PDA

View Full Version : Dave and Busters

07-02-2002, 08:07 PM
Great venue for a pro tournament or exhibition. The weekend event in Toronto sounded like a success, with Deuel,Archer, Varner, and Jones. USA should take notice!

TonyM
07-02-2002, 10:48 PM
It was a wonderful event. Kudos to Jim Wych and all of those involved in putting on the show. The match will be aired here in Canada on TSN in September. Hopefully ESPN will pick it up to broadcast in the USA!

Tony
-shame on any Ontarions for missing this great event!

Tom_In_Cincy
07-04-2002, 11:38 AM
We have a Dave and Busters and a Jillians here in the Cincinnati area. Neither have done anything like the one in Canada.

Cincinnati is a very conservative town for its size and area. If its not Baseball, Football, Golf or Soccer forget about it. Pool isn't even close to Bowling in this area.

JimS
07-04-2002, 11:46 AM
Pool isn't EVEN close to buffalo chip flinging herebouts!!

Tom_In_Cincy
07-04-2002, 11:48 AM
Thanks, I feel better now.. I think..

Scott Lee
07-05-2002, 05:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: JimS:</font><hr> Pool isn't EVEN close to buffalo chip flinging herebouts!! <hr></blockquote>

Jim...Don't you need special equipment for THAT?...gloves and shoes, at least? LOL

Scott

JimS
07-05-2002, 08:21 AM
ScottScottScott. Being from Montana you SHOULD have the inside line on this activity and you should know that any ole shoes...high tops, needless to say, work fine. But! I do have a specially made Sir Joseph glove...which I clean with lighter fluid....of course.

When are ya comin to town? CC and I are waiting breathlessly! Well ok, not breathlessly, but lookin forward to it.

Scott Lee
07-05-2002, 10:20 AM
Jim...Of COURSE I knew you needed the specialty clothes! Just wanted to make sure YOU knew! Gee, with only a three fingered glove, doesn't that "cowchip paste" get all over ya? LOL I throw mine kinda like a frisbee! LMAO

You two should look for me in about a month, sometime during the first week of August, on my return to MT from New Orleans. I will be in Chicago for a few days right after the show, and then plan to head home via Galesburg...and another marathon with you two pool hustlers! LOL See you soon!

Scott

Wally_in_Cincy
07-05-2002, 11:13 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Steve Harn:</font><hr> Great venue for a pro tournament or exhibition. The weekend event in Toronto sounded like a success, with Deuel,Archer, Varner, and Jones. USA should take notice! <hr></blockquote>

The first (and LAST) time I went to "D &amp; B" I paid $5 for a draft beer. Hell, even Valley Forge is not that freaking expensive.

JimS
07-05-2002, 02:06 PM
It will have to be late in the week. I have state inspectors coming to my office to check me out.....they show up every couple of years, and they'll be there the on Tues and maybe Wed....then I have to teach my classes every evening that week. Won't be FREE until Friday. Would love to see ya Friday Aug 9, if that's do-able for you.

07-05-2002, 09:28 PM
That's only because you were drinking beer. Did you check the prices on water and coffee? LOL