PDA

View Full Version : Official Announcement: CueTable has launched

cuetable
03-18-2006, 07:26 PM
Dear Pool Players and Teachers:

I am happy to let you know the CueTable.com is open now, please come in.

The table is designed specifically to help pool players of all levels visualize and better communicate table layouts. This cooperative online tool can be found at http://CueTable.com.

The site is free for all visitors. This new table software was built on the foundation of “WeiTable,” a simpler but very well regarded tool that has been available on the Net for several years. Please feel free to browse around, we are open to all comments and suggestions.

I have been showing demos at the Super Billiards Expo. If you happen to be here and would like to check it out, I will been near PoolTableMagic booth upstairs between 2 to 3 pm.

Thanks, and I look forward to speaking with you about CueTable!

Sincerely,
Wei Chao

wolfsburg2
03-19-2006, 05:46 AM
looks like a cool tool. nice work.

kevinkins
03-19-2006, 08:26 AM
Is there a site that uses a diagram tool to show how to position the cue ball for the next shot(s)? There is a lot on the internet on using spin to control the cue ball but I have not seen any practical examples. "Run this rack" on this web site is all I can recall.

Kevin

Billy_Bob
03-19-2006, 08:41 AM
Jimmy Reid has a video called The Art of 8-ball (link below), and in this video, he takes you through runouts, says what he is doing and why for each shot.

So this video will tell you what you *should* do to get position for your next shot. But there is a ton of work and practice being able to leave the cue ball in a specific location. The most helpful video on this is Dr. Dave's DVD (link below). Then also search the various billiards forums for the term: speed control.

So knowing what you should do, knowing where cue ball will go after shot, how to alter the direction of the cue ball, i.e. get cue ball to go proper direction, then shooting with proper speed so cue ball stops where it should.

Also using follow, stop, draw, and english are tools needed to do this. With english, there is the problem of squirt or cue ball deflection. Search for those terms as well as Predator and backhand english.

Putting all the above together can take years of practice.

Jimmy Reid Videos...
http://www.freepoollessons.com/video/index.shtml

Dr. Dave's DVD...
http://www.engr.colostate.edu/~dga/pool/dvd_description.html

BigRigTom
03-19-2006, 10:24 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cuetable:</font><hr> Dear Pool Players and Teachers:

I am happy to let you know the CueTable.com is open now, please come in.

The table is designed specifically to help pool players of all levels visualize and better communicate table layouts. This cooperative online tool can be found at http://CueTable.com.

The site is free for all visitors. This new table software was built on the foundation of “WeiTable,” a simpler but very well regarded tool that has been available on the Net for several years. Please feel free to browse around, we are open to all comments and suggestions.

I have been showing demos at the Super Billiards Expo. If you happen to be here and would like to check it out, I will been near PoolTableMagic booth upstairs between 2 to 3 pm.

Thanks, and I look forward to speaking with you about CueTable!

Sincerely,
Wei Chao
<hr /></blockquote>
Great tool Wei, I haven't had a chance to use it a lot yet but what I have done on it is really cool

I'm sure I am not the 1st to ask but I have to ask anyway.
Why don't you change the font color on the web site to bold black to make it easier to read.
I am seeing a sort of washed out image....looks faded and is really hard on my poor old eyes (only 55 but seem old at times....especially after staring at the computer monitor all day.).

Either way the tool is great and I'll gladly report any improvement suggestions I think of as I use it.
Thanks for all the hard work.

cuetable
03-19-2006, 05:47 PM
Dear Kevin:

Here is an example I have been using to demo how one can tell a short story using multiple pages. Please check it out.

CueTable: Efren vs Earl at the Sands Final (http://CueTable.com/P/?#3ESpy3FPNw2GJaA2HTny4IFrx2PQqO3qYpoEfren_Reyes_v s._Earl_Strikland,&amp;Sands_Final&amp;Hill-Hill,_Efren_to_shoot...&amp;ZZ#3ESpy3FPNw2GJaA2HTny4IF rx2PQqO3YSpy3YUOk3YbXc2YSIk2YBMj1YAGf2cTny2cchr2kQ qO3kSQh3kRSk3qMuOEfren_made_a_nice_safety_shot,_le aving_the_cue_ball_behind_the_6...&amp;ZZ2rPeYUnfortun ately,&amp;the_5_kicked_the_8_in_on_the_way_down&amp;ZZ#1E AGf3FPNw2GJaA4IFrx3PRSk3qYLDEfren_got_into_a_big_t rouble._What_a__relief_for_Earl!&amp;ZZ#1EAGf3FPNw2GJa A4IFrx3PRSk1YAGf1Ycpm3kRSk4kbGA2kbXK2kCbd2kCSk3kDL P3qYLDNot_for_long,&amp;Efren_made_a_very_nice_2_rail_ kick_and_was_about_to_run_out._Being_an_a_nice_gen tlman_Earl_came_up_and_congratulated_Efren._&amp;ZZ#)

Clicking on the link above will open it in a new window. You can flip through different pages of table layout by click on the pre/next page buttons or use page up/page down keys on your keyboard. If you want to use keyboad shortcut, please click on the table to make sure all TextBoxes or PromptWindow are not editable first. Currently You can edit up to 9 pages.

Thanks for using CueTable

Cheers
Wei

Donovan
03-19-2006, 09:05 PM
I love the new CueTable! Great job. I would love to see an undo button somewhere on there that had at least a memory of the last 10 moves (more if possible). I know asking for more is probably selfish, but this is one thing I always wish it had. Thanks for taking the time to make such a great product for us to use.