PDA

View Full Version : Back from Valley Forge

dg-in-centralpa
03-18-2006, 08:01 PM
We(Mrs. DG, my daughter, and I) just got back from Valley Forge. What a trip! Got to see Voodoo Daddy again, along with Pizza Bob, Timberly, CarolNYC(God what hugs she gives!), Barbara and got to meet her hubby Pete as well, Rich R. and Cathy, Eric and his girlfriend, Fred Agnir, and if I missed anybody I apologize. I didn't see 9ball girl or nAz.
Some interesting things at VF, the pro tourney was 8 ball, race to five, must win 2 sets or a sudden death tie breaker. The format wasn't the greatest but....Efren, Bustamante, Parica, and some of the other top stars weren't there. Keith McCready was walking around but didn't play. Maybe they didn't like the format. Who knows.... Even Fast Larry was there playing 8 ball and also in the trick shot competition. He didn't do well in the trick shot and did just as bad in the 8 ball. As for me playing in the open amateur tourney, I lost in the first round. I had a few bad rolls. I had fun anyway, lots of great things to look at. Oh well, there is always next time.

DG /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9 Ball Girl
03-20-2006, 08:51 AM
Hey Duane, sorry I missed you and Mary and your daughter! I almost missed Cathy and Rich but I found them! I was actually hard/easy to find this year because I was glued to the action going on in the pit this year (I know, I can't help it...)

Carol - you are the bestest of the best! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Wendy~~~Carol, nAz, and Wendy aka The Jacked-Up Crew /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CarolNYC
03-21-2006, 04:00 AM
Yo,yo,yo
Whats going on,Wendy /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif,boy "we blend" and hey, what was up with Tony-boy,oh boy, he wouldnt let you go,huh????? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
YEP, we're the "jacked -up-crew,baby-Man, I needed that-hanging with you two was probably the only chill time I got-and Naz-well, to me, he's "banging" /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gifafter those tequila's, couldnt stop laughing.........then met EVERYONE else-it was a slamming time-
I'll tell ya what,though......not many were too happy about that pro tournament-8-ball,race to 5,best 2 outta 3 sets and if hill-hill-one sudden death game-I dont know about that one-nope-dont like it /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Duane-love you and you're family-an absolute pleasure!
Rich&Cathy-firends forever
Voodoo-right arm
catscradle-what a gentleman /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Eric-omg-you animal you /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
John Madden-you and your wife are sweethearts of the mountains-Im coming to visit-always wanted to see Montana /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Jam-you are one of the SWEETEST persons know and Im exhiliarated you and Keith are coming to my charity-Danny Basavich is coming,too-its gonna be awesome! love ya Jen!
Gotta run now but will check back later!
love you guys!
Peace!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

dg-in-centralpa
03-21-2006, 05:16 AM
Carol,
Let us know when your charity is happening. Sorry we missed you at the end.

Duane

9 Ball Girl
03-21-2006, 07:47 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr>what was up with Tony-boy,oh boy, he wouldnt let you go,huh????? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif<hr /></blockquote>What can I say. I know how to trill the R in Robles... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hey, let me know when your charity is happening. I missed it last year but I won't miss it this year!

Kiana gets prettier each time I see her. She's got beautiful eyes!

Loves ya!

landshark77
03-21-2006, 03:49 PM
Seems like everyone is forgetting the shark this year. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Landshark77 &lt;~~~couldn't even get the nuts this year.

Barbara
03-21-2006, 05:15 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote landshark77:</font><hr> Seems like everyone is forgetting the shark this year. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Landshark77 &lt;~~~couldn't even get the nuts this year. <hr /></blockquote>

/ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Okay, so in the 4 times you spotted me away from the desk - and 3 of those spots were SUNDAY - was I carrying??? No?

Okay, so I owe you. Sorry. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Barbara

DickLeonard
03-21-2006, 05:50 PM
Barbara I was glad I finally opened my brain and told my other self God that is Barbara. It was a nice visit tho short. I should have worn a CCB badge. I only saw Voodoo Daddy and Pizza Bob and Vickie. I was in the pit but never recognized 9 ball girl. ####

cueball1950
03-21-2006, 07:38 PM
DG....sorry i could not make it. but i am putting a box in the mail for you finally. please resend me your address so i can make sure i have the right one................mike

CarolNYC
03-22-2006, 02:04 AM
Ahhhhhhhhhhh.littlwe Mama, I apologize-hey, I carried the carrier for you didnt I (just kidding) -for a new mOM, you look fantastic and your angel is a gift from God-absolutely-it was so nice to see you, although it was only for five minutes /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif-I passed hubby in elevator /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Your always in my thoughts, if that gives you any solace!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

CarolNYC
03-22-2006, 02:05 AM
Leonard,
Your looking younger everyday! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Carol

CarolNYC
03-22-2006, 02:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What can I say. I know how to trill the R in Robles <hr /></blockquote>
Yeah,yeah, jeesh.just get a room,ahite! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
when your charity is happening. I missed it last year but I won't miss it this year!

<hr /></blockquote>

AUGUST 19th-SATURDAY-the best of the best will be there-so I guess that US! LMAO!)Tony R.Allen,Dawn,Jen Baretta,MOI,Romana,Dnny Basavic,Keith,etc...............

[ QUOTE ]
Kiana gets prettier each time I see her <hr /></blockquote>

Thank you Wendy and thanks for hanging with me-I really enjoyed it!
Love ya much,
Carol

CarolNYC
03-22-2006, 02:11 AM
Hey Duane,ABSOLUETLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CarolNYC
03-22-2006, 02:16 AM
Hey,I forgot to mention runout1961-JOHN-you are a cutepie,just wish I had more time to talk to you but was a pleasure just to see you smiling face and to know you are well!
Thanks for coming up to me!

Also, Blatt bought out Eurowests booth(how strong is that,boy are they lucky they met me,LMAO),so thats a good thing for them-if anyone wants a Eurowest,just contact Blatt in Manhatten!

Great seeing you John,
You takle care,ah-ite?

Brian in VA
03-22-2006, 06:03 AM
Carol,
When can I get details on the charity event? I want to come to and bring a VA contingent.

Brian in VA

9 Ball Girl
03-22-2006, 11:31 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DickLeonard:</font><hr>I was in the pit but never recognized 9 ball girl. #### <hr /></blockquote>Shucks too bad! nAz and I kept wondering where you might've been. I would try to see if I could see your daughter or you because I never forget faces but down in the pit, my eyes are glued to the table. Next time!

9 Ball Girl
03-22-2006, 11:33 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Brian in VA:</font><hr> Carol,
When can I get details on the charity event? I want to come to and bring a VA contingent.

Brian in VA <hr /></blockquote>I hope that includes Josh... /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I'm glad that it all worked out for one of your "dudes" and her cues. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

DickLeonard
03-22-2006, 02:06 PM
Carol Thanks, your Hairdo was a show stopper. Dick

DickLeonard
03-22-2006, 02:11 PM
Nineball girl my daughter didn't go down to the pit, she didn't realize it was smoke free. Sorry I missed you and Naz. It was too bad Cueball1950 wasn't there he has everyones location in his memory bank. Next year I will wear a CCB name tag, Dick

Voodoo Daddy
03-22-2006, 02:17 PM
Came in Wednesday, saw Carol &lt;left arm&gt; and Barbara &lt;keeper of the NUTZ&gt;. Thursday thru Sunday was a blurr of what felt like one long day but I will mention those CCB'rs/AZ'rs I remember seeing;

CatsCradle...glad we finally got to shake hands
Jimbo...ya lil bastard
Fred...we never caught up on Efren's Snooker Game
DG and family...always a pleasure
Rich &amp; Cathy...actually seen you for more than 3.2 seconds
Wendy...my sister from another mother
Naz...when do you not smile?
Timberly...what pretty eyes you have
Eric &amp; Suzy...or should I say Bonnie &amp; Clyde
Dick Leonard...my favorite CCB'r, sorry we didnt get to spend much time together.
Pizza Bob...great guy and world traveler
Vicki...your smile and pregnant belly reflects your happiness, congrats

Special thanks to Jimmy and Pete for keeping me laughing all weekend and the guys at Eurowest for smugglin' in fresh German Chocolate!! Thats THE show folks, miss it and you missed ALOT.

SPetty
03-22-2006, 03:28 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DickLeonard:</font><hr> Next year I will wear a CCB name tag<hr /></blockquote>Y'know, Rich R. probably still has some CCB pins available...

9 Ball Girl
03-22-2006, 06:52 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Voodoo Daddy:</font><hr>Wendy...my sister from another mother<hr /></blockquote> /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Voodoo Daddy:</font><hr>Naz...when do you not smile?<hr /></blockquote> That's 'cause he's a dirty lil bastard and he always thinks as such. Either that or it's gas. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Eric.
03-23-2006, 09:09 AM
You said it, brotha. Let's do it again.

Eric

Rich R.
03-23-2006, 09:35 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DickLeonard:</font><hr> Next year I will wear a CCB name tag<hr /></blockquote><blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> Y'know, Rich R. probably still has some CCB pins available... <hr /></blockquote>
Hmmmmm, I may have a few. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ceebee
03-23-2006, 10:01 AM
Hi folks, it was great to see all of you at Valley Forge. I hope you all had a great time &amp; played well in the tournaments. The next one is only a few months away.

Brian in VA
03-23-2006, 10:15 AM
With any luck at all, it will include Josh and the Dudes. She was so beside herself, she never did go find Barbara to speak with her. The good news was, some good samaritan had her sticks and got them back to her.

See you during the summer!
Brian

Rich R.
03-23-2006, 11:41 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Brian in VA:</font><hr> The good news was, some good samaritan had her sticks and got them back to her. <hr /></blockquote>
Brian, your friend happened to run into Cathy and me, when she was looking for her cues. She was heartbroken.
Later, I was fortunate to see her, after they were returned. Needless to say, she looked a lot happier.
She was lucky that an honest person got a hold of her stuff. I never thought she would get her property back.

I like happy endings. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Brian in VA
03-23-2006, 01:24 PM
It was remarkable that they were returned to her Rich. Her play cue is a one of a kind Parrot made for her by Todd, here in Richmond. It was a college graduation gift from her mother and father.

Funny tidbit. She played in the tournament and won her first two matches playing with a friend's cues. Got her's back in time for her 3rd match which she promptly lost! I told her it was the cue's payback for losing them in the first place.

Best to you and Cathy!
Brian in VA

Barbara
03-23-2006, 01:50 PM
I thought you were talking about that lost Parrot cue! I'm glad she got it back!

Barbara

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Brian in VA:</font><hr> It was remarkable that they were returned to her Rich. Her play cue is a one of a kind Parrot made for her by Todd, here in Richmond. It was a college graduation gift from her mother and father.

Funny tidbit. She played in the tournament and won her first two matches playing with a friend's cues. Got her's back in time for her 3rd match which she promptly lost! I told her it was the cue's payback for losing them in the first place.

Best to you and Cathy!
Brian in VA <hr /></blockquote>

CarolNYC
03-24-2006, 12:45 AM
Hiya Dick,
Its ALWAYS a pleasure to see you again-God Bless- ya know what-I made an error-I forgot it was St. Patricks day-would've been sportng the green hair (fluorescent),ROFL-
You take care ah-ite!
Se ya soo /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gifn
/ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gifCarol

John_Madden
03-25-2006, 08:35 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr>
John Madden-you and your wife are sweethearts of the mountains-Im coming to visit-always wanted to see Montana /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Gotta run now but will check back later!
love you guys!
Peace!

<hr /></blockquote>
Carol
Thank you. We enjoyed our all too brief visit with you - everything was go go go. And come visit - my wife said she would love to hear stories about Staten Island - she used to sit for hours listening to my Mom talk about her life growing up on Staten Island. I even remember some as a little tyke. Visit - you would enjoy Montana - its God's country - and the scenery is beautiful.
Jack
www.johnmaddencues.com (http://www.johnmaddencues.com)

CarolNYC
03-26-2006, 02:47 AM
Hiya Jack,
althugh it was brief, it was enjoyable and you got s bonfide offer to come to your mountains-it is JUST BEAUTIFUL!
By the way, your cues are exquisite! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gifSee ya in Montana /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
You take care!