PDA

View Full Version : Democracy will never survive in Iraq

Cueless Joey
03-20-2006, 02:54 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060320/ap_on_go_pr_wh/bush
Just say it George, only a ruthless dictator can lead this hell, err country.
That's the sad truth.

Gayle in MD
03-20-2006, 05:39 PM
They won't admit Iraq is in a Civil War....the Iraq Prime Minister, Alawi, said, "If this isn't civil war, God only know's what is."

When 50 to 60 people are being killed every day, by people other than government, or police,.... Iraqi against Iraqi, I'd call that a Civil War....They are still calling it a war on terror, eventho estimates are that there are only about 700 alqaeda in Iraq, which means that 90% of the fighting is Iraqi against Iraqi....

Bush, Rumsfeld, Cheney, REALLY screwed this up bad.

Bush's speech today was a joke! Matter of fact....Bush is a joke!

Now they're blaming lack of American Support for the war on the media, for the bad reports about Iraq, and the pictures of people being bombed....AH HA HA HA....yeah, that's a good one, Iraq war is going great, fine, wonderful, PROGRESS....as long as there are no pictures to prove otherwise!

Unbelievable!!! This is Vietnam all over again. Maybe, this time, we'll have enough sense to get the hell out before another fifty thousand of our people die, STAYING THE COURSE!

Gayle in Md.

pooltchr
03-21-2006, 06:16 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> When 50 to 60 people are being killed every day, by people other than government, or police,.... Iraqi against Iraqi, I'd call that a Civil War
Gayle in Md.
<hr /></blockquote>
Our local news generally has at least one story per day about someone being killed by someone other than the government....ONE city! I know there are many other cities with a larger problem than ours. I lived near Miami a few years ago, and the first 15 minutes of the news was about killing, shooting, stabbing, whatever in the area. I have no doubt that there are far more than 50-60 per day in this country. Are we in a civil war???
Steve

Gayle in MD
03-21-2006, 07:08 AM
Steve,
That is a completely false example, to compare this country, which has a government, and working police forces in every city, and state, and trained armed forces. I'm surprised you would even attempt to use it.

The definition of a country which is not in a civil war is when the government has a monoply on violence and warfare....that isn't the case in Iraq.

Iraq, doesn't even have a working government, or constitution. I really don't know why you don't want to believe the facts, but the fact is, there is civil war in Iraq, according to Alawi, ...he is there, he is an Iraqi, former Prime Minister.... one would think he would know what the hell is going on overthere. And, he certainly wouldn't have any reason to lie about it, now would he?

There are murders in every country in the world. That's a separate issue entirely. Denial seems to be your forte'...?

Gayle in Md.

pooltchr
03-21-2006, 08:35 AM
Gayle,
Your own statement said that when 50 or 60 people are killing each other every day, you call it Civil War. THAT IS WHAT YOU SAID! READ YOUR OWN STATEMENT!!! I just pointed out that your statement is in error...unless you also think we have a civil war going on here.

eg8r
03-21-2006, 01:19 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle:</font><hr>When 50 to 60 people are being killed every day, by people other than government, or police,.... Iraqi against Iraqi, I'd call that a Civil War.... <blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> I have no doubt that there are far more than 50-60 per day in this country. Are we in a civil war???
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote made up def by Gayle:</font><hr> The definition of a country which is not in a civil war is when the government has a monoply on violence and warfare....that isn't the case in Iraq.
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> Your own statement said that when 50 or 60 people are killing each other every day, you call it Civil War. <hr /></blockquote> <hr /></blockquote> <hr /></blockquote> <hr /></blockquote> I guess Gayle just wants to make up definitions as she goes. What ever mess one of her statements gets her into, she will twist it around in her defense, don't worry about that.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
03-21-2006, 01:29 PM
The numbers killed, were not the only criteria which I stated. Your comparison to crime in a civilized country, with a government in place, and state and local police, and a trained army, is ridiculous, and no comparison at all.

I think the Prime Minister, who is there in Iraq, knows the country, and is an Iraqi,.... has more knowledge regarding the state of the country, than you. As for Bush and Cheney, who believes ANYTHING, EITHER of them says, they are known liars.

John Murtha has said they are in a civil war, for months. Bush's only hope now is to continue to spread false propaganda to support this huge mistake. It won't work. He is now blaming everything on the press. Twenty police were killed just today, overwhelmed by insurgents, and thirty prisoners released from jail. If you want to deny reality, go right ahead. I prefer facts to wishful thinking. Two thirds of the Iraqis state they were better off with Saddam in power. These people don't even have water or electric, and you think they're happy with these miserable circumstances? I'd like to see how you would feel if you were facing another smoldering summer in the desert heat without potable water, and air conditioning.

Gayle in Md.

pooltchr
03-21-2006, 06:50 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> The numbers killed, were not the only criteria which I stated. <font color="red"> Here is the entire paragraph quoted from your previous post. What other criteria did you mention? I must have missed it!

When 50 to 60 people are being killed every day, by people other than government, or police,.... Iraqi against Iraqi, I'd call that a Civil War....They are still calling it a war on terror, eventho estimates are that there are only about 700 alqaeda in Iraq, which means that 90% of the fighting is Iraqi against Iraqi....

</font color> Your comparison to crime in a civilized country, with a government in place, and state and local police, and a trained army, is ridiculous, and no comparison at all. <font color="red"> Gayle, you said 50 or 60 citizens killing each other daily means it's a civil war. That is what you said. I keep quoting it and you keep denying it! 50 or 60 citizens killing each other is a civil war. Is that just in Iraq???? 50 or 60 Americans killing each other every day is just life as normal????? So if they are in Iraq, it's civil war. If it's here, it's just normal crime. I think if I repeat that over and over, I might start to understand....NOT!!!!! </font color>

I think the Prime Minister, who is there in Iraq, knows the country, and is an Iraqi,.... has more knowledge regarding the state of the country, than you. As for Bush and Cheney, who believes ANYTHING, EITHER of them says, they are known liars. <font color="red"> Now I'm starting to understand. A politician from Iraq must be telling the truth...but one from over here must be lying. Got it! </font color>

John Murtha has said they are in a civil war, for months. <font color="red"> Ah, yes, Murtha...the true savior of democracy in this country. Of course I believe everything he says...because you tell me over and over that he is right. Got it!! </font color> Bush's only hope now is to continue to spread false propaganda to support this huge mistake. It won't work. He is now blaming everything on the press. <font color="red"> He didn't blame the press for anything...he just pointed out that they are another outlet for the Iraqi insurgents to get their message out. </font color> Twenty police were killed just today, overwhelmed by insurgents, and thirty prisoners released from jail. If you want to deny reality, go right ahead. I prefer facts to wishful thinking. Two thirds of the Iraqis state they were better off with Saddam in power. These people don't even have water or electric, <font color="red"> Would you care to tell me what percentage of Iraq is without water and electricity. If you can't find a reliable source, it's ok if you want to make up some number, I will understand. </font color> and you think they're happy with these miserable circumstances? I'd like to see how you would feel if you were facing another smoldering summer in the desert heat without potable water, and air conditioning. <font color="red"> If that is true, why aren't we seeing people dying in the streets from dehydration? If it is so widespread, someone would be putting it on the 6PM news. </font color>

Gayle in Md. <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="red"> Your arguments just don't seem to hold water (pun intended!)
Steve </font color>

Gayle in MD
03-21-2006, 11:57 PM
I'm not interested in communicating with you at all. You take one line out of context, then you say I denied saying it. That's a lie. I don't deny saying that 50 or 60 people being killed every day is ONE of the things that point to civil war. My opinion, is that the country is in civil war. Many others think that also, including the Prime Minister, John Murtha, to name only one of many in Congress and the Senate, George Will, William F. buckley, just to name a few. I really don't give a damn what you think. You are unable to "Think" anything, because your nose is so far up George Bush's ass you can't see daylight.

I posted a definition of civil war in a thread a week or so ago which was written by either George Will, or William F. Bickley. The conditions in Iraq, fit the description. If you think that compares to crime in a civilized, democratic government, that's your problem, don't make it mine. Taking words out of context is all you and Ed have left, now that your boy's hair brained ideas and lies are finally sinking in for the mentally challenged who voted for him.

If you can't see through George Bush by now, frankly, I'd prefer not to commuinicate with you at all. Trying to reason with unreasonable people is a waste of time.

If you cared anything at all about what is happening to our young people overthere, and for nothing, you'd educate yourself about what is actually taking place, instead of believing everything your are fed by George Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld, the three most incompetent, dishonest people to ever hit Washington D.C.

Gayle in Md.
Proud I didn't vote for George Bush!

pooltchr
03-22-2006, 05:54 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> I'm not interested in communicating with you at all. <font color="red"> Yet you come back with a 300 plus word response. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif </font color> You take one line out of context, then you say I denied saying it. That's a lie. I don't deny saying that 50 or 60 people being killed every day is ONE of the things that point to civil war. <font color="red"> You did not say that in your post. I have quoted it several times EXACTLY as you wrote it. </font color> My opinion, <font color="red"> Now you are getting on track...this is YOUR OPINION! </font color> is that the country is in civil war. Many others think that also, including the Prime Minister, John Murtha, to name only one of many in Congress and the Senate, George Will, William F. buckley, just to name a few. I really don't give a damn what you think. <font color="red"> I know. You don't give a damn what anyone thinks who has a different view than you. </font color> You are unable to "Think" anything, because your nose is so far up George Bush's ass you can't see daylight. <font color="red"> And you seem to think Murtha hung the moon! </font color>

I posted a definition of civil war in a thread a week or so ago which was written by either George Will, or William F. Bickley. The conditions in Iraq, fit the description. If you think that compares to crime in a civilized, democratic government, that's your problem, don't make it mine. <font color="red"> I wouldn't dream of it. You seem to have enough problems already. Far be it from me to add to them. </font color> Taking words out of context is all you and Ed have left, <font color="red"> I took nothing out of context...I quoted the entire paragraph you wrote. </font color> now that your boy's hair brained ideas and lies are finally sinking in for the mentally challenged who voted for him. <font color="red"> It must be tough, being you. </font color>

If you can't see through George Bush by now, frankly, I'd prefer not to commuinicate with you at all. <font color="red"> Fine, don't answer! </font color> Trying to reason with unreasonable people is a waste of time. <font color="red"> I agree...I've been trying to reason with you for a while now, and all you do is spit back the same tired garbage over and over. Your mind is made up, and anyone who disagrees with you must be "mentally challenged" (your words) </font color>

If you cared anything at all about what is happening to our young people overthere, and for nothing, you'd educate yourself about what is actually taking place, instead of believing everything your are fed by George Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld, the three most incompetent, dishonest people to ever hit Washington D.C. <font color="red"> And everything you are fed by Murtha is the gospel. When are you going to wake up and realise that all the politicians in Washington spin things to make it support their party platform. You are so stuck on the "black hat, white hat" thing that you can't see that they all lie. You seem to think that all republicans lie, and all democrats tell the truth! You have to dig deeper than what they say to get to the truth. </font color>

Gayle in Md.
Proud I didn't vote for George Bush!

<hr /></blockquote>

eg8r
03-22-2006, 10:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not interested in communicating with you at all. <hr /></blockquote> Exactly. You are only interested in everyone keeping quiet and believing the BS that you type here. You don't want to communicate because someone might challenge you and you just don't have any backup. In this thread alone you are in disagreement with your own post.

eg8r

DickLeonard
03-22-2006, 02:30 PM
Pooltchr You're sounding like a Liberal, let us do away with guns and the murder rate will come down. Keep the guns off the street and the crime rate will come down.

Fourteen and fifteen year old kids murdering people with hand guns that they can buy on the street and the gun manufactures can not be held liable for their sloppiness in selling guns. ####

Cueless Joey
03-22-2006, 06:21 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DickLeonard:</font><hr>
Fourteen and fifteen year old kids murdering people with hand guns that they can buy on the street and the gun manufactures can not be held liable for their sloppiness in selling guns. #### <hr /></blockquote>
That's not true.
American gun manufacturers only sell to licensed dealers.
You want to strike a blow on crime rates, go after the trial lawyers of America. They keep the scums from getting punished.

Gayle in MD
03-22-2006, 07:26 PM
Opposing civilian factions within a country fighting on a daily basis for supremacy is considered civil war. That is totally different than crime within a country which has a government in place, a ratified constituion, and nation wide law enforcment.

Your comparison is ridiculous.

pooltchr
03-23-2006, 06:13 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DickLeonard:</font><hr> Pooltchr You're sounding like a Liberal, let us do away with guns and the murder rate will come down. Keep the guns off the street and the crime rate will come down.

Fourteen and fifteen year old kids murdering people with hand guns that they can buy on the street and the gun manufactures can not be held liable for their sloppiness in selling guns. #### <hr /></blockquote>

Keeping guns off the streets is not the answer, nor was it what I was suggesting. Enforcing the laws is the answer, but that isn't the liberal way. We have to have sympathy for the poor downtroden victims of society who don't have any other choice except to take what doesn't belong to them from someone who has it. I guess they learn that from the government handout systems we have.

Look, I know this isn't a comparison that makes any sense, but Gayle's statement that 50 or 60 people killing each other constituting a civil war doesn't make any sense either. That was the point of the comment.
Steve (still a conservative liberterian)

pooltchr
03-23-2006, 06:15 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Opposing civilian factions within a country fighting on a daily basis for supremacy is considered civil war. That is totally different than crime within a country which has a government in place, a ratified constituion, and nation wide law enforcment.

Your comparison is ridiculous.

<hr /></blockquote>

And now you have changed your definition of a civil war.
That's ok, you just keep right on changing it to fit whatever arguement you are trying to make.
Steve

Gayle in MD
03-23-2006, 08:05 AM
I haven't changed it, I have added more proof that it is correct. 50 to 60 people dying every day, Iraqi against Iraqi, obviously, each faction, for the purpose of domination and control, is civil war. No amount of your efforts to twist or dilute the original meaning of my post, is pertinent to the original meaning. IOW, you're a nit picker, who can't handle the truth, unless is supports your partisan view of George Bush and his immoral, illegal war.

Gayle in Md.

DebraLiStarr
03-23-2006, 08:38 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> I haven't changed it, I have added more proof that it is correct. 50 to 60 people dying every day, Iraqi against Iraqi, obviously, each faction, for the purpose of domination and control, is civil war.

<font color="blue">yes... and in many posts you have suggested we conduct a military coitus interruptus and bolt out the door to get away from it all. You never suggest any solutions AT ALL, you just complain about the current administration. Sorry, we've all noticed. Plus, where do you get your "facts"? Many people have disputed a lot of what ou have written on these issues and presented facts that you have blatantly ignored or refused to respond to. You have refused to acknowledge or consider the facts, or other points of view, so why do you even try to take part in a "discussion" about this or any topic. It seems kind of pointless to me. Am I alone in that asessment? </font color>

No amount of your efforts to twist or dilute the original meaning of my post, is pertinent to the original meaning.

<font color="blue"> You make me laugh. All you do is bitch and moan about Bush, &amp; the current administration, yet you provide nothing in the way of a solution other than a democratically controlled White House. Do you really expect anybody to take anything that you say seriously when that is all you can provide as the basis for your arguments? </font color>

IOW, you're a nit picker, who can't handle the truth, unless is supports your partisan view of George Bush and his immoral, illegal war.

<font color="blue">IMO, you are extremely closed minded and uneducated on several issues and your posts lack objectivity which causes many to people to either dismiss them, laugh at them, or roll their eyes at them. Anyone that refuses to acknowledge the history of how we eneded up with our national debt is ignorant. I'm sorry. Im not saying that to insult you, I'm just pointing out why some people take a strong opposition to what you write here.

Nobody is saying that this war is working out, we all know its screwed up. The number one rule I have for the people that work for me is - don't bitch about something unless you can also provide a viable solution to alleviate the problem you have brought up. If you don't have a solution and all you are talking about is what is wrong some person, place, or thing, then that's just whining and complaining and that's not very prodcutive.

If your only solution is that we need a certain party in control, then you are going to be very disappointed if that doesnt work out. Its best to find a solution to the problems that we face. Runing away or abandoning the problem wont get us anywhere. Instead of pissing and moaning about why we are there, come up with any solution - show us you can actually say something more than the negative comments you make about Bush and his adminsitration. Until you do can do that, I won't take anything you say seriously - and believe it or not - I'm not a "staunch republican" or a "Bush-ite" - I am someone that educates themself on the issues and evaluates the candidates stance on those in contrast to my own views - then I cast my vote. If the Dems can provide a worthwhile candidate in the next election - they will have to prove that they deserve my vote - the same goes from any Republican candidate. According to you, anyone that does not condemn Bush is not worthy or your time or attention. You've made that quite clear.
</font color>
<hr /></blockquote>

__________________________________________________ _
Debra Li

Qtec
03-23-2006, 10:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
yes... and in many posts you have suggested we conduct a military coitus interruptus and bolt out the door to get away from it all. You never suggest any solutions AT ALL, <hr /></blockquote>

Isnt withdrawl a solution?
As long as the US Army is in Iraq the insurgents can use 'occupation' as their rallying call.

You are the most condescending poster on this forum. Everytime you reply to Gayle it reads like more of an attack and not just a reply.
Although Gayle does have the tendency to cram all of Bush's faults into one post, its only because she is passionate about her convictions- it doesnt say that now and again she makes a good point.

[ QUOTE ]
You have refused to acknowledge or consider the facts, or other points of view, <font color="blue"> that must make her unique. LOL </font color> so why do you even try to take part in a "discussion" about this or any topic. It seems kind of pointless to me. Am I alone in that asessment? <font color="blue"> If you were really smart, you wouldnt have to ask that question. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif </font color>
<hr /></blockquote>

[ QUOTE ]
You make me laugh. All you do is bitch and moan <hr /></blockquote> <font color="blue">What are you doing in this post! </font color>

[ QUOTE ]
IMO, you are extremely closed minded and uneducated on several issues and your posts lack objectivity which causes many to people to either dismiss them, laugh at them, or roll their eyes at them. Anyone that refuses to acknowledge the history of how we eneded up with our national debt is ignorant. I'm sorry. Im not saying that to insult you, I'm just pointing out why some people take a strong opposition to what you write here.
<hr /></blockquote>

Who are 'some people'?
You sound like Bush or O'Rielly, or any one of those pundits with a lot of opinion and very little knowledge.

Q........

pooltchr
03-23-2006, 10:19 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr>
Although Gayle does have the tendency to cram all of Bush's faults into one post,
Q........ <hr /></blockquote>

Not one post, Q....EVERY POST!!!!!!!
Steve

DebraLiStarr
03-23-2006, 10:38 AM
Qtec

At least I can back up what I post with documented FACTS, not a closedminded, uneducated opinion that is slanted toward a party affiliation. You accuse me of "bitching and moaning" because I point out that Gayle does it. Clever, but fecal mter floats as well. Once again, thanks for responding to my personality instead of the issues. No, I'm not attacking Gayle, just disputing what she writes - unless you have any facts that dispute anything that I have written about the issues, I will consider your attempts to deflect this on to me as pathetic.

Debra Li

Deeman3
03-23-2006, 12:53 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DebraLiStarr:</font><hr> we conduct a military coitus interruptus and bolt out the door ________________________________
Debra Li <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Ohhh, Debra Li, talk dirty to me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif </font color>

Deeman
Debra Li fan club member 623, Alabama Chapter

DebraLiStarr
03-23-2006, 02:46 PM
http://www.geocities.com/dli41075/Banned_at_poolchat.JPG

<font color="blue"> Greetings to all my fans in Alabammer!!! </font color>

eg8r
03-24-2006, 04:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I haven't changed it, I have added more proof that it is correct. <hr /></blockquote> Proof? You have got to be kidding.

eg8r

eg8r
03-24-2006, 04:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Isnt withdrawl a solution? <hr /></blockquote> That is not a solution, it is an option. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif That does not solve anything except bringing troops back home. If the problem was that are military was spread too thin and we need more soldiers back home, then withdrawal would be a solution. We will not be in that situation until we bomb Iran and NK. At that point I say we withdraw from Iraq and send our men to the border of Iran. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Although Gayle does have the tendency to cram all of Bush's faults into one post, its only because she is passionate about her convictions- it doesnt say that now and again she makes a good point.
<hr /></blockquote> No kidding. I surely hope all her posts were just typed once and she is copy/pasting. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Who are 'some people'? <hr /></blockquote> This is the same group of people that are always referred to when people say "you know what they say". Who is "they".

eg8r

DickLeonard
03-24-2006, 05:42 AM
Steve you mean all those illegal guns just show up on the streets. How can you enforce the laws when Rush Limbaugh a felony drug user is not in Jail. George Bush a felony drug user never went to jail. But a tenement kid goes to Jail for using drugs because he doesn't have the trial lawyers the powerful can afford.

You might never have heard of New Yorks Rockefeller drug laws 20 years in jail for the first offense. Every parent who has a kid in jail for drugs should demand that RussBomb be in Jail or set their children free. ####

pooltchr
03-24-2006, 06:07 AM
My point, exactly! Enforce the laws we have, and the problem will quickly subside! Our courts have gone overboard to treat criminals as victims! Start locking criminals up and the crime rate goes down. It's that simple.
Steve

eg8r
03-24-2006, 07:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Steve you mean all those illegal guns just show up on the streets. How can you enforce the laws when Rush Limbaugh a felony drug user is not in Jail. George Bush a felony drug user never went to jail. But a tenement kid goes to Jail for using drugs because he doesn't have the trial lawyers the powerful can afford. <hr /></blockquote> Apples and oranges. Do you wanna talk drug users or illegal gun purchases?

eg8r

Gayle in MD
03-24-2006, 02:25 PM
That's interesting, since every single retired general is say it.

This is definately a civil war. It is two factions fighting for supremacy, the shi'ites, and the Sunnis, and the so called Iraqi Army, is doing half the killing. This situation is totally out of control. There is bombing and killing in every single one of the fifteen provinces. Denial can only go so far. In the coming months, Bush will have to admit it, because the republicans are already distancing themselves from him, and try as he may, he can't stop the press from reporting the truth. Rupert doesn't own ALL of the media.

Gayle in Md. Over a thousand people have been killed since the bombing of the mosque, and more every day, and they can't even get twenty Arabs in a room to agree on one piece of paper. Wake up and smell the oil.

Gayle in Md.

pooltchr
03-24-2006, 02:57 PM
Retired General.....Active Duty Deployed over there....which one might have a better concept of what daily life is like over there???
Steve

Gayle in MD
03-25-2006, 08:25 AM
The American press, has a better idea, and they report, over and over, that the populated areas are not safe for any travel, by newsmen or anyone else, without armed protection, in armoured Hum-V's, or on American hellicopters.

Their answer to why there isn't more press coverage on any of the FEW good things that happen there, is that it is not safe to travel anywhere in Iraq without being protected by armed American troops. This is over three years into this war. Does that sound like progress? NO.

Generals who do not support this administration's propaganda on the state of the war, are either forced out, or can expect no further advancment in their service careers. Those Generals who have retired, and some of them retired early, due to their differences with Bush, and Rumsfeld, do not agree with Bush policies, by and large.

John Murtha's plan, is not and never was, for immediate withdrawel, but for re-deployment just outside the most dangerous areas, thereby forcing the Iraqis to be front men for fighting the war, with help nearby when things begin to heat up to a level that requires re-enforcment. Our troops cannot be seen as taking one side over the other in the midst of warring factions, Sunni against Shi'ite, or Shi'ite against Sunni. This is the bulk of the fighting and bombing, not alQaeda. This is not a war on TERROR, it is an effort to force with troops and bombs, our form of government on people who, by majority, do not want us in their country. This is Nation Building, the very thing that George Bush spoke against in his bid for the presidency.

The continual use of the words WAR ON TERROR, and the intention to mislead our people here by describing our enemy in Iraq as alQaeda, is just another way that this administration confuses Americans about this war, since estimates are that there are 700 to 1,000 from outside the country.

Occupations under such circumstances have never been successful. VIETNAM The populace in Iraq is by and large, lightyears behind civilized notions of peace. You can get rid of one dictator type thug, and they turn right around and put another one just as bad in his place. AFGHANISTAN.

Gayle in Md.

pooltchr
03-26-2006, 06:12 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr>
Their answer to why there isn't more press coverage on any of the FEW good things that happen there, is that it is not safe to travel anywhere in Iraq without being protected by armed American troops. This is over three years into this war. Does that sound like progress? NO.

Gayle in Md. <hr /></blockquote>

Maybe it's the fact that they are traveling with our military, who are needed more in the troubled areas than they are where things are settled down. If your job is to fight, you will spend a lot of time where the fighting is going on. If you travel with someone whose job it is to fight, you are going to see a lot of fighting.
Steve

eg8r
03-27-2006, 08:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The American press, has a better idea, <hr /></blockquote> Better than the active duty generals and soldiers. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Keep on talking Gayle. You sound more and more like your interpretation of W every day.

eg8r

eg8r
03-27-2006, 08:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe it's the fact that they are traveling with our military, who are needed more in the troubled areas than they are where things are settled down. If your job is to fight, you will spend a lot of time where the fighting is going on. If you travel with someone whose job it is to fight, you are going to see a lot of fighting.
Steve <hr /></blockquote> Steve, leave common sense out of this. Gayle has no desire to hear it.

eg8r