without this type of testing, the cue ball action after contact would be "false". A breaking machine would be required.

ceebee
03-04-2006, 08:28 AM
Bassn7, that is a reasonable question too. It is asked once in awhile by players looking for the "why", in cause &amp; effect situations.

Trying to learn something complex requires that you remove as many variables as possible, so you may focus on a repeatable movement, incident, happening, situation or whatever it is you are trying to learn about. Trying to learn something about the break shot, with a set of pool balls that aren't capable of repeating an break pattern, makes learning very difficult. That is why everyone does not already have a great break shot. Most sets of pool balls are a little out of round, possibly different sizes &amp; you strike them at different speeds, from different directions... WOW, that is a mess of variables.

The BreakRAK is a "simulated" Rack of Balls that is the same, day after day, without the variables. The BreakRAK allows you to develop an accurate (&lt;&lt; keyword) &amp; powerful stroke, through repetition. REPETITION is the very vehicle that man uses to develop Precision Motor Skills. It is sometimes called practice.

When your stroke becomes accurate, you can then focus on the IMPACT POINT, to obtain the best possible results. Without an accurate stroke, shot making is happenstance.

The BreakRAK was intially designed for me to learn the shot, I played Snooker for 20 years &amp; when the Snooker Table was replaced with 2 Bar Boxes, I started playing Pool. My Break Shot was costing me matches, money &amp; Tournaments. I was a TOOL ENGINEER for 30 years, designing Tools was my forte. Soon, I had something to use for practicng the break shot. My pals &amp; my opponents saw the transformation of my Break Shot. They wanted to know the secret, so I showed them my creation. They bought a few &amp; their friends bought a few, that is how the BreakRAK came to be a product.

The BreakRAK has been around since November of 2001. We started out with a Physics puzzle. Then we ran the numbers again &amp; again &amp; again, trying to design some kind of SHOCK ABSORBING configuration, that matched the numbers. We've slightly tweaked our product for 4 years now &amp; we have a very good product. As we have come to learn more, we always offer our customers an upgrade.

The BreakRAK is used in Several Pool Schools &amp; by 30 plus BCA Instructors.

Thanks again for letting me tell my story.

Bassn7
03-05-2006, 02:53 PM
I think we are talking the same language, but not quite. Would you agree then, that the 'BreakRak' will teach you to have a repeatable break stroke, but NOT one that will give you the SAME cue ball position results when hitting real balls.

ceebee
03-06-2006, 08:17 AM
I would NOT agree to that statement. We designed the BreakRAK to obtaining correct Cue Ball Response, after impact. That was what all the research was for. Without correct Cue Ball response, the BreakRAK would only be something to shoot at.

The BreakRAK is designed to give you quality info about the shot &amp; your stroke, so you can take that info to the Pool Room &amp; compete.

Thanks for questions. People are gonna start thinking you are a shill. We have been in business for 4 years. The BreakRAK has helped over 600 players &amp; that is without any advertisement. Multi-Million dollar Flight Simulators are not perfect, but you can learn to fly a 747 in one. You can learn a better break shot, by practicing with the BreakRAK. The BreakRAK has always been sold with a money back guarantee &amp; the BreakRAK is warranted for breakage, materials &amp; workmanship.

Thanks again.