PDA

View Full Version : who has a "break rak"

07-03-2002, 01:56 PM
Today I ordered a break rak, I do have high hopes of increasing my break. has anyone used one or seen it in use. what do you guys think of it?

thanks

mike athens

Cueless Joey
07-03-2002, 02:31 PM
Tell us what YOU think a week from now.:-)
Wear a helmet though just to be safe.LOL
It's on Fleabay and looks like nobody is buying it.

07-05-2002, 10:00 AM
Is this the Mike Athens from Des Moines that I have been hearing so much about?

Nostroke
07-05-2002, 10:36 AM
I have seen one in use and the only advantage is that you dont have to chase the balls to practice. The way the cue ball reacts off the Break Rak to me doesnt seem natural so i dont think it is much of a help with CB control.

Sometimes when I practice the break i just put the one ball on the spot, blast away and watch the one ball path to see how square i hit it. This beats chasing the balls around. After i feel im hitting them square, ill do the whole rack for a couple of times.

07-05-2002, 10:43 AM
Joey A. = faggots/bakla! LOL

07-05-2002, 11:21 AM
partial snip:
I have seen one in use and the only advantage is that you dont have to chase the balls to practice.
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;;;;

I would think part of the reason to practice the break is to see where balls end up to see if balls racked in a certain location are pocketed more often from various positions. I haven't gotten around to practicing breaking for 9 ball. But I do a practice drill where I rack the balls 1 thru 6 in order. Then I break. Then I take cue in hand and see how many misses it takes me to finish the rack. I figured as long as I was racking I might as well rack the balls in order to see if I notice any different patterns in pocketing balls from different breaking locations. But I pocket less balls on the break with 6 balls then I do when breaking in 9 ball.

Nostroke
07-05-2002, 02:12 PM
You are practicing at a differnt level than me. Im just trying to hit the balls hard and square which i have a big problem with. Until i can do that, ill forget the finer points.

As far as six ball, forget it- No one makes balls in that game. Its a known hustle to offer someone the breaks in 6-Ball. Just saw a guy get robbed that way in Florida this winter.

SPetty
07-06-2002, 05:08 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Nostroke:</font><hr> I have seen one in use and the only advantage is that you dont have to chase the balls to practice. <hr></blockquote>I had the opportunity to give it a try while in Vegas. The poor fellow selling it spent much of his time chasing down the cue ball. Doesn't happen every time, but often enough that I think it might be a problem. Depending on how you hit it, the cue ball comes off the one ball, then bounces off the bungee cord and flys off the table.

Nostroke
07-06-2002, 09:59 AM
Sounds like the last nail in the coffin for this product. Couple of guys probably have their life savings in it too.

Rip
07-06-2002, 10:21 AM
I recall SPetty sending whitey on a bungee trip or two while trying out this product in Vegas. The demonstrator dude got quite a workout chasing the cue through the crowd and under tables. Due to the amount of exercise you get chasing the cue ball after it flies off the table, this gadget could be marketed as a combination "Pool and AB-Alyzer/Gut Buster" product. Add to that a third use--a high powered pest control device! Just place a pebble or Jolly Rancher in the rubberized bungee cord, pull back and let it fly! If you see someone hovering too close to the pool table while their opponent is shooting--blast them with the "Brak-YUR-A$$ Pool Etiquette Trainer". If the scoundrel approaches you as if to do you bodily harm--pound him into submission with the thing! Although I admire the creative and inventive spirit of the people who developed it, this item will not be included in my gadget collection. fwiw, Rip~~the scorpion assassin.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: SPetty:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: Nostroke:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; I have seen one in use and the only advantage is that you dont have to chase the balls to practice. &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;I had the opportunity to give it a try while in Vegas. The poor fellow selling it spent much of his time chasing down the cue ball. Doesn't happen every time, but often enough that I think it might be a problem. Depending on how you hit it, the cue ball comes off the one ball, then bounces off the bungee cord and flys off the table. <hr></blockquote>

Chris Cass
07-07-2002, 01:15 AM
Hey RIP,

I remember talking with that guy too. I was with Heide and Christ(small i). I only asked the guy, how the gadget was suppose to help your break. He's over there telling me about my break and where do I expect the ball to land. Insulting me, break over here to get the cb to stop here. I said I power break. He said you, can't stop the cb in the middle with my break and tried giving me break lessons.

I was pi$$ed, told the guy to put his doe up. I was going to break and pop off and knockout the big screen. Heide's like dragging me away saying, lets go honey, lets go. I said the nerve of that guy. I want to play him.

Regards,

C.C.~~ the guy thought of it in his garage. it's all about landing the cb in the middle of the table. Not about developing a power break or making balls at all. I don't know? If the guy was cool, I might have bought one. Instead, I wanted to break his neck.

Cueless Joey
07-07-2002, 02:36 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Anonymous:</font><hr> Joey A. = faggots/bakla! LOL <hr></blockquote>......
Hey PoolG, try logging in when you make statements like this. Would you like to know the balance point of the breakrak too?

07-07-2002, 05:11 PM
Mr. Mike in IOWA, don't pay any attention to the negative remarks made by some of these NaySayers. The BreakRAK is NOW in 24 States &amp; 3 countries. We have sold to 9 Professionals, 5 BCA Instructors, 4 Pool Schools, Dr. Cue &amp; Bert Kinister have them, PLUS lot's of customers.
There were 3 gentlemen at the BreakRAK Booth... 2 of which are not Pool Players. At the BreakRAK booth we met lots of nice folks &amp; more than a few wannabees. The product will soon have a NEW webpage &amp; lot's of Customer comments will be displayed. Remember... no product is of any use to someone that doesn't know how to use it...!

07-07-2002, 05:18 PM
Mr. RRIP..... sounds like SPetty needs to buy something that will help him learn the Break Shot... or maybe he should just be physically restrained, so he's no threat to property or nearby Players...

Rip
07-07-2002, 06:08 PM
Absolutely! SPetty!!! Listen up dammit!! You need to BUY something that will teach you the break shot!!
How could anyone claim to know how to break without BUYING something to teach them how? Get with the program SPetty and BUY it today! There ya' go Anonymous BRAK RAK Dude, I tried to sell one for you!

Special Order Request: Industrial Strength model BRAK RAK for CC when it's available.

How many units were purchased by notable pool people mentioned in your previous post? How many were provided at little or no cost for them to them to take home for "field testing" and "marketing assessments"? I'm not saying there is anything wrong with this practice as it's SOP, but a previous post implies that many notable people in the pool business PURCHASED a BrakRak. Again, I admire the inventive spirit and will always be an advocate of free enterprise. In fact, I'm working on a prototype of a new restraint device for pool players that have not purchased a BrakRak. I expect my market will be HUGE!
Best of luck in your venture, Rip~~Marketing Guru

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Anonymous:</font><hr> Mr. RRIP..... sounds like SPetty needs to buy something that will help him learn the Break Shot... or maybe he should just be physically restrained, so he's no threat to property or nearby Players... <hr></blockquote>

Scott Lee
07-08-2002, 11:00 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Rip:</font><hr> Absolutely! SPetty!!! Listen up dammit!! You need to BUY something that will teach you the break shot!!
How could anyone claim to know how to break without BUYING something to teach them how? Get with the program SPetty and BUY it today! There ya' go Anonymous BRAK RAK Dude, I tried to sell one for you!

Rip~~Marketing Guru
<hr></blockquote>

Rip...TOO late! LOL SPetty has already purchased something that will undoubtably help! It should arrive in about 10 days or so! It is CERTAIN to improve not only the break shot, but SPetty's entire game...GUARANTEED, or your money back! LOL

Scott Lee

07-08-2002, 02:45 PM
saw it,tried it while in vegas. thought it may have possiblities but was i the only one to notice the tape under the front ball in the rack. could not get a good answer from the guy at the booth. do you think that this break rak eats cloth

07-08-2002, 05:09 PM
actually the Scotch Tape is put over the SPOT because the SPOT is a fibrous material &amp; it eats the Ball Surface. By placing the tape over the SPOT, the lead ball doesn't get marred &amp; the ink in the SPOT stays there... I would ask you folks to direct your questions to us at the BreakRAK Company, so they may be properly answered.

07-08-2002, 08:54 PM
I have owned the "BreakRak" since the conception. If any of you are real players and not bangers then you would put your money where your mouth is. This is the best training aid since the invention of the game. How many of you actually have control of the cue ball? Sure we can all have a "Power Break" but to keep it in control is as or more important then making balls. This forum is totally out of control, lets get a handle on it and have some fun.

Rip
07-08-2002, 09:27 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Anonymous:</font><hr>
I have owned the "BreakRak" since the conception. If any of you are real players and not bangers then you would put your money where your mouth is. This is the best training aid since the invention of the game. How many of you actually have control of the cue ball? Sure we can all have a "Power Break" but to keep it in control is as or more important then making balls. This forum is totally out of control, lets get a handle on it and have some fun. <hr></blockquote>

Great idea AnonoPromoterGuy! So if we BUY this gadget we'll no longer be "bangers", we'll be real life PLAYERS and as an extra added bonus we'll have some fun?

I have a strange feeling that AnonoBrakSalesDude just insulted quite a few on this board that are certainly not "bangers". Not cool. Suggested reading for tomorrow: Marketing 101 for AnonoGuy. Regards, Rip~~I know I'm not a banger 'cause the guy that sold me the Ginsu knives said he promoted me to "Player" status! LOL /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Cueless Joey
07-08-2002, 10:15 PM
Rip are you sure this won't help your one-hole break? I believe Tobey and Archie practiced with this device years ago until someone put it out in the open. I saw Jack Cooney and John Schmidt carry this with them in their Cadillacs. I swear.

Rip
07-08-2002, 10:49 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Cueless Joey:</font><hr> Rip are you sure this won't help your one-hole break? I believe Tobey and Archie practiced with this device years ago until someone put it out in the open. I saw Jack Cooney and John Schmidt carry this with them in their Cadillacs. I swear. <hr></blockquote>

You're right! They were tired of being called "banger" by anonymous people so they ordered and the rest is history! It chopped, sliced, minced, diced and even removed belly button lint! Now where is that MasterCard!!! LOL, Rip~~I've been called a lot of things---today--but the "banger" comment borders on sacreligious.

Cueless Joey
07-08-2002, 10:59 PM
Rip, maybe they want to hire YOU as their rep? LOL
You kill me all the time. Why did Don Rickles fire you as his opening act? You didn't hustle him, did you?

Chris Cass
07-09-2002, 01:03 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Anonymous:</font><hr>
I have owned the "BreakRak" since the conception. If any of you are real players and not bangers then you would put your money where your mouth is. This is the best training aid since the invention of the game. How many of you actually have control of the cue ball? Sure we can all have a "Power Break" but to keep it in control is as or more important then making balls. This forum is totally out of control, lets get a handle on it and have some fun. <hr></blockquote>

Sure, I'll put my money where my mouth is if, you'll put your mouth where my money is, first. How's that for fun?

Just cause you got sucked into buying it, doesn't mean I will. If you work for the company then, say so. I might have been interested if the sales staff in Vegas were courtious instead of talking down to a ball banger like myself. I can bang some balls so, quit busting mine.

C.C.

07-09-2002, 01:44 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Cueless Joey:</font><hr> Rip, maybe they want to hire YOU as their rep? LOL
You kill me all the time. Why did Don Rickles fire you as his opening act? You didn't hustle him, did you? <hr></blockquote>

cueless, first, i've got to tell you that, all this time, i thought your e-name was "clueless" and i thought that was a funny, if somewhat self-deprecating name. now, i've got it right, sorry.
anyway, the note is to say that i think you've come up with the best tag line.

you could build a decent religion around a thought like that. or maybe someone already has?

dan

Cueless Joey
07-09-2002, 09:54 AM
&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: houstondan:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: Cueless Joey:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; Rip, maybe they want to hire YOU as their rep? LOL
You kill me all the time. Why did Don Rickles fire you as his opening act? You didn't hustle him, did you? &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;

cueless, first, i've got to tell you that, all this time, i thought your e-name was "clueless" and i thought that was a funny, if somewhat self-deprecating name. now, i've got it right, sorry.
anyway, the note is to say that i think you've come up with the best tag line.

you could build a decent religion around a thought like that. or maybe someone already has?

dan &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;.......
Dan, actually I was gonna call myself Clueless but I mistyped. LOL
I collect cues and somehow that monicker just came up in my head.I am cursed with a comedic head but am not complaining. Rip is comedically natural. Lorri has the best tag lines of course. She might be Dennis Miller's long lost sister.
Thanks for the compliment Dan.

JimS
07-09-2002, 10:04 AM
You blew it man. You just blew it! If you ever had any credibility you just lost it. You're finished here, your work is done......you blew it.