PDA

View Full Version : Clear coat over linen wrap: Prof Bill did good job

Leviathan
03-17-2006, 04:17 PM
Proficient Billiards just replaced my cue's linen wrap with a new one and applied a clear coat over the new one. Prof Bill did a beautiful job with this. I can't feel or see any lumps or bumps where the clear coat was applied over rings, collars, and the rough surface of the wrap. The the fit of the butt to the shafts doesn't seem to have been affected. Looks like Prof Bill has a good procedure for doing this work. I'm glad I had the work done; my cue looks good and I've got the grip I want.

AS

Bumps
03-18-2006, 11:00 AM
WHY would you want clear coat over a linen wrap? Defeats the purpose of having the wrap in the first place. Having the linen pressed and polished would keep it from being "rough".

Leviathan
03-18-2006, 08:01 PM
'Lo, Bumps. My hands don't sweat much and I grip my cue lightly; I find that I get a more secure grip without a wrap. Players whose hands are very sweaty or very dry may get a more secure grip with a wrap of some kind.--AS

walt8880
03-20-2006, 04:50 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Leviathan:</font><hr> 'Lo, Bumps. My hands don't sweat much and I grip my cue lightly; I find that I get a more secure grip without a wrap. Players whose hands are very sweaty or very dry may get a more secure grip with a wrap of some kind.--AS <hr /></blockquote>

Me too, so I use a cue with no wrap so I can see all that pretty wood. Unless you prefer the appearance of a clear coated wrap to wood, why would you have a cue with a linen wrap and then clear coat over it?

Leviathan
03-20-2006, 05:24 AM
Unfortunately, this cue (it's a Mezz EC-R) is available only with a wrap.

AS