PDA

View Full Version : Post deleted by ccboard_admin

07-03-2002, 10:11 AM

07-03-2002, 12:16 PM
The "Bushwacker" was one of the greatest players in the USA, might still be. He resides in Pa.....randyg

07-03-2002, 03:19 PM
"The "Bushwacker" was one of the greatest players in the USA, might still be. He resides in Pa"

Yes he was, and still plays pretty mean pool. You can find him at Lucky Break Billiards in Indiania PA.
JB

Vagabond
07-03-2002, 07:52 PM
Howdy,
The term is not known Nation wide.It may be a local term.
By the way, I have not seen any road player following pro players and give them 8 etc.In the pool history only two people were able to do that.(1)David Howard,a cockey Floridian, who subsequently played in pro tour and won US open two times and came runner up two times.(2) Mark Tad from Saltlake City,UT who found Jesus after he got very badly beaten by some one in Washington, DC area.Mark does not play pool these days.He was quoted to have said to players like Buddy Hall `` Hey buddy,I will give u 8.There might be some players who might be better than some pros but they can`t give 8.If u know some road player who could do that let your friend tell him that Vagabond`s friends are waiting for that opportunity. No worries mate!!
Vagabond

Jay M
07-03-2002, 08:45 PM
They are still out there. At Q-Masters during the US Open, there was a guy that walked in one night and announced to the room that he was looking for a game. There were quite a few pros there including Stalev, Kennedy(yes, I know he doesn't gamble any more, but he was there), Townsend, Ogburn and a few others there. No one took the guy up on his offer. I don't know who he was, but no one even talked to him about weight.

Jay M