PDA

View Full Version : Am I now Sam Malone?

sack316
03-16-2006, 04:15 AM
one of my quick late night postings at less than full mental capacity.

Anyway, all y'all on here know about my battle with alcoholism (17 months sober on the 17th). Also most of you know I've continued to work at the poolhall through this time... and now have began to bartend (which FYI, I shoulda done long ago, some killer money in it!) But the other night the manager asked my if I thought I was Sam Malone now or what. That got me thinking...

1)I'm a former baseball player who reached a fair level of sucess, but never quite lived up to the full potential-- eventually leaving the game behind (but not afraid to re-live some of the old glory days among friends.

2)Learned that the cause and solution to all of life's problems could be found in the bottle.

3)Later learned that I was wrong about the "solutions" part in number 2, and finally gave it up.

4) Deeman will back me up, I'm a total Cassanova with the ladies (at least he'll back me up if he ever wants a table at bumpers again /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif )

5) I have, at times, been considered a man-whore (pardon the language)

6) I can sometimes be a little too worried about my hair

7) I'm now a bartender after all that

the only parts missing would be that I never owned the bar, and I don't have to wear a rug. I do already have a Carla, Norm and Cliff, seeking a Woody/Coach... and hoping to trade in a Diane for a Rebecca.

Just some late night ramblings...

Sack /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

*edited to also add that I have started a fire at the bar as well, but it was just the trash can so it wasn't as emotional of a night as the Cheers episode

Rich R.
03-16-2006, 04:24 AM
Great post Sam,,,,,,,hmmmmmm,,,,,,, I mean Sack. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Like Sam, just keep up the good work.
As far as never owning a bar, you have many good years ahead of you. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Deeman3
03-16-2006, 06:28 AM
Sack,

I swear all you said was true. However, you don't seem toget into as many "issues" as Sam did.

We will start looking for a "Rebecca" for you. Damn, it's hard to find a competitor for Kirsty Alley before the Fat Actress model came out..... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Deeman

Gayle in MD
03-16-2006, 10:20 AM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif funny post...congrats on the no drinking policy. BTW, empty coffe cans make great Silent Butlers, oh, you're probably too young to know what that is,.... Cigarette Recepticles, for dumping the bar ashtrays, and you can put the top on them, and smother out any that might still have a spark going.

Good Luck...glad you like your job!

Gayle in Md. have been mixing and serving drinks for many years, never made a dollar on it though...

nAz
03-16-2006, 01:29 PM
Hey Sack are you going Bald too? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

wolfdancer
03-17-2006, 01:50 PM
Sack, if God didn't want us to drink, he would only have invented Coors Light, and if he didn't want me to gamble, there wouldn't be any craps tables....and in response to your question:
"you am what you think you am" according to that rap singer,
M&M.....
Deeman???? you expect us to believe anything Deeman says?????

Deeman3
03-17-2006, 02:06 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> Deeman???? you expect us to believe anything Deeman says????? <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Outside politics and women, you can take it to the bank.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif </font color>

Deeman

sack316
03-18-2006, 04:54 AM
Everything Deeman speaks is the gospel... bet that!

Sack Malone

SPetty
03-19-2006, 06:18 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote sack316:</font><hr> Everything Deeman speaks is the gospel... bet that!<hr /></blockquote>Sam ( /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif) I'll take that bet! /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Deeman3
03-20-2006, 06:51 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote sack316:</font><hr> Everything Deeman speaks is the gospel... bet that!<hr /></blockquote>Sam ( /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif) I'll take that bet! /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Spetty,

I know of what you speak. I have still not located nor sent those tapes. I have spent more than a couple of hours looking through my folks boxes and boxes of "stuff, I left there during divorce days" but have not found them. I have actually been there twice since leaving Texas but won't go back again until the early part of April, when I will try again.

I did tell the truth, I just can't locate the evidence yet.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif </font color>

Deeman