PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning Simonis

sack316
03-05-2006, 03:09 PM
hey all, searched and found a few older topics on this one, just thought I'd bring it back up to see if we ever really came to some general consensus on ways to maintain Simonis cloth.

I've taken it upon myself to keep up all our tables with Simonis at the poolhall (Mainly because those are the tables I shoot on as well as almost all league matches, and I'm tired of nobody maintaining them well enough). So as part of my self appointed job description I'm leveling, cleaning, etc. all of them.

Since the cloth takes a bit of a beating from some of the knuckleheads, I really want to focus on keeping it playing well and not getting too dirty and torn up... after all that stuff is expensive to replace every few months! CUrrently I'm just giving it a good brushing with the soft brush, then wiping it down with a lightly dampened cloth (although as someone said in another post there is some little boogers coming off the cloth), and then I again brush off any excess. But beyond that I'm not really sure what if anything would be good (or safe) to use. Any help from my wiser friends on here is greatly appreciated!

Sack

p.s. Deeman, give me a month working on those bad boys then come play some. You'll want to hug me after that /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

DebraLiStarr
03-05-2006, 03:26 PM
Quick Clean (http://www.quick-clean.com/)

I use this stuff on my table at home, it smells kinda icky, but it actually works very well. The starter kit is like $50 - and Ive been using the same can for almost a year now. The kit comes with a few cans and the brush thingy. They use this stuff to clean the tables at the US Open.

Maybe the players can all chip in for the stuff. I thinks it would be a good idea. Get with me if you need more info on the stuff. Hope everything's going great for you.

ABQ_Poolhead
03-05-2006, 04:26 PM
Sack,
I'm no expert, but I can tell you how I care for my home table. I've had my table for about 1 1/2 yrs., and I've got it covered with Simonis 760. The dealer I bought the table from told me to just brush it when needed, vacuum it every so often (with a hand-held vac preferably, not a super-heavy-duty vac that could conceivably stretch the fabric), and keep Evergreen spot cleaner on-hand in case of spills or stains. If vacuuming, he told me to brush it first (always in same direction with a good-quality table brush), then vac, then brush again.
Since your tables are getting constant use, you might check with Simonis to see if they have better suggestions, but the previous procedures have kept my table clean. Of course, I have numerous friction spots, but Simonis tells me that's due to the makeup of the cloth, that the spots don't go away, and that the spots don't affect the playing performance of the cloth. That seems to be correct to me.
Good luck!

ABQ_Poolhead
03-13-2006, 11:59 AM
Sack, this is straight from Simonis...
"Cleaning Simonis cloth is very easy. First of all, you need to use a soft billiard brush for getting rid of chalk and debris from the table. You can brush it towards either end of the table or toward the pockets. Use a very low horsepower hand-held vac similar to a dustbuster but without any brush attachments to pick up the debris.

If you have a liquid spill, dab it up right away. Because of the tight weave of the cloth, it shouldn’t penetrate into the cloth or stain. Use a damp soft cloth in this process with water only. You can also take a soft cloth , mist it lightly with water and dab up the chalk.

If you do get a stain that won’t come out, you can call a local dry cleaner to see what they might recommend."