PDA

View Full Version : help! keeping a pool table in my garage in az Q's?

toyota85
03-06-2006, 09:22 PM
Hi folks, new to to the board and somewhat new to pool. anyways my question is I currently live in az in the phnx area, and i just bought a pool table and plan on putting it in my garage. my concern is that in az here the summers are easily in the 110's. so imagine what the heat would be like in a garage. anyways should I be worried about storing it in my garage? will it ruin my table? the heat that is? any info is greatlly appreciated. thnx

FastJoey
03-07-2006, 12:40 AM
do not use bees wax for the joints when putting the slates together .use that other product which right now i can't remember the name.explain to your table mechanic he should know what i'm suggesting.

bsmutz
03-07-2006, 12:03 PM
Durham's Rock Hard Putty?

toyota85
03-07-2006, 04:42 PM
so i shouldn't worry too much aout the heat? it won't ruin the table itself? its a dry heat, there is no moisture in az! lol anyways anyother opions or help is greatlly appreciated. oh also do i need to tell the company who is putting it togeather for me about not using beewax or do you think they will know when they see it going in my garage? thnx again

bsmutz
03-08-2006, 10:13 AM
I think you'll be okay as long as the sun doesn't shine directly on the table through a window. This would probably fade the cloth over time. I put a small air conditioner in my garage along with a small heater, mostly to keep it comfortable enough to play. Of course, it doesn't get nearly as hot up here and definitely not as often. I would advise watching the table setup if at all possible. Search the posts here looking for table installation threads to find out what to watch out for. You could just ask what they plan on using to seal the seams due to your concerns about the heat affecting a wax sealer. Some people are just recreational players and don't really care how the table plays. Others are perfectionists. I don't know which one you are or if you are in between. If you care how the table plays, do some research and ask questions now. It may save you some time, money, and frustration later on.

toyota85
03-08-2006, 09:27 PM
thnx, I appreciate the info, unfortunatly i am a perfectionist. so i will voice my concerns to the company and see what they say, no windows in my garage, but i think i will need to look into getting a little plug in a/c! otherwise i guess i will just sweat it out! thnx again

Scott Lee
03-09-2006, 10:53 AM
toyota85...You'd be crazy not to put in an air conditioner.
It will easily top 100+ degrees in your garage, even on days when it's not overbearing outside (and then it could rise to 120 pretty easily...think about your closed up car, which reaches 150 in direct sunlight in minutes, not hours). To be comfortable playing, a maximum temp of 80 (less if you don't like to sweat) is desirable. jmo

Scott Lee

bsmutz
03-09-2006, 04:36 PM
If they have pool tables in hell, this could be good practice for the afterlife... /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif