PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone pick up anything new at the Super Expo?

CarolNYC
03-22-2006, 02:21 AM
Eurowest gave me a new breakjumpcue:
the jump cue is a complete re-engeneered break & jump. It features our own tip (APF Atom Power Ferrule) which is a layered fibre and it won't break even if you run over it with an 18 wheeler. We give a lifetime gurantee on it. the complete cue is one inch longer than a normal cue to give you more control thhrough a longer follow thru and increase break speed. The jump tip (APF) jumps easy a s snapping your fingers and it allows you also to put spin on the ball. (Which is hard to impossible with a phenolic tip !!) Blatt will have about 6 B&J cues by the end of next week !!!

Just wondering what everyone else bought!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

CarolNYC
03-22-2006, 02:22 AM
Oops, How did everyone feel about the no smoking?

Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Rich R.
03-22-2006, 03:54 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> Oops, How did everyone feel about the no smoking? <hr /></blockquote>
I loved the non-smoking. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I even heard a lot of smokers saying that it was better.

BTW, I did buy a few small items. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I got a new cue from Capone and a little something from Leonard Bludworth.

dg-in-centralpa
03-22-2006, 06:15 AM
I bought a few small items such as moori tips for a friend, new Sir Joe glove, and a new blue book. Mary and my daughter made out better than I did, she shopped at King of Prussia mall for a day and a half. Jeeesh! They got things they needed but I could only look at the cues and not buy. The biggest thing I got was your picture that you signed to us. We are displaying it proudly in my office.

Duane

nAz
03-22-2006, 09:04 AM
well I did pick up this one chick but she bolted after one Tequila and corona...

/ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

hmmm there was this cue made by Capone that was so sweet emmm but i didn't have enough money to buy it. BTW Vicky is a pretty cool and knowledgeable person.

DennyS
03-22-2006, 09:18 AM
I really loved the Non Smoking also!
It was a real pleasure meeting alot of friends also. I wasn't real sure if i was going to make this years event, after having my heart attack in December but the Doc gave me permission to go. I enjoyed everyday!

GregN
03-22-2006, 09:36 AM
I picked up a reasonably priced leather 3x5 case, an OB-1 shaft, and a very nice looking (if not too expensive) Fury DL-5 cue for my wife. She didn't come along on this trip and doesn't play a lot of pool. . . but maybe that will change at some point.

Speaking of that cue. ..after I got it home I noticed a very small chip in the clear finish. Any suggestions on what to fill it with?

I don't smoke so the non-smoking policy was fine with me -- other than all of the smokers that kept going through a side-door near the table that we were playing at for 12 hours on Friday. Every time they opened that door a frigid blast of air would distract the players and was very uncomfortable for those of us in the area. I ended up standing guard-duty and sending them elsewhere.

9 Ball Girl
03-22-2006, 11:28 AM
Nonsmoking?! I reeked of cigarette smoke! Well, at least down in the pit I guess the nerves get to some people and they smoked--didn't bother me a bit though.

I didn't buy equipment, I bought a couple of suede backpacks from my new friend Gil and I bought some undies from my fav and Hopkins Jr.'s booth Run-Out.

Tony R. had a whole bunch of cues up in his room that were given to him and one that caught my eye was the Lightning Rod Break/Jump cue. It was superlight at only 12oz! It felt as though I had picked up a twig!

DebraLiStarr
03-22-2006, 11:51 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> - It was superlight at only 12oz! It felt as though I had picked up a twig! <hr /></blockquote>

Quote by Wendy when she met the new "Mr. Smoothie"... rotflmao

Gotcha....
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9 Ball Girl
03-22-2006, 12:13 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DebraLiStarr:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> - It was superlight at only 12oz! It felt as though I had picked up a twig! <hr /></blockquote>

Quote by Wendy when she met the new "Mr. Smoothie"... rotflmao

Gotcha....
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif<hr /></blockquote>Yup, you got me alright! /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Voodoo Daddy
03-22-2006, 01:51 PM
Did some horse tradin' and got a pretty sporty Andy Gilbert 6 pointer, some shirts from run-out &amp; Hustlin' USA, a Porper travel bag and I got a ROTTEN COLD from being in that freezin' cold weather!!

eg8r
03-22-2006, 02:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
...and I got a ROTTEN COLD from being in that freezin' cold weather!! <hr /></blockquote> It is nice to be back in Florida where a cold front this weekend will bring in some frigid 70 degree temps. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Glad you had a good time. One of these years I will check it out myself.

eg8r

Eric.
03-22-2006, 02:36 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
...and I got a ROTTEN COLD from being in that freezin' cold weather!! <hr /></blockquote> It is nice to be back in Florida where a cold front this weekend will bring in some frigid 70 degree temps. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Glad you had a good time. One of these years I will check it out myself.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

Whadda bunch of sissies!

Just be happy youse didn't try to see if your tongue really sticks to the flag pole /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Eric &gt;you'll shoot yer eye out

SPetty
03-22-2006, 03:39 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> I bought a couple of suede backpacks from my new friend Gil...<hr /></blockquote>Cute young friendly hispanic guy? Surrounded by leather things decorated in 8-balls and 9-balls and such? Leather keychains and back packs and cue cases and perhaps leather covered shot glasses? Gil was my new best friend in Vegas last year - if you bought a shot glass, he'd fill it free! I have quite a collection of Gil's shot glasses... He actually wrote "SPetty's Bottle" on the bottle... /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Timberly
03-22-2006, 06:07 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Voodoo Daddy:</font><hr>I got a ROTTEN COLD from being in that freezin' cold weather!!<hr /></blockquote>

I don't think it was the weather that made you sick. Did you get a whiff of the inside of that "thing" I had to carry?? I don't know if we noticed it at that point but I'm telling ya.... it very well could be from the innards of that "thing". WHEW it's rough! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

9 Ball Girl
03-22-2006, 06:46 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr>Cute young friendly hispanic guy? Surrounded by leather things decorated in 8-balls and 9-balls and such? Leather keychains and back packs and cue cases and perhaps leather covered shot glasses? Gil was my new best friend in Vegas last year - if you bought a shot glass, he'd fill it free! I have quite a collection of Gil's shot glasses... He actually wrote "SPetty's Bottle" on the bottle... /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif <hr /></blockquote>Yeah! He's a "Chicano" which is just the way I like 'em. (I think he liked me too! /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif ) But yeah, he has great stuff and I think he said he may go down to VA to check it out. The first thiing I thought of was you when I saw the Jose Cuervo...Are you going to Vegas? If so, give him a hug and kiss for me!

lukeinva
03-22-2006, 10:07 PM
Damn I couldnt go this year I had it planned and then some things came up! I know 2 people that went just to get cues, one spent 10G's the other spent 30G's!! They both got some fantastic looking cues!!

lukeinva
03-22-2006, 10:14 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote GregN:</font><hr> I picked up a reasonably priced leather 3x5 case, an OB-1 shaft, and a very nice looking (if not too expensive) Fury DL-5 cue for my wife. She didn't come along on this trip and doesn't play a lot of pool. . . but maybe that will change at some point.

Speaking of that cue. ..after I got it home I noticed a very small chip in the clear finish. Any suggestions on what to fill it with?

I don't smoke so the non-smoking policy was fine with me -- other than all of the smokers that kept going through a side-door near the table that we were playing at for 12 hours on Friday. Every time they opened that door a frigid blast of air would distract the players and was very uncomfortable for those of us in the area. I ended up standing guard-duty and sending them elsewhere. <hr /></blockquote>

Just call up sterling gaming they sell the fury line they should replace it, if not just get some super glue and put it on the chip. After letting it dry you may need to wetsand it with 2000 grit or finer. But you wont feel it afterwards.

CarolNYC
03-23-2006, 01:11 AM
Hustlin USA,huh-boy,you must be looking quite the sport,ROFL-I love ys!:)
Carol

CarolNYC
03-23-2006, 01:13 AM
Hiya Eg8r,
You poor baby-70 degrees-ahhhhhhhhh........wish we had that-you shoulda seen the people outside smoking-they're CRAZY!
Hope you make it next year too!
Take care!
Carol

CarolNYC
03-23-2006, 01:14 AM
LMAO! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

CarolNYC
03-23-2006, 01:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Tony R. had a whole bunch of cues up in his room <hr /></blockquote>
Rub it in,rub it ib-you go girl! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
It was superlight at only 12oz! <hr /></blockquote>
Im sure that wasnt the only thing weighing 12 oz.
oops!

love ya,
Carol

CarolNYC
03-23-2006, 01:21 AM
Hey Greg,
I know what ya mean-MAN, I froze my a$$ off at that front door-jeesh!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

CarolNYC
03-23-2006, 01:23 AM
Denny,
It was SOOOOOOOOOOOO nice to see you and by the grace of God you are here-God bless you and you hang in there my friend-we shall see you again,right?
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

CarolNYC
03-23-2006, 01:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
well I did pick up this one chick but she bolted after one Tequila and corona <hr /></blockquote>
Well,well,well, I'll always be your girl and you KNOW you are my sweetheart and I woulda hung ALL night with you,but after 16 hour shifts,cm'on now,tequila-one more shot and you woulda been carrying me to my room ,LMAO- what good would I have been to you /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
You'll always be my sweetie /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Capone that was so sweet emmm but i didn't have enough money <hr /></blockquote>

Ummmmmmm,next time,let me know,huh-I got money!Ah-ite??????

love yo,
Carol

CarolNYC
03-23-2006, 01:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
she shopped at King of Prussia mall for a day <hr /></blockquote>

I WANTED TO GO-SHE HAD THE CREDIT CARD,RIGHT!rofl.HA HA HA

[ QUOTE ]
your picture that you signed to us <hr /></blockquote>

ANYTIME,my friend,anytime-
Always a pleasure!
Carol

CarolNYC
03-23-2006, 01:33 AM
Hey Rich,
Yes, I enjoyed the non-smoking,too! (although I am smoker)
Good luck with the new cues-thats awesome!
Carol~see ya soon! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

GregN
03-23-2006, 07:56 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote lukeinva:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote GregN:</font><hr> I picked up a reasonably priced leather 3x5 case, an OB-1 shaft, and a very nice looking (if not too expensive) Fury DL-5 cue for my wife.

<hr /></blockquote>

Just call up sterling gaming they sell the fury line they should replace it, if not just get some super glue and put it on the chip. After letting it dry you may need to wetsand it with 2000 grit or finer. But you wont feel it afterwards. <hr /></blockquote>

Thanks Luke! I've sent a note to Sterling and will fall back on the super glue if they won't take care of it. It's such a small defect that it might be easier to just do that and skip the hassle of shipping it back for repair or replacement, but I'll give the Sterling folks a chance to make it right.

GregN
03-23-2006, 09:46 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote GregN:</font><hr>
Thanks Luke! I've sent a note to Sterling and will fall back on the super glue if they won't take care of it. <hr /></blockquote>

Sterling very quickly replied that I only need to send the cue back and they'll send a new one. Thank you again, Luke!

ceebee
03-23-2006, 09:57 AM
Yah, you betcha...

I picked up some new friends, more than 4 dozen new customers, some great new billiard related ideas, some new cue balls, a new case, 5 new DEMO Break Cues from different manufacturers &amp; some new absolutes about the break shot.

It was a fantastic show... I'm getting ready for the next one.

Rich R.
03-23-2006, 11:44 AM
Ceebee, it was nice to meet you in the restaurant Sunday evening. I'm happy you enjoyed the show.

CarolNYC
03-24-2006, 12:40 AM
Wow-thats fantastic-great job-
I guess we'll see ya next year,huh? /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif
love,
Carol

lukeinva
03-24-2006, 08:51 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote GregN:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote GregN:</font><hr>
Thanks Luke! I've sent a note to Sterling and will fall back on the super glue if they won't take care of it. <hr /></blockquote>
Sterling very quickly replied that I only need to send the cue back and they'll send a new one. Thank you again, Luke!
<hr /></blockquote>

Yeah they are a pretty great company to work with! I hold tournaments and they give us cues to raffle off!! They are a very great company!

eg8r
03-27-2006, 11:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You poor baby-70 degrees-ahhhhhhhhh........wish we had that-you shoulda seen the people outside smoking-they're CRAZY!
<hr /></blockquote> Yep, they are crazy. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif It actually dropped below 70 degrees. Too cold to go out. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r

eg8r
03-27-2006, 11:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Whadda bunch of sissies!

Just be happy youse didn't try to see if your tongue really sticks to the flag pole <hr /></blockquote> /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r

CarolNYC
03-27-2006, 02:59 PM
Hiya Eg8r,
Hows the weather in San Diego? Please tell me its warm-I need tan,LMAO!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DickLeonard
03-28-2006, 05:55 AM
Carol loved the no smoking it is to bad they didn't rent an old bus and park it outside so the smokers didn't have to stand out in the cold.

DickLeonard
03-28-2006, 06:51 AM
Voodoo Daddy never heard how the Bus ride north was? Steve and I got a cold from being in the warm weather.####

eg8r
03-28-2006, 07:31 AM
LOL, I have no idea. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Good luck on the tan. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

CarolNYC
03-29-2006, 01:59 AM
Thanks Eg8r-I'll probably burn,lmao-anyways,take care of that family and enjoy-we gotta meet up one day,huh?
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif