PDA

View Full Version : cloth replacement for home table

pocketcrazy
03-10-2006, 07:49 AM
Going to recover my Valley Coin Op that is used in my garage at home with family and friends and have question on the type of cloth to use. A local fabric broker has just started carrying a 100 acrylic pool/games table felt and wondered what the thoughts are on using this type of product. It is 17 (Cdn)dollars a meter but haven't seen the stuff yet...most of the materials I see online are a blend of Wool and acrylic, etc. Any advice would be good. I don't plan on playing in tournaments just as a passtime.
thanks

mworkman
03-12-2006, 07:53 AM
If you are a league player, I would put the kind of cloth that matches the speed of the bar you play at. If not, I would get a fast cloth like Championship Tour Ed. 3030. You can get it on ebay for about $135.00. This may seem like a lot but, it will last a lot longer then the cheaper stuff. Plus, it will be more fun to play on because you have more options available because you can use more rails with less effort.

ceebee
03-12-2006, 09:18 AM
I like the Championship cloth too. A fast cloth on a Bar Box helps me stay in touch with my cue ball, so I don't get in trouble. The fabric wears well & the cloth is a pleasure to play on. New rails are great too.