PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know anything about this.....

tjlmbklr
03-12-2006, 10:20 AM
I ran across this and was wondering if anyone knows about it and/or how it works

Sight Right (http://www.sightrightuk.com/eyes.htm)

supergreenman
03-13-2006, 12:30 PM
I figure this is about the equivalent to an action figure for pool players. But I've never seen or used it so what do I know.

There's no replacement for hardwork and experience IMO

James

Bob_Jewett
03-13-2006, 01:09 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote tjlmbklr:</font><hr> I ran across this and was wondering if anyone knows about it and/or how it works

Sight Right (http://www.sightrightuk.com/eyes.htm) <hr /></blockquote>
They don't really give enough info on the web site to figure out how it works, presumably to prevent copying, but it looks similar to an aiming aid that Harold Worst (I think) was marketing 40 years ago. It looks like you have to set up the pad with the straight line on it along the line of the shot and then match your stick to the line. Or maybe it's something else.

cushioncrawler
03-13-2006, 03:02 PM
Yearz ago i checked the alignment etc of the ozzie national snooker champ, who woz allso in the same year the national billiardz champ, &amp; who might have been in the same year the national 9-ball champ (had he entered) -- i have checked lots of playerz, but he had the worst alignment etc of any -- he aimed off-center on the qball, &amp; the cue pointed right of target, &amp; the backswing &amp; forwardswing were somewhere else -- but he rarely missed a pot (this iz on a 12' table). Only one player (a young keen guy, who allso recieved lots of pro coaching) that i tested had a perfect alignment -- he gave the game away. But, who knowz, the gizmo might help someone somewhere.

marek
03-17-2006, 02:09 AM
Not sure if the gizmo can help but the article from snooker legend Steve Davis on their web site surely CAN! I have read it very carefully and the article itself has all the info needed to get rid of "the paralax error". He describes a test through which you can find out if you have your eyes on the aiming line. I have tried it and it really works. I dont think the gizmo is needed if you apply the knowledge from this article properly. JMO