PDA

View Full Version : Greatest Kick shot ever???

recoveryjones
03-06-2006, 07:12 AM
http://www.zippyvideos.com/2987881743838646/movie/

Enjoy,
RJ

Rich R.
03-06-2006, 07:28 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote recoveryjones:</font><hr> http://www.zippyvideos.com/2987881743838646/movie/

Enjoy,
RJ <hr /></blockquote>
And that is exactly why they call him "The Magician".

Great clip. Thanks RJ.

wolfdancer
03-06-2006, 09:03 AM
This was the finals at the Reno Sands......and after the match, when Earl got on the mike, he praised Efren, and said that "he had only lost one other time to a similiar shot" then added,
"that was a great shot, and I should know, I've made a million of them!!!"
Earl was a great sportsman about losing the match...he was holding up Efran's arm for the audience to applaud.
As usual, Efran was very humble about winning " I got lucky"

Probably the "luckiest" player ever.

dg-in-centralpa
03-06-2006, 03:14 PM
Great clip! Magician indeed.

DG

loyter
03-06-2006, 03:27 PM
Great, great shot. My opinion is that anytime you make a shot like that one, there is some luck involved. SOME luck.

But, it's like one of my favorite movie lines:

Teacher: How many pairs of (some anatomical term I can't remember)?
Novak: 14
Teacher: Are you guessing?
Novak: Am I right?
Teacher: Yes.
Novak: Then I'm not guessing.

OldieToo
03-06-2006, 03:31 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote recoveryjones:</font><hr> http://www.zippyvideos.com/2987881743838646/movie/

Enjoy,
RJ <hr /></blockquote> /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

tjlmbklr
03-06-2006, 03:37 PM
Very impressive, but I recall a better one. If anyone remembers the International Challenge of Champions I believe it was 2001(or 02) Bustamante-vs-Fong Pang Choa sudden death on the Finals match. After a long safety battle on the one ball Bustamante left what he thought was a good safe leaving only a half ball to hit and a half pocket to drop it in. Then Choa, with no time out left, came with what believe is the best shot I ever witnessed. I use the RSB table to demonstrate it as best I can remember. I have the match on tape,but if anyone knows me and my lack of Comp. skills they will know that I haven't the faintess idea how to convert it to a clip to be played on a PC.

Needless to say Choa won the $50,000 once he calmed himself down and ran the table. I never heard a crowd roar so much.

START(
%Ar2E2%BJ8S8%CT0V0%Do4D9%Eq1D1%FG1G8%GQ9N7%HF7N0%P n1D1%Wp5F2
%XC2L9%YD2L4%Zl9D1%eC0`9
)END

Drop1
03-06-2006, 07:35 PM
I have to go with the Reyes shot.

Rich R.
03-06-2006, 07:41 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote tjlmbklr:</font><hr> Very impressive, but I recall a better one. If anyone remembers the International Challenge of Champions I believe it was 2001(or 02) Bustamante-vs-Fong Pang Choa sudden death on the Finals match. After a long safety battle on the one ball Bustamante left what he thought was a good safe leaving only a half ball to hit and a half pocket to drop it in. Then Choa, with no time out left, came with what believe is the best shot I ever witnessed. I use the RSB table to demonstrate it as best I can remember. I have the match on tape,but if anyone knows me and my lack of Comp. skills they will know that I haven't the faintess idea how to convert it to a clip to be played on a PC.

Needless to say Choa won the $50,000 once he calmed himself down and ran the table. I never heard a crowd roar so much.

START(
%XC2L9%YD2L4%Zl9D1%eC0`9
)END <hr /></blockquote>I remember that shot. I watched it a dozen times on video tape and I still thought it was impossible. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

recoveryjones
03-06-2006, 11:33 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote tjlmbklr:</font><hr> Very impressive, but I recall a better one. If anyone remembers the International Challenge of Champions I believe it was 2001(or 02) Bustamante-vs-Fong Pang Choa sudden death on the Finals match. After a long safety battle on the one ball Bustamante left what he thought was a good safe leaving only a half ball to hit and a half pocket to drop it in. Then Choa, with no time out left, came with what believe is the best shot I ever witnessed. I use the RSB table to demonstrate it as best I can remember. I have the match on tape,but if anyone knows me and my lack of Comp. skills they will know that I haven't the faintess idea how to convert it to a clip to be played on a PC.

START(
%XC2L9%YD2L4%Zl9D1%eC0`9
)END <hr /></blockquote>

I just watched the Chao shot as I had the match in my DVD collection.It was a great shot for sure, however,I still think Efrens was better. Chao's was a one railer with english and Reyes kick was a spectaculiar two railer.Not only that, Efren ran out and won right after the kick.
The Chao/Bustamante match went on for another 5-6 minutes and Chao ended it with a spectuculiar jump shot of a Bustamamnte hook where he made the 7 and then ran off the 8 and 9.That last rack was a classic for sure.

Both kicks were under extreme pressure in hill-hill situations, sudden death and for good money.

If someone could give me step by step info on how to upload it at the same site where the reyes kick was shown, I'm willing to upload it so others can see.
RJ

tjlmbklr
03-07-2006, 10:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Chao's was a one railer with english and Reyes kick was a spectaculiar two railer.Not only that, Efren ran out and won right after the kick.
<hr /></blockquote>

I did not watch the whole thing. I saw this video before and it only had the 2-railer bank into the 4 I thought it was a good luck shot that obviously was a safety attempt gone wrong. So upon futher review it was a pretty damn good kick, with a little luck involved!

SPetty
03-07-2006, 04:05 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote recoveryjones:</font><hr> If someone could give me step by step info on how to upload it at the same site where the reyes kick was shown, I'm willing to upload it so others can see.<hr /></blockquote>Hi RJ,

If you get that step by step info, please share it with me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

recoveryjones
03-07-2006, 05:59 PM
For sure I will.

It would be cool to share video shots of ourselves and other professional match clips as another alternative to the Wei table.In that manner we could teach one another, as well as enjoy some more great shots.
RJ

heater451
03-08-2006, 04:25 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote recoveryjones:</font><hr> If someone could give me step by step info on how to upload it at the same site where the reyes kick was shown, I'm willing to upload it so others can see.<hr /></blockquote>Hi RJ,

If you get that step by step info, please share it with me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>Just follow the "Upload Video" menu selection. That will take you to a page with a "Browse. . ." button, from which you can go to your local clip. Then type in a title, select a category, throw in a keyword or two, and hit the "Upload Video !" button.

Oh, if it's a nude pool shot, check the "18+ / Adult Content" box. . . .

==================================

HALHOULE
03-08-2006, 11:31 PM
I BELIEVE THE MAN'S NAME IS CHAO, NOT CHOA. PRONOUNCED CHOW.

tjlmbklr
03-09-2006, 06:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote HALHOULE:</font><hr> I BELIEVE THE MAN'S NAME IS CHAO, NOT CHOA. PRONOUNCED CHOW. <hr /></blockquote>

I know how it's pronounced. And I wasn't 100% sure on the spelling. Nobody else seemed to care; i think the spelling of the name was irrelevant.

Opps I forgot to capitalize my "I" if that matters too.

That was sarcasm just so you know! LOL

billiard dave
03-09-2006, 03:33 PM
Believe me when I tell you, it was a HELL of a hit, but thats all it was - a hit. The fact that he made it, and got shape was luck. He knows it and Earl knew it-hense the veiled sarcasm.

theinel
03-09-2006, 10:16 PM
This shot is diagrammed in a book, a Capelle 9-Ball book I think but I'm not sure and can't find it right now. It's titled something like "The Shot Heard Round the World" and it really is. I knew it was available on film but haven't been able to get a copy. Thanks for chance to finally see it.

recoveryjones
03-09-2006, 11:30 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote billiard dave:</font><hr> Believe me when I tell you, it was a HELL of a hit, but thats all it was - a hit. The fact that he made it, and got shape was luck. He knows it and Earl knew it-hense the veiled sarcasm. <hr /></blockquote>

Was it a skillfull two rail kick?
Yes without a doubt.

Was it a lucky make with shape to boot?
No question, that part of the shot was extremley fortunate.

What made it really a HELL of a shot was the fact that it was hill-hill in the FINAL of a Major(The Sands Regencey Open) tourney, between (arguably) the two greatest 9 ballers of all time.

What I really liked was the the maturity of Reyes.First he seemingly lays a nice hook on Earl, only to fluke a ball and end up hooking himself.

Did he look frustrated or angry?
No, he just smiled and carefully surveyed the situation.
I know myself, I would have been pi$$ed and most likely done like dinner /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Did he panic?
No, Reyes kept his cool and made perhaps the greatest kick of all time.

The icing on the cake was the classy sportsmanship that Strickland showed.The Reyes kick, combined with Stricklands sportsmanship was probably one of pools greatest moments.
RJ

tjlmbklr
03-10-2006, 10:17 AM
I have to correct myself. Even though I have this match on tape and have watched it several times, I was too lazy to dig up the tape to accurately tell the story. It was the second shot of that game, Chao had two time outs and that game as a whole had to be one of the greatest. There was some great shot making, safety play and kick shots,all while holding their composer during this game. Considering that it was a sudden death game for all the marbles.

recoveryjones
03-10-2006, 11:29 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote tjlmbklr:</font><hr> I have to correct myself. Even though I have this match on tape and have watched it several times, I was too lazy to dig up the tape to accurately tell the story. It was the second shot of that game, Chao had two time outs and that game as a whole had to be one of the greatest. There was some great shot making, safety play and kick shots,all while holding their composer during this game. Considering that it was a sudden death game for all the marbles. <hr /></blockquote>

Yes I agree, that was a fantastic hill-hill game.Those tactical saftey/kick/hook battles that go on for 5 or more minutes are far more exciting than a basic runout.

In the end Bustamante hooked Chao on the 7, leaving him a long jump shot down table.Chao(very cool) pulled out his jump stick, made the 7 and ran out.It doesn't get much better than the hill-hill game they had, especially when the winner pocketed $50,000 and the loser got nothing.Considring the pressure, both players player brilliantly!!!
RJ

ps. If you want to see an absolutley phenominal kick-hook, kick return hook, tactical chess match saftey play masterpiece, get the Sands regencey Open 23 between Archer and reyes.This was also Hill-hill and the last game went at least 10 minutes.Watch these great players get hooked, kick and hook the other guy back over and over time and time again. This had to be one of the best games I've ever seen.