PDA

View Full Version : New and Improved Wei Table coming soon...

Fran Crimi
03-14-2006, 07:38 AM
FYI...

I ran into Wei the other day who told me that he's just about completed his new Wei table with more functions. He was kind enough to link me to his prototype and I have to say that it's truly awesome!

There will be a bit of a learning curve as the functions are a bit more complex, although it's totally user-friendly.

Wei says it will open to the public for free, as before, and will be launched in a few days---however, it will continue to be a work-in-progress.

Some new features will be:

-- You can throw out all the balls (full rack or 9 Ball) at random with one mouse click.

-- You can rack the balls (full rack or 9 Ball) with one mouse click.

--Drawing lines and arrows are easier and FUN.

--With one mouse click you can transfer the balls to the end of their paths.

--Copying and pasting will be a different process since this will be a URL address.

--You can write text into the body of the table.

And much more...

Fran

Cornerman
03-14-2006, 08:28 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr> FYI...

I ran into Wei the other day who told me that he's just about completed his new Wei table with more functions. He was kind enough to link me to his prototype and I have to say that it's truly awesome! <hr /></blockquote>

I think someone on another site jumped the gun and announced it.

http://cuetable.com/

Fred

SpiderMan
03-14-2006, 11:37 AM
Fred,

Does the contrast on that pageappear extremely low? Does for me.

SpiderMan

Fran Crimi
03-14-2006, 11:50 AM
Bad on them.

He said it wasn't ready to be launched yet.

Fran

Cornerman
03-14-2006, 01:51 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> Fred,

Does the contrast on that pageappear extremely low? Does for me.

SpiderMan <hr /></blockquote>Very low contrast. I assume he'll get that feedback. To my knowledge, the site wasn't finished and is still a work in progress.

Fred

nAz
03-14-2006, 03:30 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr> Bad on them.

He said it wasn't ready to be launched yet.

Fran <hr /></blockquote>

Ya Fran it definitely is not ready for release lots of glitches... unless he made it a beta-release.

MacGyver
03-16-2006, 12:55 AM
It's way too bloated and slow...

I mean the ability to draw a zone is super nice, and so is the ability to move ball to end of path, but honestly most of the other features are uneeded and only make it too big and slow.

Fran Crimi
03-16-2006, 08:36 AM
I think it's great.

And so is Wei for doing this. He really doesn't have to, you know...

Fran

BigRigTom
03-16-2006, 09:08 AM
I agree with Fran, it is great that anyone would take the time and put in the effort to do something like this for practically nothing more than a little publicity.
Anyone finding problems should contact the author and report them so he can fix that and improve the whole for every one.