PDA

View Full Version : Cujoroho adds $20,000 to BCA Ntl 8 Ball Champships

mediumpool
03-16-2006, 11:57 AM
From Medium Pool:
Announcing the New BCAPL Web Address www.playbca.com (http://www.playbca.com)
and National Toll Free Number 866.USAPOOL. (866.872.7665)
Cujoroho Challenge Series adds $20,000 Purse to race to three 9-Ball event hosted by 30th BCA National 8-Ball Championships.
qball Promotions will inaugurate The Cujoroho Challenge Series on May 19 2006 at the 30th BCA National 8-Ball Championships. This introductory "No Entry Fee" 9-Ball event is limited to the first 512 players. To sign up, please visit cujorohochallengeseries.com or call 800-719-7009 for more event information. You can also click on the Cujoroho link at to www.playbca.com (http://www.playbca.com)

SpiderMan
03-17-2006, 08:08 AM
Someone thinks pool players are stupid rednecks.

What this post does not mention is that you must be a member of the "Cujoroho Billiard Club" in order to play in the tournament. And guess what? You can join at the discount rate of $39 if pre-paid by the end of the month ($49 afterwards). Pay when you register for the "free" tournment.

Let's see .... $20,000 added, no entry fee, WOW!

But minimum "membership" fees = $39 x 512 = $19,968. So the real "added money" is only THIRTY-TWO DOLLARS MAXIMUM, assuming everyone gets in on the $10 discount.

Gimme a break .... this is just another way to keep the coins flowing into those $1-a-game bar boxes.

Copied from the event web site:

REGISTRATION

The Cujoroho $20,000.00 9-Ball Mania event is open to amateur players, ages 18 and over. Membership in the Cujoroho Billiard Club is required for all players. Cujoroho Billiard Club membership is $49.00 annually. A Pre-Registration Discount is available online through March 31, 2006. Players can purchase their Annual Cujoroho Billiard Club Membership for just $39.00 (a $10.00 savings) during this time period. Cujoroho Billiard Club membership will allow players to participate in other Cujoroho events during the term of their membership, including the Cujoroho Challenge Series™.

The Cujoroho $20,000.00 9-Ball Mania event is limited to the first 512 players that register.

There is No Entry Fee for the event as long as players register by the May 1, 2006 deadline.

SpiderMan

Bigtruck
03-19-2006, 09:31 AM
I agree! Of all the nerve,wanting us to pay to play on pool tables. These tables are free and we should get to play for free!

SpiderMan
03-20-2006, 07:17 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Bigtruck:</font><hr> I agree! Of all the nerve,wanting us to pay to play on pool tables. These tables are free and we should get to play for free! <hr /></blockquote>

The "nerve" part is advertising a tournament as having no entry fee when there's actually a $39 (plus service charge!) fee to sign up. Tells me these folks are scammers and BS artists. I'd be worried about getting paid if I won /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SpiderMan

Cujoroho
03-21-2006, 12:36 AM
No Entry Fee Comments...

I understand how this could get twisted, but this is a No Entry Fee event. The catch is that it's only open to Cujoroho Billiard Club Members, not the public. The CBC memberships are also required to compete in the Cujoroho Challenge Series and any other Cujoroho events during the season.

The money for the Mania event is not comming from the player sign-ups at all, in fact I have already sent the prize money to the BCAPL, the host for the event. In addition if we do not have anyone else sign up for the event (we have about 200 registered now) the prize money will stay the same.

This event was created to celebrate the kick-off of the Cujoroho Challenge Series, as a bonus for those who had already signed up and paid their membership fees and for those that will pay them anyway so they can compete in the CCS.

Good luck to those that have entered, I look forward to seeing you there for the event.

CB - qball promotions