PDA

View Full Version : Impeachment... You Can Make a Difference....

Gayle in MD
03-13-2006, 10:23 AM
http://thomas.loc.gov

Once you get there, there is a drop down menu, find Conyers, (Michigan) and check out Resolutions...R635, R636, R637, R643. These are all resolutions that will lead to impeachment proceedings against Bush, and Cheney.

Then go to www.House.Gov (http://www.House.Gov) and e-mail your Congressman and Senators for your state, requesting their support.

Gayle in Md.

Let us hope, that with the good possibility of Democrats re-gaining a majority in the House and the Senate, we will have the opportunity to hold this administration responsible for their illegal, immoral activities.

nAz
03-13-2006, 11:07 AM
I think i may do this... however is it possible that i can have the entire goverment inpeached? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

moblsv
03-13-2006, 01:52 PM
OK, but I live in Utah.

People here are kind of slow to understand things without the churches help

Top Bush states by one poll

1 Utah 58% 39%
2 Idaho 55% 43%
3 Alabama 53% 44%

Cueless Joey
03-13-2006, 06:24 PM
Impeach Bush?
Wouldn't that make Cheney the president? /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif
Leathal injection or firing squad?

Gayle in MD
03-14-2006, 12:16 AM
If you check out the resolution numbers, you'll see how we could get rid of both of them. While Specter has as much as called Gonzalas a liar, and is calling him back for more questions regarding the illegal wire taps, these sanctions being called for by Feingold, and Conyers are important. Democrats in Congress need to know that many people think that this president broke the law, and want a full scale investigation into the stated matters. Misleading the Nation on the path to war, torture, illegal wire taps, all these things must be addressed. Those of us who care about our democracy, should contact our representatives, both in the house, and the senate.

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in Md.

eg8r
03-14-2006, 05:09 AM
Go, Go, Go!!!! C'mon everyone, Gayle is leading the charge....Impeach the Prez. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

DickLeonard
03-14-2006, 09:36 AM
Eg8r Now your starting to see the light. Can you imagine Eg8r and pooltchr both having an awakening.####

Gayle in MD
03-14-2006, 02:47 PM
NO! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

9 Ball Girl
03-14-2006, 08:20 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DickLeonard:</font><hr> Eg8r Now your starting to see the light. Can you imagine Eg8r and pooltchr both having an awakening.#### <hr /></blockquote>Dick, they're all beginning to see the light. I read somewhere, I've gotta find the article, where Sandra Day O'Connor, whom I would label as a moderate conservative, was giving some sort of speech at a university full of would-be lawyers and she said something like, "Be careful, because we're probably going to be going into dictatorship soon."

I'll find the article.

pooltchr
03-14-2006, 08:43 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DickLeonard:</font><hr> Eg8r Now your starting to see the light. Can you imagine Eg8r and pooltchr both having an awakening.#### <hr /></blockquote>

####,
I have been trying to SHINE the light. GW is good in some areas, not so good in others as I have stated numerous times. I don't think he is the best president we ever had, nor do I think he is the worst. I still feel better knowing we never had to find out just how bad Kerry or Algor would have been.
If I had my way, I wouldn't see a single incumbent returned to Washington. Maybe a whole new bunch might just be able to get something accomplished and not be carrying all the political baggage that the morons we have there now are carrying.
All any of them want is to keep their party in power, and get re-elected. I didn't vote for any of them to get re-elected, I voted for them to do a job. Not very many seem to understand that concept. They work for you and me, not for the party leaders!
I think GW is doing a fair to good job on the war on terror. I think he sucks economically. Iraq is more than I think he anticipated, but the fact that he won't back down I see as a good thing. We are there, get it fixed!
GW came into Washington with an attitude. He basically told all the "insiders" that he really didn't care what they thought. He had his own ideas, he was going to impliment them as best he could, and he was going to spend as little time as possible in the city. He makes no secret that he doesn't like many of the people there. I can't blame him for that...I think most of them are pretty slimy myself. What do they say? If you wrestle with pigs you all get muddy, but the pigs like it!
I have been labeled by some more closed minded posters here as a devout follower of GW (bushite is the term I believe that was used) but I have only pointed out that some of the bashing that goes on toward him is not correct nor deserved. He may not be a great president, but I still think he was the lessor of two evils in the previous elections.
If that is not "seeing the light" then I guess I am really in the dark.
Steve

Qtec
03-14-2006, 09:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

How many vacation days has George W. Bush taken to date as president? How does that compare with Clinton?
Vince
West Hollywood, California

Dear Vince:
While the president of the United States is never completely on vacation, most commanders-in-chief manage to enjoy a respite from the daily grind during their stay the White House. George W. Bush seems to have taken this to the extreme early in his tenure as president. A humorous, fake resume for Bush suggests that he set the record for most days on vacation by any president in U.S. history -- a bit of an exaggeration, but still cause for some teasing.
According to an August 2003 article in the Washington Post, President Bush has spent all or part of 166 days during his presidency at his Crawford, Texas, ranch or en route. Add the time spent at or en route to the presidential retreat of Camp David and at the Bush family estate in Kennebunkport, Maine, and Bush has taken 250 days off as of August 2003. That's 27% of his presidency spent on vacation. Although to be fair, much of this time is classified as a "working vacation."

Bush isn't the first president to get away from his work. George Bush Sr. took all or part of 543 vacation days at Camp David and in Kennebunkport. Ronald Reagan spent 335 days at or en route to his Santa Barbara, California, ranch during his eight years in office. Of recent presidents, Jimmy Carter took the least days off -- only 79 days, which he usually spent at his home in Georgia. That's less than three weeks a year, which is closer to the average American's paid time off of 13 days per year.

What about Clinton? As of December 1999, President Bill Clinton had spent only 152 days on holiday during his two terms, according to CBS News. A former staffer noted Clinton was such a workaholic that "it almost killed Clinton to take one-week vacations during August." In 2000, Clinton cut his summer vacation short to just three days, so he and his wife could concentrate on her Senate race and fundraising for Democrats. While we couldn't find the exact tally for Clinton's last year in office, it's reasonable to expect he didn't increase his vacation rate. And in barely three years in office, George W. Bush has already taken more vacation than Clinton did in seven years.

<hr /></blockquote>

/ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Q .................thought there was a war on?

pooltchr
03-15-2006, 06:22 AM
Q, as was pointed out in the beginning of your post, the President of this country is never on "vacation". They may be away from Washington, but I can guarantee that they are putting in far more working hours every day than the large majority of the rest of us...even when they are "on vacation". The job doesn't stop, and most of the time, it can be done from most anywhere. I would challenge anyone on this board to work as hard at anything as ANY president does at that job.
Take a look at photos of any president on the day they were elected and compare it to a photo when they left office. Every one of them will show a marked difference in apperance from the stress and long hours put into the job for 4 or 8 years. It's a thankless job that will wear down anyone who takes it on.
I will guarantee that every president we have had did not take a single day while in office that they didn't spend some amount of time working.
Steve

eg8r
03-15-2006, 06:38 AM
You are right, the answer is no. I am not finally beginning to see any light. I have known all along you hated W, this is not new. I just found it a bit humorous seeing you lead the charge.

So, any chance you have filled out all the necessary paperwork for your new campaign? I am sure Hillary is quivering in her boots. When is the first fund raising dinner? Maybe I will pay to attend. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

eg8r

moblsv
03-15-2006, 07:25 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr>I read somewhere, I've gotta find the article, where Sandra Day O'Connor, whom I would label as a moderate conservative, was giving some sort of speech at a university full of would-be lawyers and she said something like, "Be careful, because we're probably going to be going into dictatorship soon."<hr /></blockquote>

NPR had a segment on it.
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5255712

Funny, I would have thought the "Liberal Press" would have been all over this &lt;/sarcasm&gt;