PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to Pool School in Hartford?

StillLearnin
03-07-2006, 01:22 PM
Hi all!

After many months of lurking, I have finally "broken down" and registered (I was trying to avoid getting into spending a LOT of time posting), and this is my first post.

I'm curious as to whether anyone is planning on attending Randy G.'s pool school in Hartford in July. I am considering it, but I may be looking for 1) a way to get there (won't have a car) and 2) someplace to stay (will be checking with Shooters about area accommodations).

I thought if there were someone driving up from (or through) New York City, I might be able to hitch/arrange a ride.

It would also be nice to know who might be coming. If anyone has any thoughts/suggestions, I'd sure appreciate them.

Ciao!

Tom

pooltchr
03-07-2006, 07:05 PM
If you are truely serious about your game, walk, hitch-hike, or whatever...take a sleeping bag. You will not be sorry if you make the decision to get into that class. Hartford isn't that far away.
Steve

catscradle
03-09-2006, 11:22 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote StillLearnin:</font><hr> Hi all!

After many months of lurking, I have finally "broken down" and registered (I was trying to avoid getting into spending a LOT of time posting), and this is my first post.

I'm curious as to whether anyone is planning on attending Randy G.'s pool school in Hartford in July. I am considering it, but I may be looking for 1) a way to get there (won't have a car) and 2) someplace to stay (will be checking with Shooters about area accommodations).

I thought if there were someone driving up from (or through) New York City, I might be able to hitch/arrange a ride.

It would also be nice to know who might be coming. If anyone has any thoughts/suggestions, I'd sure appreciate them.

Ciao!

Tom <hr /></blockquote>

Tom,
I went last year and it was most useful. At least 1 assistant instructor was from NYC and another from NJ. If I were you I'd contact Randy G. directly and see if he can direct you to somebody. Last year it was listed as being Hartford, but it was really in a suburb. If it is the same this year you'll need to rent a car or hook up with somebody staying in the same hotel. I think even if it's in Hartford itself their public transportation isn't nearly as robust as NYC. If there is anyway you can do it, I'd recommend Randy.