PDA

View Full Version : WOW!

CarolNYC
02-17-2002, 03:37 PM
This board is something else! I like it! Just have to get use to it! Im singing "In the year 2525" ha ha ha!

LC3
02-17-2002, 03:45 PM
I knew I could count on Carol to see it optimistically.

02-17-2002, 04:09 PM
Carol, I was in Tampa yesterday and Jay gave me a copy of the photo you put on his website of Robles, Immomen and Hernandez. With their signatures. I also got each of the guys on the North team to sign an individual cue ball for me. So did Buddy Hall. They are a great bunch of guys and Ginky kept the crowd in stitches with his cheers or should I say jeers at Tommy Kennedy. All in good fun. You missed a good time. Wish I could have gone again today but it was a 100 mile trip. Jake

02-17-2002, 06:36 PM
Hi Carol & Jake -
http://home.mindspring.com/~a.carroll/_uimages/mighty.mouse.gif

Just wanted to see if I could link to a picture.

Pretty cool!

Sorry I missed Jake yesterday. Linda and I were at the Patriot Cup Games for a few hours. Nice to see and say hello to the players and Smorgasbored.

BTW Zuglan confirmed he did not run those balls.

I asked Varner if he kept a record of all his victories, he said he didn't, but wished he had. But, for those interested, Varner did say he had a lifetime winning record against both Strickland and Reyes.

One thing all the players whom I spoke to did agree on was that nobody ever missed a ball on them. /ccboard_2/images/icons/smile.gif - Howie

02-17-2002, 07:25 PM
Jake -

I assume this is the link to the picture you are talking about. [A second picture taken of Pete Margo is below, as they were evidently scanned together]. I tried linking it here but, for some reason, it won't take. Perhaps, it is to big a file. - Howie

http://pooltournamentcentral.com/viewpic.asp?pid=20

02-17-2002, 07:35 PM
Hope fully they will get those handy options turned on as well.

(Scott notices howie knows a little about UBB stuff too)

Sid_Vicious
02-17-2002, 09:55 PM
A real smart administrator would have left a switch for those who wanted the old view from yesterday's format as one of their options. I'm not sure what you find to enjoy with this new board Carol, 'cause I have found this new board format clumsy and inflexible to what I liked to do on the CCB as it used to be. May be some bells and whistles of value here but as long as the similiarity(or lack of) to the old board is what is appears here today, I ain't happy and it's not some place I'd recommend friends to come visit.

I am curious though, what is it that you like???sid

02-17-2002, 09:58 PM
SId can you please share with me your set up in your preferences from yout "My Home" page. I am hoping I can help you out.

jjinfla
02-17-2002, 11:01 PM
Is that a picture of you flying around on your post Howie? Looks like all went well with your surgery. Recouperative powers seem to still be working. I couldn't get anywhere with your link but it is the third picture from the bottom on the right titled "These are my best. Mika, Tony, Frankie & Pete Margo." Only there is no Pete Margo in photo and it is Tony, Mika and Frankie in that order. Where were you sitting? I was on the side of the table with the coin slot. 2nd from the end. And I think Joe Gibbs was sitting next to me. It didn't dawn on me until I got home and heard about the helicopter crash. But I probably am wrong. Did you see Jay? He found a game out front but didn't look too happy. Jake~~~missed Howie for the 2nd time.

Jay M
02-17-2002, 11:42 PM
I was just kicking some balls around with Pat Howey who just moved down here from up north. He pretty much slaughtered me at straight pool. I did get a chance to play some against Max Eberle as well and played much better than I did against Pat. I did say hi to Howie and Linda and we talked a bit.

You are correct, that was the picture that I printed for you. I cut the picture off to remove Pete Margo from the one I got signed for you (I think it would have been quite a trip to go get Pete's signature).

02-18-2002, 01:16 AM
Jake...Well, I was "flying" all around the tournament room during my short stay. At one point In fact at about 4PM I'm sure I was sitting right behind you with Danny Reyes and Skip Judge. [The guy whose friend pulled a .45 on me the last time we played at his house. I thought we might play again /ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif].

During the Ray Martin straight pool game I was sitting ringside right behind Tony Robles. Hard to see through his head. Good thing they missed so much as I never had to wait too long to get an unobstructed view. Glad I only paid for general admission.I didn't stay to watch the finish, but rather Kibitzed outside with Varner and Buddy. Who won?

We had to leave because of my old dog Snowy, who is seventeen and blind, was home alone with his seeing eye cat Tipper.

On my way out I asked Doug to say Hi to all the CCB people I missed, including you, Ken and Ace. I'm surprised none of you came over to me, as I did sweep through kinda like MM. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif - Howie

02-18-2002, 02:54 AM
Jay...I saw you playing Pat, as I was leaving, but didn't wantto distub both of you.

Figured you would have linked the picture in question, but guess you took my word that it wouldn't work.

Well, I went back to your site to take another look. I found out that the URL I had copied from my browser was not in fact the actual URL for the picture itself. I determined that by right clicking on the picture and selecting properties. So, here it is. - Howie:

http://pooltournamentcentral.com/pics/mikaetc.jpg

02-18-2002, 03:06 AM
Tried to edit this post just now to remove the link as the one I supplied was incorrect. The picture in question was subsequently posted by me in this thread.

This program would not allow me to edit this by saying:

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

We cannot proceed.

We encountered a problem. The reason reported was:

This post can no longer be edited because the maximum edit time has expired

This is not necessarily an error. If you feel this is an error then it could be something as simple as your browser not being set to accept cookies. If you feel this error is a problem with the server then please contact webmaster@billiardsdigest.com and let us know what exactly went wrong so it can be fixed as soon as possible. Otherwise, please use your back button to return to the previous page.

<hr></blockquote>

I'm not certain how long it is before you can no longer edit a post, but it must be too short. On other boards I go to there is no time limit to edit a post. - Howie

Note: Upon reading the Faq I found out there is a six hour time limit to edit:

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Users can edit their own posts up to 6 hours after they are made. Where the change is substantive, you should mark the post as edited so as to alert viewers to the changed content. For cosmetic changes it's better not to do so.

<hr></blockquote>

IMHO It's whacky to have a six hour time limit, but what do I know? - Howie

CarolNYC
02-18-2002, 05:16 AM
Sid,
I like the way you see the responses to the thread at first sight-on the old board, you had to click on the thread to see the responses-and Im like a little kid, you can add these little icons to it /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif
Carol

CarolNYC
02-18-2002, 05:30 AM
HI Jake,
That is so wonderful-what a great idea! I absolutely LOVE that picture and Im glad it is spreading some happiness! A friend of mine has certain paper you can use and print out the picture so that it actually looks like an enlarged 8x10-I am going to pick some up and try it.And I'm glad you had a great time-wish I could have been there!
Its always pleasure,Jake-
Carol

CarolNYC
02-18-2002, 05:34 AM
"Here he comes to save the day!"
Howie, thats great!LMAO

CarolNYC
02-18-2002, 05:44 AM
That was very sweet-I just think we should all keep our chins up!:)I am not a computer whiz, to me, this is a challenge,ha ha ha-as a matter of fact, Howie is the one who assists me in posting pictures-Thankyou Howie!
And LC-stay well!
Carol

jjinfla
02-18-2002, 10:06 AM
Howie, I didn't know any of you guys were there. I thought Ken, Doug and Ace were going on Sunday. So there were at least 6 from the CCB in one place, at the same time. That can be dangerous. Biliards Digest was announced as one of the sponsors and I thought of having them ask if anyone from the CCB was there but I didn't do it. Jake

SPetty
02-18-2002, 12:06 PM
Carol, seeing all the responses to a thread was very easily doable with the old CCB. That part of this board is nothing new.

SPetty
02-18-2002, 12:09 PM
It's not really wacky to have a time limit, because if I've already read your post, I won't know to read it again due to changed content. By having a time limit, you're required to post anew, at which time I'll see that there's a new post to read and I'll be able to appreciate your added comments!

jjinfla
02-18-2002, 03:40 PM
Ray won over Zuglan, 100 - 93. At the end it looked like they couldn't decide who was supposed, er wanted, to win. Just kidding. Ray had runs of 21 and 25 and Mike had a run of 33 and it looked like he would run out and missed an easy one. That table sure looked fast. It looked like it took no power to make the cue ball go 27 feet. Jake

02-18-2002, 04:05 PM
Jim...I might be wrong, but I think all of the players got $1,000 for just showing up, and therefore, aside from "bragging rights" to the "Cup", they weren't really playing for anything. I think that takes away from the quality of play at the event. Frankly, I got tired of them missing balls and playing sloppy. Also, the Website said it was going to be to 150 points, so I'm glad I left before it was over.I wonder how guys on the side who thought they were betting on a longer match felt? /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif - Howie

02-18-2002, 10:01 PM
Jake...I believe you meant to say that Ray beat Robles in straight pool. I should know because I was snickering a bit with Mike on the sidelines during their play. Mike must have been sitting right behind you. - Howie

PS you can no longer edit your post because more than six hours have elapsed, so your error is here for eternity. /ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif

CarolNYC
02-19-2002, 05:28 AM
Thank you-dont mind me, the age must be creeping in!:)

Tom_In_Cincy
02-19-2002, 05:32 PM
Carol,

Please say hi to Gayle on your visit with her, for me..
Thanks

CarolNYC
02-19-2002, 06:54 PM
Absolutely,Tom,will do!

Stay well!
carol

Ken
02-19-2002, 06:58 PM
Jake, That table came from Derby City but they replaced the Simonis 860 with Granito to see what the players thought of it. The players said it was too fast but that was obvious to any observer. J. Lee played on it Monday and had problems with the speed also. Ken