PDA

View Full Version : cue care

nick55
03-09-2006, 03:12 PM
i am a relative newbie, i have been playing for years on and off but i would like to get a little more serious. i have been playing with a cuetec for a few years so i used their solution to clean the shaft. i just ordered a predator sneaky pete and i was wondering what you guys think is the best way to clean/care for the stick. thanks.

Billy_Bob
03-10-2006, 05:46 AM
I just use alcohol to wipe the finger oil off the shaft then burnish the shaft with a piece of leather.

Get the alcohol that is the highest percentage, then it contains less water. Also you can get those alcohol swab pads in a small individual packet (like doctors use). Then stick these in your case for when on the road. Get these at your local pharmacy. I'll use two of these to clean my shaft, then wipe dry with napkin, paper towel, or my shirt. Then burnish with leather.

For leather, go to a second hand store and buy an old leather purse or whatever. Get the kind that is not colored leather, but natural leather. Then cut it up with scissors into a 4 inch by 4 inch piece. Roll it around shaft and rub until shaft warm. (Tell the lady at the store checkout that you're buying accessories to go with the new shoes you bought the other day... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif )

Over time, your shaft will become quite smooth. If playing a lot, I clean/burnish once a day. And always before a tournament.

nick55
03-13-2006, 08:23 AM
is this pretty much the concesus among everyone? no need for those products?

Billy_Bob
03-13-2006, 09:15 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nick55:</font><hr> is this pretty much the concesus among everyone? no need for those products? <hr /></blockquote>

Ha! Not quite. Not much agreement about much of anything on billiards forums! But that is what makes it a learning experience. See what different people have to say, try the different things, then do what works best for you.

Might want to try posting your question on the main forum or on forums.azbilliards.com. You will see that I am in the minority with my advice...