PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Trudeau - very interesting person!!

marek
03-15-2006, 03:05 AM
Hi people!
I have recently searched for any info who Kevin Trudeau really is as a bussiness person. As I havent heard of KT until IPT I was just curious about his background. And the facts that I found really made me feel quite uncomfortable about him. Here I post some links:

http://www.mlmsurvivor.com/felon.htm

http://skepdic.com/trudeau.html

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/health/trudeau.html

Right now I am not quite sure if KT is good or bad for the world of pool but I am quite confident that the future of KT is VERY unsure! /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif Well no one can argue about the fact the he is able bussinessman but no one can argue about mental skills of Hanibal Lecter as well... /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
KT as a boss of world pool? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif Not sure if I like the idea.

P.s.: I dont know if this topic has been here before so if it has I apologize.. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Rich R.
03-15-2006, 03:56 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote marek:</font><hr>And the facts that I found really made me feel quite uncomfortable about him. <hr /></blockquote>
Marek, KT has been discussed on this forum and many others.
The bottom line is, a lot of people feel quite uncomfortable about him. He may be the best thing that has ever happened to pool, but I think everyone is keeping a close eye on him too.

mikeindayton
03-15-2006, 03:57 AM
Hello marek! I have read some of the sites and the testimonials and /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gifthis can't be good. The only thing i can say is getting money from the i'll and the easily persuaded people for bogus crap is not cool, but i can tell you this, you sure don't do it to people that play with sticks for a hobby /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif chances are one of those people will catch up you and want to play pool on your !@#$%^ /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif Thank you for posting this very interesting, those who don't know about this should!!!

Pool Players Kick Butt!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eg8r
03-15-2006, 06:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
KT as a boss of world pool? Not sure if I like the idea. <hr /></blockquote> I am sure you would have a change of heart if you were sitting in Efrens shoes and KOTH.

eg8r

eg8r
03-15-2006, 06:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
chances are one of those people will catch up you and want to play pool on your !@#$%^ <hr /></blockquote> Kevin is not worried, his "Little Man" was walking behind him all day long at the KOTH. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

marek
03-15-2006, 10:20 AM
Hey dont get me wrong! This kind of money KT is willing to put in our game is wonderful thing! I am just curious what would happen to IPT and pool world if KT gets arrested for breaking the law in other areas of his bussiness outside of pool (which is not impossible judging by the info I found on the web - he already served his time behind bars in early 90s because of fraud!!!). Just curious... /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

PlynSets
03-17-2006, 03:47 AM
You know my girlfriend is very much into the "herbal" deals. I have a whole medicine cabinet full of herbal this and that. So much crap I wouldn't even attempt to know what half of it does.. I tell her it's crap, but she claims it works for her and that's all that she cares about. When I mention placebo's work for some people she gives me that look like I'm the ignorant one of the two of us.. LOL (I think she might be right on that one..)

While I think it's great that the sport of pool is finally getting some real money pumped into it, where the money comes from is what concerns me. Dirty money is dirty money, and no good can come from it. That's the bottom line right there.. From the first time I saw the cover of his book (natural cures) I thought to myself "con man." He's taking advantage of the stupid (long story short) and the sick, and especially the fearfull. While he might make millions doing it, I don't think I'd want any of that prize money. Becuase the money is dirty, and therefore everything you buy with it is dirty as well.

I think hustling pool is more straight up then what this guy does for a living.. LOL

This will be a short lived experience in the grand sceme of things. Pool has been around for centuries, the IPT in the end will probably end up being another black dot on that timeline.

DJ

hondo
03-17-2006, 09:26 AM
Just my 2 cents. My wife bought his book
and it was a major rip-off. What does that
tell you?

eg8r
03-17-2006, 02:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
tell you? <hr /></blockquote> It tells us that you did not like the information Kevin tried to pass on. It also tells us your money would have been better spent by sending in your application/fee to join the IPT.

eg8r

hondo
03-17-2006, 10:09 PM
Is that all it told you? Jesus, you sound like one
of those pathetic 37% who still believe in GW.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
tell you? <hr /></blockquote> It tells us that you did not like the information Kevin tried to pass on. It also tells us your money would have been better spent by sending in your application/fee to join the IPT.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

Deeman3
03-18-2006, 07:13 AM
I don't want to get everyone's panites in a wad here but since when did most pool players worry about:

A) The reputation of people putting up money for any type of tournament?

B) Whom they associate with?

C) The legitimacy of the business interests of the people who run the tournaments?

We, like it or not, are of a group that believes a piece of wood and plastic that costs $1200 will serve a much better purpose than one that costs $50, that aliens actually abduct people and try sexual experiments on them during their sleep, that making our sport an olympic event will somehow change its status, that every year pays billions for prescription drugs that have more side effects than benefits, that treats Dale Earnhardt as a rectified saint, that believes it really matters whos in the White House and that, in secret, each believe we are only a couple of shots away from wiping the floor with Earl Strictland..... /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Let's just play the hand out and see what goes down. I hope everyone in the game gets rich. If not, I'll start the Deemanocratic League based on my recently found cure for baldness and boredom.....

Deeman

eg8r
03-20-2006, 10:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Is that all it told you? <hr /></blockquote> That is all you said. Sorry for your hard feelings and money spent on a book you did not care for. Save your money and use a little common sense and get a library card. If you are going to get this hot and bothered over $25.00 should you really be wasting it on a book?

eg8r

hondo
03-20-2006, 11:09 AM
First, mindless defenses of Bush &amp; now mindless
defenses of trudeau. You really are a special
person, eg.
And, yes, I have a library card and, yes, I was
pissed off about the bucks. Did you read the
book or are you just jabbering without knowing
what you're talking about again.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
Is that all it told you? <hr /></blockquote> That is all you said. Sorry for your hard feelings and money spent on a book you did not care for. Save your money and use a little common sense and get a library card. If you are going to get this hot and bothered over $25.00 should you really be wasting it on a book?

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

PlynSets
03-20-2006, 04:20 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr> I don't want to get everyone's panites in a wad here but since when did most pool players worry about:

C) The legitimacy of the business interests of the people who run the tournaments?

We, like it or not, are of a group that believes a piece of wood and plastic that costs $1200 will serve a much better purpose than one that costs $50, that aliens actually abduct people and try sexual experiments on them during their sleep, that making our sport an olympic event will somehow change its status, that every year pays billions for prescription drugs that have more side effects than benefits, that treats Dale Earnhardt as a rectified saint, that believes it really matters whos in the White House and that, in secret, each believe we are only a couple of shots away from wiping the floor with Earl Strictland..... /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Let's just play the hand out and see what goes down. I hope everyone in the game gets rich. If not, I'll start the Deemanocratic League based on my recently found cure for baldness and boredom.....

Deeman <hr /></blockquote>
Good Points. I think people are concerned though becuase this is going to put it very much into the public eye. Even if it promotes the sport for awhile, maybe 1% of joe Q public is going to pay attention. Now if the promoter goes to jail, and there's all kinds of scandal now 30% of joe Q public is looking at it and saying "f'n pool players.. it figures." Just wondering if sometimes no publicity is better then some good and ALOT of bad?

DJ

eg8r
03-21-2006, 07:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
First, mindless defenses of Bush &amp; now mindless
defenses of trudeau. You really are a special
person, eg.
And, yes, I have a library card and, yes, I was
pissed off about the bucks. Did you read the
book or are you just jabbering without knowing
what you're talking about again.
<hr /></blockquote> Listen honduh, I am not defending anyone. You made a statement about the book and somehow tried to correlate your reaction to the intent of the author. Sorry but no one is "buying" it. Next time, wait till the book is at the library, if you hate, you are not out the money. Your first post said nothing but a dumb remark hoping people would see Kevin in some light given the fact your wife did not like a book. Who cares if your wife liked the book or not, that says nothing about Kevin. The only thing mindless here has been your approach.

eg8r

Deeman3
03-21-2006, 08:04 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote PlynSets:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr> I don't want to get everyone's panites in a wad here but since when did most pool players worry about:

Good Points. I think people are concerned though becuase this is going to put it very much into the public eye. Even if it promotes the sport for awhile, maybe 1% of joe Q public is going to pay attention. Now if the promoter goes to jail, and there's all kinds of scandal now 30% of joe Q public is looking at it and saying "f'n pool players.. it figures." Just wondering if sometimes no publicity is better then some good and ALOT of bad?

DJ <hr /></blockquote> <font color="blue">

DJ,

I don't know. See the U.S. Open's sponsor has been in the rack quite a few times and it does not stop that from being a big success. Baseball, college football and many other sports have been tarnished by a lot of scandals but the games were never punished. </font color>

Deeman

hondo
03-21-2006, 09:43 AM
Sorry but no one is "buying" it. Next time, wait till the book is at the library,

.................................................. ...
No one is buying it? So now you speak for everyone
on here? I repeat. Did you read the book?
We were really impressed with his infomercial offering
"cures" the drug companies don't want you to know
about. In the book he says he'd love to reveal the
cures but the drug companies would sue him.
When I posted I thought I would get a response
from someone who read the book OR someone who
would question the content of the book.
But, no, I get you with your usual uninformed,
mindless insults.
BTW, you mean his book is in libraries with all
his earth-shaking revalations? Wow, he can't
make any money that way.

eg8r
03-22-2006, 10:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote> Whether I read it or not has nothing to do with whether or not Kevin is the person you think he is just because of a bad purchase on your end. There are people out there that liked his book and they might think he is god for writing it. I take their extreme reaction with a grain of salt just like I am taking yours.

[ QUOTE ]
mindless insults.
<hr /></blockquote> Which part was uninformed? My first reply was that you might have been better off paying the application fee and getting on the IPT. At least there you would be gauranteed 13k even if you went in an lost every single match. What is so uninformed about that? The issue with your reaction to my post is that you have an attitude problem every time you see a post of mine. That is something you need to deal with. For some reason you don't like to be challenged, again that is your issue.

eg8r

PlynSets
03-22-2006, 10:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> Sorry but no one is "buying" it. Next time, wait till the book is at the library,

mindless insults.
make any money that way. <hr /></blockquote>

Not getting involved with the pissing contest in anyway.. But in reading it I want to get one thing straight.

On the infomercial (which I did see) he claims in his book he'll give you the cures that "the man" doesn't want you to know about.. So you buy the book and he claims they'll sue him if he gives them to you? So if you read the whole book there's no actual "natural cures?"

DJ /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

hondo
03-22-2006, 11:16 AM
Exactly. That's why we were so annoyed when we got
the book. It seemed like the classic rip-off to us.
Which, in our minds , spoke volumes about the author.
He does say in the book that he has a video( $59.95?)
that does offer a few more examples. Maybe eg's
friends bought the video &amp; that's why they're so
impressed.

Not getting involved with the pissing contest in anyway.. But in reading it I want to get one thing straight.

On the infomercial (which I did see) he claims in his book he'll give you the cures that "the man" doesn't want you to know about.. So you buy the book and he claims they'll sue him if he gives them to you? So if you read the whole book there's no actual "natural cures?"

DJ /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif <hr /></blockquote>

DebraLiStarr
03-22-2006, 11:18 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote PlynSets:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> Sorry but no one is "buying" it. Next time, wait till the book is at the library,

mindless insults.
make any money that way. <hr /></blockquote>

DJ /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Yes. Exactly. You get it. Congratulations, you just wasted your money. lol!!!
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r
03-22-2006, 02:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote> None he is giving away. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif It is his game of tag, you are it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Now you need a way to swindle $25 out of his pocket. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

eg8r
03-22-2006, 02:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe eg's
friends bought the video &amp; that's why they're so
impressed.
<hr /></blockquote> LOL, yeah but the video had another offer for an encyclopedia of natural cures on CD for only $89.99. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r

supergreenman
03-22-2006, 02:38 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr> I don't want to get everyone's panites in a wad here but since when did most pool players worry about:

Thank you so much for putting this silly thread to bed once and for all. who cares what kind of person KT is, what kind of books he sells, and whether he's an alien from a distant planet trying to use pool to subjugate the population of the planet.

JMHO

James

hondo
03-23-2006, 07:28 AM
You're absolutely right. I can't believe I was
silly enough to bring the man's integrity into
the post. What does integrity have to do with
anything anymore? Silly, silly me. Thanks for
putting me in my place.

Thank you so much for putting this silly thread to bed once and for all. who cares what kind of person KT is, what kind of books he sells, and whether he's an alien from a distant planet trying to use pool to subjugate the population of the planet.

JMHO

James <hr /></blockquote>

hondo
03-23-2006, 07:31 AM
<hr /></blockquote> None he is giving away. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif It is his game of tag, you are it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Now you need a way to swindle $25 out
of his pocket. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Not me, eg. I happen to be honest. ( a dinosaur in

today's world obviously.)

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

Qtec
03-23-2006, 10:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thank you so much for putting this silly thread to bed once and for all. who cares what kind of person KT is <hr /></blockquote>

Nothing has been put to bed! Can you give me ONE good reason why anyone should believe a single word the guy says?
Since day 1, the IPT story has been a constantly changing one.
The lowest prize money has gone from ZERO to $100,000 and the top payout has jumped by $150,000 to $350,000, without a real tourny having been played. Why? Were people complaining that $200,000 wasnt enough?
The KOTH-BOTS[ Sigel/Jones] was SO successful they scrapped all their dates and postponed the first real tourny by 6 months! Does anyone really believe that?
They also said they would consult other promoters to try and avoid clashes- did they?
KT says he doesnt need anyone's money! So far there have been 6 QTs that have brought more than $500,000 into the IPT! Now that the first real tourny is an Open, there should be another 25 QTs for the open spots. I think most people can see where this is heading.

Ever wonder why so many total unknowns and ex-players were chosen as the original 150 members? <font color="blue">open question- Anybody? </font color>

Why have so many got burned by KT?
Answer: They got burned because they believed him. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Qtec

eg8r
03-24-2006, 04:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Nothing has been put to bed! Can you give me ONE good reason why anyone should believe a single word the guy says? <hr /></blockquote> He said he was going to make Sigel rich, and what does he do, he puts a plan in place to begin doing just that. The problem is that Sigel might be holding up his end of the deal (in an unrelated tourney, Sigel lost to Fabio Petroni yesterday 10-5).

[ QUOTE ]
Ever wonder why so many total unknowns and ex-players were chosen as the original 150 members? <hr /></blockquote> Oh come on, leave Colin and Linda alone. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Just kidding. My guess, and that is all anyone has, is that he chose the people who were excited about what he was doing. I strongly believe he weighted the application arrival time much higher than their resume. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif This also goes along with what I said at the beginning of this thread. I think Mike Sigel is only going to be around for one year and Kevin needed to make sure Mike did not finish in the bottom of every event. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

eg8r
03-24-2006, 04:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Not me, eg. I happen to be honest. <hr /></blockquote> That's right. Take your loss like a man and don't resort to dancing as close as you can to libel. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

supergreenman
03-24-2006, 08:24 AM
I didn't say we should believe the guy, I said we shouldn't care. As far as the IPT goes, he's putting up the money, he can run it anyway he wishes.

I personally doubt very much KT has some grande scheme of ruining the worlds enjoyment of pool. And if you think he can ruin professional pool, you're giving him too much credit.

So, unless you:
A) work for KT
B) Play on the IPT
C) have some sort of vested interest in the IPT or some other venture Mr. KT is involved in

Then why are you wasting so much energy looking for skeletons in someone elses closet. I'm sure there are a thousand everyday issues that are much more important than KT.

He's so unimportant, I don't even type his full name.

Just my $.02(canadian) once again.

Qtec
03-24-2006, 09:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote supergreenman:</font><hr> I didn't say we should believe the guy, I said we shouldn't care. <font color="blue"> Who is 'we'? I didnt realise you were speaking for more people than yourself. </font color> As far as the IPT goes, he's putting up the money, he can run it anyway he wishes. <font color="blue"> Did you READ my post?
"KT says he doesnt need anyone's money! So far there have been 6 QTs that have brought more than $500,000 into the IPT!
Its sounds to me that the PLAYERS have already put up $500,000, so its not ALL KT's money!. </font color>

I personally doubt very much KT has some grande scheme of ruining the worlds enjoyment of pool. And if you think he can ruin professional pool, you're giving him too much credit. <font color="blue"> Did you read my post? Did I say ANYTHING about KT 'ruining' pool? </font color>

So, unless you:
A) work for KT
B) Play on the IPT
C) have some sort of vested interest in the IPT or some other venture Mr. KT is involved in

Then why are you wasting so much energy looking for skeletons in someone elses closet. <font color="blue"> Again you are jumping to conclusions. Lets face it, if one is looking for skeletons in KT's closet, one wouldnt have have to look too far. </font color> I'm sure there are a thousand everyday issues that are much more important than KT. <font color="blue">Thats the first sensible thing you have said. </font color>

He's so unimportant, I don't even type his full name. <font color="blue">If he's so unimportant, why did you even bother posting? </font color>

Just my $.02(canadian) once again. <hr /></blockquote>

Qtec

Qtec
03-24-2006, 06:24 PM
web page (http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=28843)

IPT Qualification Tournaments

The 2006 International Pool Tour Season is about to start! The first two events of the season are “open” tournaments where players can qualify to participate through the qualification system. There are going to be 150 qualification tournaments played in 2006 (breakdown below) and even non-IPT players can qualify to win their share of well over $8 million in prize money and accrue ranking points making it very possible to qualify for a 2007 Tour Card, which guarantees each IPT player in 2007 a minimum of $100,000 in earnings!

KT is putting up all the money?

Q