PDA

View Full Version : VALLEY FORGE INFO NEEDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

runout1961
03-06-2006, 06:34 PM
Hello All,

Like many on here I will be attending the super billiards expo. A friend of mine would like to come along but I was wondering how much to get in the door for a non player, and what time do they open the doors, and what time does the mens amateur touenament start???? It has been two years since I went last and I cannot remember. And lastly does anyone have directions to Markley Billiards from the convention center or possibly the address?

Thanks everyone, John

cueball1950
03-06-2006, 06:59 PM
i know that it usually runs around 20.00 for a pass. i believe that might be for a vip pass. amd i believe it is good for the whole day.................mike

dg-in-centralpa
03-06-2006, 07:20 PM
John,
The men's amateur starts at 11am on Thursday morning. Unless the prices went up, it costs $10 to get in the door and another $10 to see the pros with VIP seats being about $15-$20. This would be good for an afternoon or evening session. One pass doesn't get the whole day. Good luck on your draw, I'll look for you.

DG(Duane)

Rich R.
03-06-2006, 07:21 PM
I think you can get a weekend pass for general admission to the Expo for approximately $35, but I'm not positive about that amount. Again, I'm not sure, but I believe the daily rate is $10.
Tickets to the pro event is extra.

runout1961
03-06-2006, 07:24 PM
Do you know what time the doors open and what time the booths open up?

Rich R.
03-06-2006, 07:34 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote runout1961:</font><hr> Do you know what time the doors open and what time the booths open up? <hr /></blockquote>
Damn, I have a bad memory, so I can't tell you the exact time, but I do know you can get into the amateur tournament area pretty early with a players pass. They allow you to go in and practice.

dg-in-centralpa
03-06-2006, 07:56 PM
The doors generally open around 9am although not all the stands are open. The custom cue makers open somewhere about 11am.

DG

Voodoo Daddy
03-06-2006, 08:09 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cueball1950:</font><hr> i know that it usually runs around 20.00 for a pass. i believe that might be for a vip pass. amd i believe it is good for the whole day.................mike <hr /></blockquote>

You gotta pay to get in? /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

9 Ball Girl
03-06-2006, 08:44 PM
The Expo and some of the host hotels usually have flyers with the address and directions to the different neighboring pool rooms and what, if any, midnight tournaments there may be.

Rich R.
03-07-2006, 03:56 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> The Expo and some of the host hotels usually have flyers with the address and directions to the different neighboring pool rooms and what, if any, midnight tournaments there may be. <hr /></blockquote>If my half baked memory serves me right, when you pass through the main entrance to the expo, getting marked and stamped, etc., look to your right. There is usually a long table there, with tons of flyers, including those for the surrounding pool rooms and any tournaments they are having.

runout1961
03-07-2006, 05:27 AM
thanks everyone, see you all there!!!

John

CarolNYC
03-07-2006, 06:02 AM
Sorry John, I had to run out after I made a comment and didnt have a chance to see what else was here:
As for your question, I believe Duane is correct about the entry~10 bucks-pro,vip events are 15 or 20 same for artisitic pool,but NOT sure about that one-I personally am downstairs at 7 am-the doors are opened I believe at 8 am to allow players to practice-the vendors, I think 10-Im sorry about all this not sure and I think but thats what Im recalling-I will call Dawn today to get specifics for you-we did all the expo badges this past weekend-OMg-its was incredible~1500 player badges,then vendors,vip passes-anyways, player badge registration opens Wedsnesday evening upstairs at 7pm-I know that for sure!
See ya there!
carol

dg-in-centralpa
03-07-2006, 06:17 AM
Last year the cost was $5 to see the artistic pool. Although you don't see the stuff like you see on TV. That probably comes in the finals. They have many disciplines and everyone does the same thing. Nothing like Massey shooting a ball into a boot.

Duane

runout1961
03-07-2006, 06:18 AM
So I can go over there Wednseday and get my pass for the weekend(thursday-sunday)?

Rich R.
03-07-2006, 07:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote runout1961:</font><hr> So I can go over there Wednseday and get my pass for the weekend(thursday-sunday)? <hr /></blockquote>
You can get your player's pass, which is good for the weekend. The room is next to the restaurant, on the level above the main entrance to the Expo.
If you have a non-playing friend going with you, I don't think he will be able to get his pass at that time. They haven't been available on Wednesday in the past, although it has been suggested. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif
He will have to get his Expo pass at the box office on Thursday.

Don't feel slighted, I'm in the same situation as you.
I have to get my player's pass on Wednesday and the Expo pass for my non-player wife on Thursday.
When and where they have my tickets for the pro tournament is never certain. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

CarolNYC
03-07-2006, 08:13 AM
Players registration-Weds. evening 7 pm
Thurs-players only 8 am-
non players 11 am when vendors open
Fri,Sat,Sun, everyone 8 am
And there will be programs right at the front door,ah-ite
Hope that helps!
See ya,
Carol
ps-hey,have a safe trip! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

runout1961
03-07-2006, 08:25 AM
Tkanks Carol, that really helps a lot. See everyone there!!

John

dg-in-centralpa
03-07-2006, 08:55 AM
Steve,
We can't all get in on our good looks like you can. Some of us, me, needs lots of help.

Duane

CarolNYC
03-07-2006, 03:14 PM
ROFLMAO-dont worry Duane,
I did the exhibitor packages with guest badges,and hmmmmm..just happened to see a "Voodoo" Steve there for Omen,so I took the sticker and stuffed it down my shirt-ya know-to add more cleavage,ha ha ha ha-oh well~
He'll have to pay double,or find the name tag! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Hahahahahahahahahahah!

Carol

dg-in-centralpa
03-07-2006, 08:21 PM
Good! He'll enjoy that.

Duane

landshark77
03-09-2006, 07:39 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> I personally am downstairs at 7 am <hr /></blockquote>

Do you mean downstairs downstairs...where the pit is...or do you mean downstairs from your room??? I guess the question is will I see your smiling face at the door or do I gotta go down to the pit and search for ya??

CarolNYC
03-10-2006, 04:19 AM
Landshark,
HOW THE HECK ARE YOU? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif
At the entrance-meet&amp;greet,blah,blah,blah!!!!!!
I forgot to mention to John there is a pro-am Weds. evening-3 players-1 pro team-=25 per man-all donations-100% go to Junior scholorship program-have to be at arena by 5:30-pro-am starts 7 pm!

See ya,
Carol:):)

Voodoo Daddy
03-10-2006, 09:40 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> ROFLMAO-dont worry Duane,
I did the exhibitor packages with guest badges,and hmmmmm..just happened to see a "Voodoo" Steve there for Omen,so I took the sticker and stuffed it down my shirt-ya know-to add more cleavage,ha ha ha ha-oh well~
He'll have to pay double,or find the name tag! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Hahahahahahahahahahah!

Carol <hr /></blockquote>

If I didnt think it would piss Jimmy off...I look for it my pass no matter you hide it /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Voodoo~~~better just have her hand it to me /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif